John Ursua...

xray

Reaction score
Ursua has another great game...2 for 52 yrds. The Hawks need to look no farther for Baldwins replacement . This kid already looks like a seasoned pro. IMO

Smellyman

Reaction score
He would be snatched up so quick if they try to stash him away.

Has to be on the 53

James in PA

Reaction score
I have to agree with others here. Don’t overthink this one, Pete. “Well, what kind of competition has he been doing it against?” “Maybe we can hide him on the practice squad.”

He makes our 53 or he’s a Patriot. Don’t overthink it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Ursua has all the earmarks of a Steve Largent in the first year, not fast, not big, not physically imposing. Just makes plays and makes defenders look stupid. Now before some asshat jumps in and says how can you compare him to Steve Largent, I am not, he has not done a thing yet that matters, but he has that savvy and non imposing physical description and measurables and succeeds is what I am referencing.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Ursua is opening some eyes, man. He looks really, really good. I think him being older gives him a big advantage in being a mature presence and Henning a pretty refine skill set. He looks like a total natural out there. Agreed with those saying he won't clear waivers. There's a reason John traded back into the 7th to nab him. Don't let him get away.

McGruff

Reaction score
I had Ursua pegged as a Welker/Edelman type. Just a safe chain mover.

He is way more explosive and agile than i expected. Especially with the ball 8n his hands.

He is electric. Pleasantly surprised.

McGruff

Reaction score
chris98251":3ti01gjz said:
Ursua has all the earmarks of a Steve Largent in the first year, not fast, not big, not physically imposing. Just makes plays and makes defenders look stupid. Now before some asshat jumps in and says how can you compare him to Steve Largent, I am not, he has not done a thing yet that matters, but he has that savvy and non imposing physical description and measurables and succeeds is what I am referencing.

Dumb post. How can you compare him to Steve Largent?

You obviously never watched Steve play.

acer1240

Reaction score
McGruff":1j3ct80g said:
chris98251":1j3ct80g said:

He said in the first year. How can you argue that?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
McGruff":14m047j7 said:
I had Ursua pegged as a Welker/Edelman type. Just a safe chain mover.

He is way more explosive and agile than i expected. Especially with the ball 8n his hands.

He is electric. Pleasantly surprised.
I was thinking the same comp, but we won’t really know until we see more.

two dog

Reaction score
I personally don't need to see more. Put him on the 53 and play him. If we don't, we
will surely regret it.

One comparison to Steve Largent is entirely legit, Ursua explodes out of his cuts and
as a result is open a lot of the time. Got not so much to do with foot speed but with
center of gravity and talented feet. This observation I heard from a Q & A by
Steve Moore at training camp in Cheney. Who is Strve Moore? He was Steve Largent's
position coach taking questions at the annual brunch for the fans at EWU.

Ursula is exactly what Bill belechik (sp) wants and if Seattle leaves the door open he will
take steps to acquire him. Sleep on Ursua and you will wish you had not.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
McGruff":2cjlx3j7 said:
chris98251":2cjlx3j7 said:

As predicted someone has decided to wear the asshat.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really like what I see from that guy. He just seems like a very versatile player who fits this team, and is willing to do whatever they ask of him. Really hope he sticks.....

sutz

Reaction score
McGruff":1wil3orz said:
chris98251":1wil3orz said:

I watched quite a bit of Steve Largent's career and I kind of agree. You can't compare Ursua to Largent. Ursua is a lot faster than Steve ever was.

:twisted:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One of many things that was so amazing about Largent: He really wasn't a "fast" guy at all. But for some reason, he was ALWAYS finding himself wide open. His route running and hands are among the best of all time, period. Doug had a lot of the same qualities that Steve had. Route running, incredible hands, huge plays with the game on the line etc.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":39et969e said:
One of many things that was so amazing about Largent: He really wasn't a "fast" guy at all. But for some reason, he was ALWAYS finding himself wide open. His route running and hands are among the best of all time, period. Doug had a lot of the same qualities that Steve had. Route running, incredible hands, huge plays with the game on the line etc.

Ursua might never be a Largent or a Baldwin ; but he could be a Wes Welker and that wouldn't be a bad thing at all .IMO

Jville

Reaction score
There have been many students.

But, the NFL has seen only one "Yoda".

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
xray":a7o6gd18 said:
McGruff":a7o6gd18 said:
chris98251":a7o6gd18 said:

As predicted someone has decided to wear the asshat.
Guessing this was sarcasm or at the very least just poking a little fun at Chris. What say you McGruff?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, etc. If he's anywhere close to what those guys did, that would be huge for this team.

Latest posts