kaepernick interview

taco40

Reaction score
At 7:49 am, the NFL network showed an interview with kaepernick. He was, at best disengaged, as he answered questions in a monologue with as many cliches as he could, but what made the interview was really what was going on elsewhere on the screen. About four different headlines showed up under the camera shot, one of which read: 49'ERS LOST TO SEATTLE IN THE NFL CHAMPIONSHIP 23-17.
Then, after cutting to a different headline on the field, they showed a clip of kaepernick completing a pass to Kam Chancellor . [http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000245242/Kaepernick-intercepted-by-Chancellor]

Throwdown

Reaction score
Keep stuff about other teams and their players in the proper forums, it ain't that hard to do, folks.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Kap and Wilson definitely night and day interview wise.
Kap, tight lipped, kinda douchey, comes off terribad mostly.......Wilson, dripping with more can-do, enthusiastic, kinda rambling team-speak than the total combined positivity of every boy scout that has ever lived.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Harbaugh has done a heck of a job teaching Kaepernick how to deal with the media.

A heckuva job.

frase32

Reaction score
Why are we as a collective so obsessed with what celebrities and athletes have to say? I mean really, ninety nine percent of the time the are asked the most mundane, arbitrary and useless questions. Can we just get the microphones out of their faces? Does it really actually interest people to watch an interview pre practice, post practice, pre preseason, post preseason, pre game, post games, pre bowel movements....... Etc. I can't be the only person on the planet that just doesn't give a crap, can I?

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
DIRTYDOZENFAN":2p19oken said:
Taco40, so what time does Kap take a bathroom break ?

What did he have for breakfast?
What color underwear did he have on?

And yet another epic fail.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The_Z_Man":21xfzrs4 said:
Sarlacc83":21xfzrs4 said:
Harbaugh has done a heck of a job teaching Kaepernick how to deal with the media.

A heckuva job.

I wonder if Harbaugh also taught Marshawn Lynch...

While I agree with you overall, and this could just be me acting homerish, but Marshawn Lynch comes off as terribly anxious in front of crowds, whereas for Kaepernick, he just seems to be putting on his attitude.

But man, I don't care about all that stuff. The mainstream sports media is terrible anyway. I'd hate to have to talk to those morons too, by and large.

Also, I'd rather have Cam Newton than Luck or Kaepernick if we didn't have Russell Wilson, just as a talking point.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Kelvin Benjamin is already hurt. I don't know how Dave Gettleman can defend what he's done at WR. He took one WR in the draft, cut Steve Smith with no other options, and didn't find a way to spend money on at least a #2 like Decker or Tate. That position is an utter mess. How bad could they use a guy like Kevin Norwood right now?

Their backs aren't that great either even though Marty Hurney paid them a combined 2B in guarantees before getting fired. OK, that's hyperbole, but my point stands.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2o8221xd said:
Sarlacc83":2o8221xd said:

A heckuva job.

Oh wait!!!

Man, a good interview is just what it is. Hass used to give great interviews, Walter Jones not so much.

I like Kaepernick. If you took Wilson out of the equation and I had to pick any other QB in the NFL to lead the Seahawks, I'd have a hell of a tough decision between Kap and Andrew Luck.

Just saying.

Considering there were reports that Kaepernick was a good interview at Nevada, I can confidently say I'm right.

Edit: Just for posterity's sake, let's watch Kaep's 2010 interview. A cleverer man than I would notice how he smiles, is deferential, and engages his interviewer. He is no more awkward than any other college student, and in fact, seems to have some awe at the process he is going through.

[youtube]ogWQcdykCaM[/youtube]

If you like, I can post one of his professional post-game press conferences, but you seem to already know what exists in those videos. Thus it is very true you definitely should have used sarcasm to imply that you are right and I am an idiot. Because it sure looks like you had every right to act that way, didn't you?

/mic drop

frase32

Reaction score
Once again why is what they say or how they say it important to people? How often do "likeable" players say ANYTHING of substance in interviews while they are asked dumb as hell questions? This applies to ANY celebrity in my opinion. I don't need to know what a player is thinking before or after practice, or any game for the matter, to enjoy watching him play. It does nothing to enrich my enjoyment of the games.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":19oze6cd said:
Thus it is very true you definitely should have used sarcasm to imply that you are right and I am an idiot. Because it sure looks like you had every right to act that way, didn't you?

Holy Moly! I am thinking, what the heck did I say to hurt feelings so badly?

Oh wait!!!
Man, a good interview is just what it is. Hass used to give great interviews, Walter Jones not so much

Um, hmmm, I can't find that implication that "I am right and you are an idiot." anywhere in there, in fact, this was pretty light and frothy. All that I did was make a compelling argument.

And since we are throwing around interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2tKQVQSNRA

:24 on... who is that kid? So happy, so excitable, so talky in front of the cameras! Woah, that's Lynch!

The point being made here, is that there is a huge difference being a small school player who has a few mics and cameras in his face here and there, and a pro player who has several dozen people bombarding him, a bunch of people from the front office telling you what you can and can't say, and all the press waiting for you to screw up so they can put their own creepy spin on what you meant.

There is a reason Russell Wilson reads from a list of cliche's. He's protecting himself. He's just doing it with more polish than Lynch or Kap.

Vernon Davis is a great interview, and there are other niners that are likewise, and some that are worse than Kap (Brooks comes to mind)

A) I was laying on the sarcasm a little thick in response to the OH WAIT (which, was pretty condescending). Apparently I took the snark so far through sarcasm I ran into Poe's Law. (I was setting up the mic drop.)

B) I get your point. However, in the case of Kaepernick, there's a pretty clear correlation between his attitude with the media and his coach. The time when the media twisted Marshawn's words is a documented event; he was quite friendly when Seattle traded for him in 2010. Kaepernick came out the gate 'swinging' as it were, after his debut in 2012. This has been discussed ad nausem at that time.

C) Since B is the case, my argument has run its course, and it probably would not be fruitful to continue lest we actually get into a real disagreement. Yes?

rideaducati

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3rccqv9s said:
Sarlacc83":3rccqv9s said:

A heckuva job.

Oh wait!!!

Man, a good interview is just what it is. Hass used to give great interviews, Walter Jones not so much.

I like Kaepernick. If you took Wilson out of the equation and I had to pick any other QB in the NFL to lead the Seahawks, I'd have a hell of a tough decision between Kap and Andrew Luck.

Just saying.

I bet you're the only guy on the planet that would have trouble making that decision.

Just saying.