Jerry Jones must be smoking PCP

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Jerry Jones the owner loves the job that Jerry Jones the general manager is doing.

"The facts are that I really do think the way things have rolled out that I'm getting to do some of the best work that I've done, relatively speaking in my career of these last several years," :204070:

Say wut? It's either PCP or he's smoking cow pies from the pasture. A ii'l message for Jerrah, the only reason you ever had any success was because of Jimmy Johnson fool! You've been riding your ego for a long time now and have been sticking it to Cowboys fans who are foolish enough to follow your team. :229031_banghead:

Bwahahahaha!! Of course it may be that Tom Landry has come back to haunt him for the shitty way he was treated. I'm sure Landry's family, friends and fans have been getting a big kick out of watching Jerk-Off Jones self-inflicted wounds over the years. And of course Redskins, Eagles and Giants fans are loving it! :stirthepot:

I wish we were in the NFC East, it would be such a joy to see Tony Romo cry at Centurylink field annually. But hey, we already have Harbaugh, a team with Carson "Mr Interception" Palmer and a laughable Rams fan base in our division so it just wouldn't be fair for us to have all the fun! :thirishdrinkers:

Can you imagine being a Giants fan and watching that train wreck team year after year, then laugh mirthlessly as Daniel Snyder pisses away his franchise salary cap on deadbeats like Albert Haynesworth and hamstrings his team by trading away all of their draft capital for an injury-prone QB who holds endless press conferences? LOL! Shanny will use up RGIII's health until he's just RG zero point two five then ride off in to retirement with his millions. :192215:

Then there's the Philadelphia Eagles who's fans curse at Santa Claus and their management fires one of the best coaches to ever grace their franchise! The only thing better for Giants fans is the their cross town rivals drafted Mark Sanchez only to follow that up by draft Geno Smith who throws more picks that attempts...wait, is that possible? Hahaha! Buttfumble! :eek:hwell2: :moon.:

NFL owners have to be some of the biggest turds on the face of this planet. Thank you Pat Bowlen for hiring Josh McDaniels who spent your first round pick on Tim Tebow and traded another 1st round pick to us so you could draft a player that would bomb out of the league immediately! I thank you! Seahawks fans everywhere thank you! John Schneider thanks you! And last but not least, but instead the most, Earl Thomas thanks you! :229031_cheers:

How did these idiots get rich enough to own football teams? Thank heaven for Paul Allen! A truly wise and philanthropic billionaire who is adored by Seahawk fans everywhere! :bow:

Throwdown

Reaction score
Am I the only one that looks at that Cowboys team as the definition of a soft football team?

kearly

Reaction score
I actually like the guy, but I love how he says something like this less than a year after he said that he'd fire himself based on the job he's done.

I think Jones is actually a pretty good GM (90s Cowboys, plucked Tony Romo out of nowhere, mostly smart FA signings, his success in the first round is as good as anyone's), but it seems like ever since Bill Parcells, he's been hiring "yes men" head coaches that will do as they're told instead of guys that can actually compete for championships. You wonder if he'd been able to keep Sean Peyton in house how different the storyline for Jerry Jones might be right now.

I imagine he'll be looking for a new HC in about 6 weeks. He needs to put his ego aside and make that hire count. Because even Al Davis was once a genius, and we saw how his story ended.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kearly":rbrotcvz said:
I actually like the guy, but I love how he says something like this less than a year after he said that he'd fire himself based on the job he's done.

I think Jones is actually a pretty good GM (90s Cowboys, plucked Tony Romo out of nowhere, mostly smart FA signings, his success in the first round is as good as anyone's), but it seems like ever since Bill Parcells, he's been hiring "yes men" head coaches that will do as they're told instead of guys that can actually compete for championships. You wonder if he'd been able to keep Sean Peyton in house how different the storyline for Jerry Jones might be right now.

I imagine he'll be looking for a new HC in about 6 weeks. He needs to put his ego aside and make that hire count. Because even Al Davis was once a genius, and we saw how his story ended.
I have to respectfully disagree with the good GM part. His team has won a whopping 1 playoff game since 1997, ONE. Any GM that has that record of failure that isn't the owner would be fired.

Shoot, the Seattle Mariners (one of the worst run franchises in all of pro sports) have had a ton more success in that time frame.

On Tony Romo he either got lucky or unlucky, depending if you value fantasy league stats or choking in the playoffs more.

Jerry's problem is his massive ego, and I don't see that changing. The one time he pushed it away for a bit (see the Jimmy Johnson years) they had some great success.

Like I tell the loud mouthed cow patties fan at work, "I hope Jerry Jones lives to the ripe old age of 200, and is running the Dallas cowboys org every second he's alive, because if he's running the show, the best they'll be is a mediocre team.

I'd be pissed if he was running the Hawks, it's bad enough his twin clones are running the mariners (see Lincoln and Armstrong). I love baseball and Safeco field but the M's won't get another dime from me until the 2 above mentioned clowns are gone.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
LOVE your post and you pretty much covered it all ivotuk. The only thing you left out was just what an incredible choke artist Tony Romo actually is......the number one choker I've ever seen in pro sports, and I've been a sports nut since 1964. And Jerruh just re-upped the dude for many, many millions. Nice Jerruh. Way to guarantee mediocrity for another 7-10 years.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So the real question....should we want Dal...I just cant finish the word..win or the other team win??
Your thoughts.
:thirishdrinkers:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2twjr9kf said:
LOVE your post and you pretty much covered it all ivotuk. The only thing you left out was just what an incredible choke artist Tony Romo actually is......the number one choker I've ever seen in pro sports, and I've been a sports nut since 1964. And Jerruh just re-upped the dude for many, many millions. Nice Jerruh. Way to guarantee mediocrity for another 7-10 years.
Romo is not even on the top five list of things wrong with the Dallas Cowboys.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":12glrv9g said:
So the real question....should we want Dal...I just cant finish the word..win or the other team win??
Your thoughts.
:thirishdrinkers:
I would prefer Dallas win given it would toast the Giants and keep them on schedule to beat Philadelphia again thereby limping into the playoffs having to either deal with Carolina or NOLA.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3fuazfls said:
hawksfansinceday1":3fuazfls said:
Romo is not even on the top five list of things wrong with the Dallas Cowboys.
You are not wrong......but neither am I. If Jerruh fixes the other stuff (unlikely, he is Jerruh after all), Romo will still choke at the most inopprtune time (as in when the team needs him most to advance to the playoffs, or to the next round or to the Super Bowl..<yeah right>).

kearly

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36rurfxa said:
I have to respectfully disagree with the good GM part. His team has won a whopping 1 playoff game since 1997, ONE. Any GM that has that record of failure that isn't the owner would be fired.

The Cowboys have a special gift for losing heartbreakers, which is where that stat comes from.

I'm not saying the Cowboys are great. But over the last 10 years, they are probably among the 10 winningest teams. It's just that those wins keep coming 8 or 9 at a time.

I think the Cowboys are a good example of a team that is less than the sum of their parts. Very efficient QB, HoF pass rusher, maybe the game's best LT right now, a true #1 WR, a very good TE, a RB with awesome physical talent, and some nice individual pieces on the rest of their defense.

My theory is coaching. Jones seems to be prone to hiring reputation guys and yes-men. He hired an ancient Monte Kiffin a few weeks after Kiffin had put the finishing touches on turning the Pac-12's most talented defense into one of it's worst. Seeing that Dallas defense give up 600 yards, I couldn't help but think "of course they would."