Jermichael Finley to visit Seahawks

Largent80

Reaction score
A pass catching, non blocking TE with career threatening injury?

I am not interested.

Unless he is practically free, and if he is willing to give up his body for the good of the team then yes.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Largent80":3gubwx79 said:

I am not interested.

Unless he is practically free, and if he is willing to give up his body for the good of the team then yes.

They are going to line him up at WR/Slot majority of the time a la Graham. Consider us caring one less WR and one more TE...AKA Brian walters or Lockette's spot.

suppaball

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":37flxxhh said:
Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Seahawks are waiting for Finely to gain full medical clearance from his neck surgery before signing him. Finley hasn't scheduled any other visits, and it's possible his Seattle signing is a formality upon getting the green light health-wise

So if he is medically cleared, WELCOME TO SEATTLE!!
That news needs to come in now

mjwhitay

Reaction score
He's actually improved tremendously in the blocking department. He was about to break out pretty big when he got hurt last year.

If you don't want to take a shot on a unique physical talent like this, I can't help you and you're going to continue dislike many of the guys Pete and John bring in here.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Largent80":223ww20j said:
The guy has a cervical spinal problem, and is going to be getting HIT, does that compute?

But isn't that why he's waiting for medical clearance? The doctors are going to be saying his neck/spine are healthy and strong enough for him to take hits at the NFL level.

If he's not strong enough to take those hits, they won't clear him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The argument against Finley is baffling to me. We are going to sign him for next to nothing and the guy is literally a top 5 difference maker at a position where we havent gotten much production. There is literally ZERO risk in signing him and the upside is huge. I need to play fantasy football with some of you guys. :)

Sac

Reaction score
Largent80":mptfncot said:
The guy has a cervical spinal problem, and is going to be getting HIT, does that compute?

He has a cervix on his spine? That explains the dropsies when he hears footsteps.

King Dog

Reaction score
Largent80":2u49o21k said:
Sure that computes. Know what else computes? The FO brought him in for a look. It sounds like if he gets medically cleared, they want to get a deal done.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Largent80":369nx4vj said:

I am not interested.

Just think of him as a 6'5 WR. That's how I figure he will be used. A more athletic Mike Williams, basically.

checkdanews

Reaction score
Pete, and John have earned not to be questioned, do you honestly think you know better then they do? I am sure they have gone through every conceivable scenario, visualized every conceivable scenario, and are basing there decision off statistics, facts, and so many other things we probably have no idea about...If they want Huckleberry, Then I want Huckleberry.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Largent80":24p0mgve said:

Remember how Manning had 4 neck surgeries and everyone was speculating that the first time he took a hit, he'd be done?

Yeah.

Medical clearance is medical clearance. If Finley doesn't get it, he doesn't get signed. If he does, then your computation doesn't matter.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
The only thing that concerns me about Finely is his hands--as in his actual production on the football field. The medical stuff will either be cleared by the doctors or it won't. And the Hawks aren't going to miss out on a buy-low deal. Pete and John just don't do that. If he's healthy and holds onto the ball, he's a weapon.

Bring Miller, Finely, Willson and McCoy to camp and let them battle it out. Sounds like a great group to pick from.

Largent80

Reaction score
King Dog":33nqva76 said:
Largent80":33nqva76 said:
Sure that computes. Know what else computes? The FO brought him in for a look. It sounds like if he gets medically cleared, they want to get a deal done.

Yes the front office is the master cylinder and never makes a wrong move. :roll: And, they are not beyond being questioned. Many of the draft picks they made last year were on IR before the season began, and some before pre season. They are not God, or Gawd.

Go get yourself a king dog.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Largent80":3jr0d0cp said:
King Dog":3jr0d0cp said:
Largent80":3jr0d0cp said:

Yes the front office is the master cylinder and never makes a wrong move. :roll: And, they are not beyond being questioned. Many of the draft picks they made last year were on IR before the season began, and some before pre season. They are not God, or Gawd.

Go get yourself a king dog.

:1: :177692:

Largent80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3st568v1 said:
Well, they are still the best in football.

Yes they are, but they make mistakes. They ARE human. So I guess I am the only one here that is not scared to jump onto the Finley bandwagon. Color me curious/concerned. The way our O-line blocks, TE needs to block. If we need a WR, then get one, not a TE that has a spinal injury to be a WR.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
0 risk to bringing in Finley.

the only real impact it has is if he gets hurt and never plays again and we let zach miller go because of the roster spot. Event hat is a risk you HAVE TO TAKE when you are a team with lots of big contracts to be handing out soon.

Like I said earlier in this thread, if finley signs and plays to his potential it'll be the best cheap contract we've ever seen because his ceiling is pretty damn high.