Just like that, our defense arrived

QWERTY

Reaction score
It is more than "just the Giants". They won a road playoff game last season. They had 11 days to prepare. When the Cowboys did the same, we heard nonstop adoration for the Cowboy defense.

It is about the Seattle defense finally getting on the same page. Like I predicted three months ago. It would take four games to get right.
The team is on schedule.

Yea but the Cowboys got demolished by the Cards.

and again it is just the Giants.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Hello 50 sacks our old friend,
You have come to our team again.
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while 12s were sleeping
And the vision that was planted in our brain
Still remains
Within the sound of sacking.
"The sound of sacking". That phrase leaves me mildly aroused.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Those blitzes were the kind that playoff-caliber QB's exploit all day. Daniel Jones is bad and Hurtt blitzed him to see if he could find his outlet reads and take advantage of corner blitzes, and, nope. His vision is glued downfield and he's got no pocket presence.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
If we were healthy we may never have seen spoon have the welcome to the nfl game he had and with adams back after the bye we may have more players as well but this D could actually be a force and our oline could see some dominance so the biggest takeaway is holy crap , we have some depth now don't we
Feels like 2012 for sure now and ya never know where the chips fall

olyfan63

Reaction score
It is more than "just the Giants". They won a road playoff game last season. They had 11 days to prepare. When the Cowboys did the same, we heard nonstop adoration for the Cowboy defense.

It is about the Seattle defense finally getting on the same page. Like I predicted three months ago. It would take four games to get right.
The team is on schedule.
I remember that post. And I remember others giving you crap about it, and thinking, "Why?!" It seemed perfectly sensible to notice a pattern in the play of past Hawks' defensive units, and to project that this year's team was likely to follow that pattern, of the D improving markedly during the season after a rocky start.

Recall in 2012 the Hawks started 1-2, then were at 5-5 before getting hot and nearly running the table after that. This year, 3-1 with an improving D feels like a good place to be going into the bye week.