Jeebus Bijan! trade down 10/15 and draft him!

olyfan63

Reaction score
What do you think about Gibbs? He looks like Kamara
Ooh, just saw his tape. I like him! Jahmyr Gibbs seems like a K9 with better pass-catching game, and I totally see the Kamara comparison! Kamara has certain shredded the Hawks... What I saw (wishful thinking?) watching Gibbs was a high-volume All-Pro slot receiver/RB hybrid, like what Pete *wanted* from Percy Harvin but never really got. We saw Golden Tate at WR make plays like a RB, and we've seen RB/WR hybrid Deebo Samuel destroy us as well, maybe Gibbs could be his own version of a league-destroying RB/WR hybrid. If K9 went down,

I could see Gibbs being the feature back for a few games, but we better have a bruiser back along with him; we still need to get one of those bruisers in any case. In any case, Waldron could make excellent creative use of Gibbs.

Overall, I'd prefer Bijian because he fits Pete's physical brand of football best, IMO, and physicality is an important element of how Pete Carroll wants to play.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Aaron Curry was also the "best and safest" player in his draft. No one can be the best and safest pick until they prove it on the field.
Okay, I personally, think, position wise and “ready” Robinson, is a plug and play guy immediately.

Everyone else in this draft, I have some doubts with, I think Robinson, is the best overall player in this draft.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Ooh, just saw his tape. I like him! Jahmyr Gibbs seems like a K9 with better pass-catching game, and I totally see the Kamara comparison! Kamara has certain shredded the Hawks... What I saw (wishful thinking?) watching Gibbs was a high-volume All-Pro slot receiver/RB hybrid, like what Pete *wanted* from Percy Harvin but never really got. We saw Golden Tate at WR make plays like a RB, and we've seen RB/WR hybrid Deebo Samuel destroy us as well, maybe Gibbs could be his own version of a league-destroying RB/WR hybrid. If K9 went down,

I could see Gibbs being the feature back for a few games, but we better have a bruiser back along with him; we still need to get one of those bruisers in any case. In any case, Waldron could make excellent creative use of Gibbs.

Overall, I'd prefer Bijian because he fits Pete's physical brand of football best, IMO, and physicality is an important element of how Pete Carroll wants to play.
I like Gibbs but I think he may not last 17 games. If he added 15 pounds more and blocks, he could be a great one two punch for the Seahawks.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Wouldn’t Walker and Bijan be a bit redundant?

Usually when you have two backs they both bring something different. What does Robinson do that’s different than Walker? Cuz to me they’re the same back.
Strongly disagree... Yes, there is overlap, but Bijian is more of a power back than K9. On inside runs he'll blow thru a bunch of arm tackles and defenders will bounce off him instead of bringing him down. Walker is smaller and lighter and much more easily brought down. Bijian is a much better short-yardage bet. I believe it was Alabama's Will Anderson Jr. who said that Bijian was THE toughest player he faced in college.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Aaron Curry was also the "best and safest" player in his draft. No one can be the best and safest pick until they prove it on the field.
I also wanted Brian Orakpo over Aaron Curry.

If you’ve seen Brian Orakpo college film at Texas, man, Orakpo, was a monster!

Ozzy

Reaction score

Thanks for your thoughts and I agree. I prefer Bijian because he's just a complete player and a monster. Good stuff!

WarHawks

Reaction score
Wouldn’t Walker and Bijan be a bit redundant?

Usually when you have two backs they both bring something different. What does Robinson do that’s different than Walker? Cuz to me they’re the same back.
This. Draft a big bruiser downhill RB later on to complement Walker's game.

Rat

Reaction score
I think he goes somewhere in the 8-10 range. I doubt we get him unless we pull the trigger at 5, which I hope we dont do, but I'd eventually get over it.

