John Schneider is hurting our team.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1njzjujd said:
Hawks46":1njzjujd said:
kobebryant":1njzjujd said:
It certainly would have been preferable if they would have stayed put at 26 and selected someone like Forrest Lamp, Kevin King, Budda Baker, Chidobe Awuzie, Cam Robinson, Quincy Wilson, Cordrea Tankersley, Tyus Bowser, Tim Williams, Jordan Willis, Malik McDowell, Jourdan Lewis or Obi Melifonwu.

Holy crap. Aren't ALL of those guys still available ?

I can almost guarantee that the guy the Seahawks wanted in the 1st was still around. I can also almost guarantee that the Niners either let the Hawks know who they wanted to take, or the Hawks knew the few guys they wanted weren't going to those teams because they weren't a glaring need.

The only issue i have with it is that I'm not sure we got good value dropping out of the 1st round for a 2nd rounder. Especially after the Niners just did the Bears Texas prison style earlier.

The biggest issue is that we won't have a 5th year of team control on a cheap rookie deal for a guy they really wanted. And even then, it's not like it's guaranteed the guy will be in the league in 5 years or the Hawks will want to keep him.

We have a crap load of picks tomorrow.

Baker is gone.

Did he die? He wasn't drafted.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1m6nozge said:
C.J. Prosise
Nick Vannett
Rees Odhiambo
Tyler Lockett
Terry Poole
Mark Glowinski
Cassius Marsh
Kevin Norwood
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Jordan Hill
Chris Harper

That's our 11 3rd and 4th round draft picks the last four years. Real super stellar group of guys there (Tyler Lockett excluded). Can't wait to add a whole bunch more of those names to the roster.......

Go back a couple more years?

Or does that not fit the moan?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Before that we had the drunk guy helping us with our drafts.

He isn't here anymore.

And the moment he left, our drafts pretty much dropped precipitously in hit rate - especially for the later rounds.

Mojambo

Reaction score
No offense, but I'm going to go with the guy who has built a roster (from scratch) that won the Superbowl, and goes deep into the playoffs every year.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1co0tboi said:
Uncle Si":1co0tboi said:
Lot of hand wringing over Foster. Dude dropped a long ways but he's going to transform the 9ers?

.net i tell ya

Insanity. People acting like John made the Niners great with one player.

I'm not even close to buying it. We got a good return and pick a whole draft worth of picks tomorrow. We are going to load up.

You still haven't said who you want to get tomorrow. (Got your answer)

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it appears we have a lot of drunk guys trying to help here, John should Cherry Pick .Net :)

Heyseed

Reaction score
This draft was dead anyways
[youtube]AuInkEF_dQg[/youtube]

jhern87

Reaction score
... The mixed feelings are funny to me. As many have said we moved back 8 places and picked up numerous picks. The fact is there are still numerous guys still on the board that could have very easily went in the first round. Watch us trade up in the 2nd and get a combo like King & Lamp. I think Schneider deserves the benefit of the doubt based on his track record with the team. Take a deep breath and remember we have a solid FO.

jhern87

Reaction score
We likely draft the same guy tomorrow that we would have if we didn't move back at all.. How could you not love adding picks in the process?

mrt144

Reaction score
Uncle Si":213ub9mn said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":213ub9mn said:
C.J. Prosise
Nick Vannett
Rees Odhiambo
Tyler Lockett
Terry Poole
Mark Glowinski
Cassius Marsh
Kevin Norwood
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Jordan Hill
Chris Harper

That's our 11 3rd and 4th round draft picks the last four years. Real super stellar group of guys there (Tyler Lockett excluded). Can't wait to add a whole bunch more of those names to the roster.......

Go back a couple more years?

Or does that not fit the moan?

I would definitely weigh recency a little bit more. But the end result isn't very meaningful - just draft well, period.

Atradees

Reaction score
I laughed when the bad teams picked offensive players like wide outs in the top half of the draft.
The players we get will be just as good. Or better....let's stick to the plan and not trade down again.

Obi............Cam who owned the number one pick....
King local kid with measurables.

I don't like undersized players. Big, fast Obi. Freak.

Those are my three.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The draft "round" isn't related to player skill in any way. If there are 40 players with top-tier skill, it doesn't matter what "round" they go in.

In fact, the lower on the over all draftee list (regardless of round) you can get the player you want while also acquiring extra picks, the more successful you are since you're adding more chances to hit on a special player.

Getting caught up in the fallacy of round=talent are missing a lot of the big picture this year; this draft is deeeeeep!

Three cheers for our FO in 2017!

Mojambo

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3j0ywwvp said:
The draft "round" isn't related to player skill in any way. If there are 40 players with top-tier skill, it doesn't matter what "round" they go in.

In fact, the lower on the over all draftee list (regardless of round) you can get the player you want while also acquiring extra picks, the more successful you are since you're adding more chances to hit on a special player.

Getting caught up in the fallacy of round=talent are missing a lot of the big picture this year; this draft is deeeeeep!

Three cheers for our FO in 2017!

Good post.

As soon as the Bears took Trubisky and sparked a QB rush and the top of the draft went offensive skill position happy, the value play swung heavily to trading down multiple times. Especially in a deep draft like this.

Schneider KILLED today. Here's hoping they pay it off by picking the right guys tomorrow.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":hecw88jc said:
C.J. Prosise
Nick Vannett
Rees Odhiambo
Tyler Lockett
Terry Poole
Mark Glowinski
Cassius Marsh
Kevin Norwood
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Jordan Hill
Chris Harper

Very fair point. Can't escape the fact that this team's drafting has been less than stellar the last few years. Lots of useless players in that list. If they blow it with all these mid rounders this year, then yea, we can safely say the formula is broken.

IrishNW

Reaction score
I think Watt might have been someone they would have taken at 31

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2v0e10zl said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2v0e10zl said:
C.J. Prosise
Nick Vannett
Rees Odhiambo
Tyler Lockett
Terry Poole
Mark Glowinski
Cassius Marsh
Kevin Norwood
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Jordan Hill
Chris Harper

Very fair point. Can't escape the fact that this team's drafting has been less than stellar the last few years. Lots of useless players in that list. If they blow it with all these mid rounders this year, then yea, we can safely say the formula is broken.

I think that's fair.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1g59qz6q said:
Missing_Clink":1g59qz6q said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1g59qz6q said:
C.J. Prosise
Nick Vannett
Rees Odhiambo
Tyler Lockett
Terry Poole
Mark Glowinski
Cassius Marsh
Kevin Norwood
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Jordan Hill
Chris Harper

I think that's fair.

There are several on whom the jury is still out, and a couple good ones. If you expect to hit on all your draft picks, you're overestimating the draft. Thus the value of having more picks.

kobebryant

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2yoas5vm said:
C.J. Prosise
Nick Vannett
Rees Odhiambo
Tyler Lockett
Terry Poole
Mark Glowinski
Cassius Marsh
Kevin Norwood
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Jordan Hill
Chris Harper

4 years seems like quite an arbitrary number for a very very obvious reason. Selection bias.

Latest posts