Dre'Mont Jones

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Statline for their big free agent acquisition Dre'Mont Jones reads as: 2 tackles. That's it. Two tackles.

Since my local Fox station is having a contract spat with Comcast and I'm too stupid and lazy to watch the game via other methods, I didn't get a chance to watch every snap.

For those of you that did watch the game, how did he do? Was he disruptive at all? Or was it a disappearing act in week 1 for Jones?

hawker84

Reaction score
I'll say it again it was a terrible decision to pass on Carter. You see what a force like Donald can do for your line. He was double teamed all game and still made plays, and on top of that freed up his edge rushers. But ya let's skip over a generational talent and draft a corner and reciever that we didn't need 1 and 2. Nice work Pete. 👌👏👏

seabowl

Reaction score
To be fair, he only had one tackle in his debut. But... he also had a sack.
And he played minimal snaps and still made a difference. Also collapsed the pocket several times while being double teamed on most plays. I know the attitude was the issue, but physically speaking this guy is an absolute monster and would’ve been the perfect fit for the middle of our defensive line

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
I'll say it again it was a terrible decision to pass on Carter. You see what a force like Donald can do for your line. He was double teamed all game and still made plays, and on top of that freed up his edge rushers. But ya let's skip over a generational talent and draft a corner and reciever that we didn't need 1 and 2. Nice work Pete. 👌👏👏
I was good with JSN. He’s going to work for us.

Spoon may end up being a great decision as well.

But….Carter, in his debut, was incredible. Folks calling out stats need to include QB pressures (that thing we have zero of).

Also, we churn through RBs but perhaps we should’ve focused on DI.

Way too early to tell…..but you can smell it in the air.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Statline for their big free agent acquisition Dre'Mont Jones reads as: 2 tackles. That's it. Two tackles.

Since my local Fox station is having a contract spat with Comcast and I'm too stupid and lazy to watch the game via other methods, I didn't get a chance to watch every snap.

For those of you that did watch the game, how did he do? Was he disruptive at all? Or was it a disappearing act in week 1 for Jones?
He was invisible. I don't recall his name being called once in the game. Nwosu on the other hand is a beast.

GemCity

Reaction score
There's still a reason, or several reasons that he fell to 9. Time will tell. I get why people would be mad about passing on Carter. But it's one game.
I agree. And Spoon may turn out to be a lock down, hard hitting DB.

Water under the bridge but, the smell of buyers remorse will remain in the air if Carter continues to do, and improve upon, what he’s showing now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It goes with the territory. A team passes on a guy, said guys does well. Of course, people are going to be pi**sed. I get it, but Spoon didn't even play. Can't really compare the two until he actually plays. Also, F Jalen Carter, he's not a Hawk, so I don't give a rats a** about him.

GemCity

Reaction score
It goes with the territory. A team passes on a guy, said guys does well. Of course, people are going to be pi**sed. I get it, but Spoon didn't even play. Can't really compare the two until he actually plays. Also, F Jalen Carter, he's not a Hawk, so I don't give a rats a** about him.
True. There’s no mulligans with the draft.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

I was SO disappointed.

Been waiting since his signing to see him in action.

Dude had some nice effort on a few plays - but other than that MIA.

Disappointed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
ONE game. Still a lot to be seen before we just decide some dude is a bust and/or waste of a signing, trade, draft pick etc.

morgulon1

Reaction score

I thought he was kind of a face in the crowd. Didn't really make a difference.