John Abraham? speculation

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
We have about 4.5m cap space left as far as I can figure. Realistically that is about 1m short of what Abraham should command (based on recent Freeney and ume deals)

With Avril hurt do you think the seahawks go for it?

Abrahams was my top free agent pick. That he is still availabke seems very strange to me.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I think not.

The Hawks need that cap space for more urgent matters and/or resigning RFAs and UFAs whose contracts end after this year... like Tate, Baldwin, Browner, Robinson, McQuistan, Breno and McCoy (?).

Avril has time to heel. I don't see Pete and John going for Abraham.

The Radish

Reaction score
Time to heel,,,,,I love it.

The team successfully treated Grant Wistrom when he had that maladay and I'm sure they can get Avril in shape to run prior to training camp.

:les:

A

Anonymous

onanygivensunday":2m54i6s5 said:
I think not.

The Hawks need that cap space for more urgent matters and/or resigning RFAs and UFAs whose contracts end after this year... like Tate, Baldwin, Browner, Robinson, McQuistan, Breno and McCoy (?).

Avril has time to heel. I don't see Pete and John going for Abraham.

Yes, he has time to heel, in order to be able to "plantar" on that fascia.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
No need. We can absorb it for a while. This team has good depth on the D Line which we have not had in a long time

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sounds like a panic move. It's May. I think Avril will be fine. He has the luxury of being able to stay off his foot for as long as it takes to recover.

Basis4day

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2wh06zyz said:
Sounds like a panic move. It's May. I think Avril will be fine. He has the luxury of being able to stay off his foot for as long as it takes to recover.

Agree. It's close to a full season's worth of time before the first game of 2013. It's football. Injuries happen. Even the healthy players are hurt. It's a relative matter.