Dre'Mont Jones

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I was good with JSN. He’s going to work for us.

Spoon may end up being a great decision as well.

But….Carter, in his debut, was incredible. Folks calling out stats need to include QB pressures (that thing we have zero of).

Also, we churn through RBs but perhaps we should’ve focused on DI.

Way too early to tell…..but you can smell it in the air.
I now think, Pete and John are very impressionable to eye candy..eyes light up like a 5 year oles when they see glitter and shine.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Seahawks performance was one of the worst pass rush performances I've seen in a long time. The eyeball test is born out by a ~5% pass rush win rate, which I read was one of the worst in the past 4-5 years.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Upon further game review, Jones was doubled a lot, so the lack of pressure wasn't all on him.
Thank you. Like I said in my first post I just simply didn't get to see every snap I just went off highlights and stats.

It's unfortunate that the other guys couldn't find a way to get to Stafford. That tells me, the armchair analyst, that they (Hurtt) simply weren't creative with their pass rush, therefore not effective. They need to do some more stunts and blitzes to give Jones those 1 v 1 opportunities. The other guys around Jones need to step up *cough D Taylor, Mafe, Nwosu*

And in the back end, they can't just sit back in soft zone all game. Press those receivers, man up and disrupt their timing. This is basic football 101 that Clint Hurtt seems to fail at recognizing in game. How unfortunate he's on our side.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I now think, Pete and John are very impressionable to eye candy..eyes light up like a 5 year oles when they see glitter and shine.
So true, look no further than Adams, Harvin and Jimmy Graham. I'm afraid it's also hindered the draft in keeping the lines well stocked.
There's no Coup de Ville sitting at the bottom of a cracker jack box.

Scout

Reaction score
Desai seems to have a better feel as a coordinator than Hurtt so far. Granted Desai has a talented Eagles defensive front to work with but they were all over Cousins in the Thursday night game against the Vikes.. This is because Cousins will make mistakes under pressure.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I will never regret us not drafting Carter. At the time, with the information we had (which wasn't good), the wise decision was to pass on Carter. Now, I have no problem debating the Witherspoon pick if he doesn't do well, but not passing on Carter. It was the right thing to do at 5.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I will never regret us not drafting Carter. At the time, with the information we had (which wasn't good), the wise decision was to pass on Carter. Now, I have no problem debating the Witherspoon pick if he doesn't do well, but not passing on Carter. It was the right thing to do at 5.
Jail'n Carter - He literally took part in killing people & lied about it.
Nope, stats or not, I don't want that character on my team.

Dre Jones - He has not made a good first impression just yet.
What was his only stat in week one, a penalty?

Hopefully another week changes things.
I'll be interested in noting which Hawk D-lineman appears to get the most double teams in week two.

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
Jail'n Carter - He literally took part in killing people & lied about it.
Nope, stats or not, I don't want that character on my team.
That's not true. He wasn't involved in killing anyone, nor did he lie about it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
My sentiments exactly.

There were just too many red flags to ignore or rationalize, both football and non football related. I don't blame our brain trust a bit for passing on him. It's the type of draft selection that gets GM's and HC's fired if it doesn't work out. The Eagles are coming off a SB appearance, so they can afford the PR hit if Carter busts.