John Ursua...

toffee

Reaction score
At this point, Ursua has shown the star rookie WR, Metcalf hasn’t shown much, Jennings ZERO ( an dude even make the cut?), Jazz flashed but faded.

Ursua has been consistent and kept flashing, time for him to play more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
toffee":mftu6sfr said:
At this point, Ursua has shown the star rookie WR, Metcalf hasn’t shown much, Jennings ZERO ( an dude even make the cut?), Jazz flashed but faded.

Ursua has been consistent and kept flashing, time for him to play more.

So while I agree on Ursa I disagree on a couple of your other assessments or at least in the mitigating things you failed to add.

So Jazz he did not flash and then fade. He was not targeted in the last game but once, and he got us a PI call, and he was also missed my Smith when he made a great move and was wide open. When I think Fading I think had chances but missed them.

As for Metcalf he is making the team no sense to even count him.

I too beleive Ursa makes the team.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
Not that it matters....but Ursua is a Pacific Islander, and I think either Native Hawaiian or Polynesian.

toffee

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":2k4o1ja1 said:
Not that it matters....but Ursua is a Pacific Islander, and I think either Native Hawaiian or Polynesian.

Aren’t Polynesians like big guys?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Ursua reminds me of Baldwin, Tate, Largent, Blades, DJack, Skansi, Rice, Moss, Edelman, Welker, Owens and a bit of Haloti Ngata

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I knew he was going to say Keenan Allen before he said that. Exactly who he reminds me of especially the beard!

D

DomeHawk

toffee":2otn17dd said:
vigilantgrrl":2otn17dd said:

Aren’t Polynesians like big guys?

The big ones are.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
No, not all Polynesians and Samoans are big guys.
Remember Peyton Siva who was a star high school basketball player at Franklin High and led his Louisville team to the NCAA Championship? He is Samoan and definitely not huge!

McGruff

Reaction score
Pro Day

5'9"
178 pounds
37" vert
10' broad
17 bench reps
4.56 40
4.08 shuttle
6.77 3 cone

5'9"
189 pounds
37" vert
10'3" broad
6 bench reps
4.49 40
4.26 shuttle
6.64 3 cone

McGruff

Reaction score
Gregg Bell (@gbellseattle) Tweeted:
Talking to John Ursua, Pete Carroll, others on how competitive it was to get him at end of draft--Ursua said about half of all NFL teams called wanting him as an UDFA--+ Carroll's words today on him, no way #Seahawks don't have rookie 7th-rd pick on their 53-man Saturday at WR https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status ... 26241?s=17

Jville

Reaction score
As we look forward to tonight's final audition, here is another article on the subject of John Ursua ........

Seahawks on tape: John Ursua has been the perfect slot receiver in preseason - by Matty F Brown >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/8/28/20836970/seattle-seahawks-john-ursua-slot-receiver-tape-projection-scout-offense-draft-perfect-preseason[/urltargetblank]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good stuff, thx for sharing. Really hoping he makes the roster, I think he does. But it doesn't matter what the fans think :lol:

McGruff

Reaction score
That writer is a hack. Article sounds like it's written by a teenager who has been watching football for like, 5 years tops.

sutz

Reaction score
Jville":19m1m7u1 said:
As we look forward to tonight's final audition, here is another article on the subject of John Ursua ........

Seahawks on tape: John Ursua has been the perfect slot receiver in preseason - by Matty F Brown >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/8/28/20836970/seattle-seahawks-john-ursua-slot-receiver-tape-projection-scout-offense-draft-perfect-preseason[/urltargetblank]
Well, Matty is obviously a fan. :mrgreen:

Good write-up, though. Puts out solid examples of Ursua doing the right things on the field, which is what matters. Certainly looks like a keeper to me.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Ursua has played well and I'd like to see him make the team. Five downfield catches in three preseason games doesn't make him a slot receiver roster lock though. Carroll has been pretty upfront that the young receivers are still learning the ropes and need more development time.

pehawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3cdnei0z said:
That writer is a hack. Article sounds like it's written by a teenager who has been watching football for like, 5 years tops.

You do realize Matty is handicapable, right? Seems that, just like our lord above is inclined to do, you're punching down.

McGruff

Reaction score
AgentDib":2ogkk1ca said:
Ursua has played well and I'd like to see him make the team. Five downfield catches in three preseason games doesn't make him a slot receiver roster lock though. Carroll has been pretty upfront that the young receivers are still learning the ropes and need more development time.

Except DK. DK is ready . . .

D

DomeHawk

This should be an important game for Ursua. I am guessing that neither Lockett nor Brown will play and they will confine passes to possession type passes to see who can step into that role. Moore is out with an injury so we won't see him, I expect to see Ursua, Jazz Ferguson, and Jennings getting the majority of targets.

Not going to this game, let the kids and their friends have the tickets so unfortunately won't be able to see much of what the receivers do with the limitations of TV but really hoping these guys show something tonight.

McGruff

Reaction score
pehawk":2l79qpbn said:
McGruff":2l79qpbn said:

You do realize Matty is handicapable, right? Seems that, just like our lord above is inclined to do, you're punching down.

Matthew 7:21-23