Vesuve

Reaction score
I think he goes somewhere in the 8-10 range. I doubt we get him unless we pull the trigger at 5, which I hope we dont do, but I'd eventually get over it.
Whoever takes him will be happy.

toffee

Reaction score
Strongly disagree... Yes, there is overlap, but Bijian is more of a power back than K9. On inside runs he'll blow thru a bunch of arm tackles and defenders will bounce off him instead of bringing him down. Walker is smaller and lighter and much more easily brought down. Bijian is a much better short-yardage bet. I believe it was Alabama's Will Anderson Jr. who said that Bijian was THE toughest player he faced in college.ft

If both of them are productive, we could get good return to trade one of them?

WarHawks

Reaction score
Walker's highlight reel looks very similar.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Walker's highlight reel looks very similar.
Can't argue, their 30+ yard TD runs where they read the defenders and make great cutbacks and turn on the jets and get to the house look similar--as in awesome. Walker III is surprisingly strong and hard to bring down once he gets moving. I was going to say this: "The difference (IMO) is that when you see a guy "bounce off" Robinson, it's just as likely to be a DT or LB as a DB, where with Walker III it's most likely a DB". However, I went back and re-watched Bijian's highlights and it was RARE that a DT or LB even got a hand on him, even on up-the-middle inside runs, much less bounced off him. So I can't honestly say that. That said, Bijian had some nice strong goal-line runs where he moved people, and my *opinion* is that he'll be a better short-yardage back in the NFL than Walker III.

A few other things about Bijian....
* IMO, he's both the "most instinctive" and "most intellectual" RB I can recall ever seeing, in terms of how he reads defenses and defenders, and seems to know where the holes are and where people will be playing. I bet this comes partly from hours of film study. I've noticed he even has a little thing where he high-steps about 10 yards out from the goal line to skip out of ankle tackles. He didn't have that as a freshman. Small thing, but shows he really works on his craft.

* Bijian is *remarkable* in the passing game, makes WR-level catches. Marshawn Lynch+, even Alvin Kamara type of production in the passing game. Even blocks well as a pass protector is the word.

* Character, work habits, teammate qualities--everything I've heard or read sings his praises.

The only thing that could stop Bijian from being an elite back in the NFL is injuries. If he's able to stay healthy, he's a top 5, maybe top 3 back in the NFL for the duration of his rookie contract. Starting in Year 1. Helluva ROI. I honestly wouldn't complain if the Hawks took him at #5, but would prefer we trade down and still get him. Marshawn Lynch vs. the Packers in 2014 Season NFCCG, that's the type of impact I see this guy having. Pre-ACL Curt Warner, helping the Hawks upset the Dolphins in the playoffs in the Orange Bowl, another good comp.

GemCity

Reaction score
I think Bijan is better (like…right now) than Walker and fits a big, prototype RB everyone loves to see in their offense. Definitely not knocking Walker…

But no team that has Walker in year two is going to spend what it will take to get Robinson.

We need another RB for sure but I don’t see us being lucky enough to grab Robinson.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Crazy balance, vision, power and elusiveness, can line up at wide receiver. Take him at 5.

James in PA

Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to Bijan at 5 *if* both Richardson and Carter are off the board. If I'm being honest, Bijan would probably excite me more than Will Anderson and certainly more than Tyree Wilson. People say there is a big drop off in edge rushers after those 2. I don't agree. I think you can still get a very good one at 20. But there IS a big drop off in RBs after Bijan.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Crazy balance, vision, power and elusiveness, can line up at wide receiver. Take him at 5.
I can't advocate for Robinson at 5, though I fully agree with the line-him-up-at-WR part. In my ideal world, we trade down to, say 9, take Jalen Carter or other difference-maker Front 7 player, then trade up from #20 to, maybe, #12 using draft capital from the trade-down, and snag Bijian at #12. THAT would be a great start to the Hawks draft.

I'm sure Pete and John have their player groupings, and maybe it's Bijian at 9 and Carter at 12, or Bijian at 9 and DT/DE at 12, because that's how their board rates players.