Jim Zorn comments on Super Bowl XL*

Rainger

Reaction score
They weren't ERRORS. It was all a set up with gambling money, Bettis in Detroit, Coach retiring with no SB's , owner of Sealers an ambassador. There was big money on this game by the officials. They knew what they were calling. Anyone who thinks officials are 100 percent honest and only make errors is delusional.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I'm late to this thread, but just wanted to say, that clinches it (not that any of us needed any further convincing): XL is truly asterisk-able. Should be noted in Wikipedia entries discussing Super Bowls and even on NFL.com.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Also..

There are bad calls and there are outright comical calls. Although (more than likely), not being one of the more integral bad calls affecting the game, the Hasselbeck illegal low "block" call whilst tackling the ball carrier has to be one of the most laughable calls in NFL history. Pre-Season, Regular Season, or Playoffs...

The fact that officiating a Super Bowl is supposedly based on a meritocracy makes it even more bewildering. I am more likely to solve the Riemann hypothesis than to understand how this call could have possibly been made.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Yep, every one of Pissburgh's TD that game there was a blantant missed call. There used to be a website with some great pictures about that game and how piss poor the officiating was.

This might be 7 years too late, and I don’t care enough to vet it but for some reason “Kissing Suzy Kolber” or “Tugging on Superman’s Cape” come to mind for me for the website you’re talking about. Although I’m 50/50 that the ladder was about the Simultaneous Catch aka (Fail Mary).