Jeebus Bijan! trade down 10/15 and draft him!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Geno will only have to throw the ball 25-25 times a game, much like our 2013/2014 teams did.

I mean, WHO does this at that weight? (In hindsight, I'd draft Marshawn Lynch at #5 overall, Pete said that the team's physicality fed off of Marshawn!)

AgentDib

Reaction score
I mean, WHO does this at that weight? (In hindsight, I'd draft Marshawn Lynch at #5 overall, Pete said that the team's physicality fed off of Marshawn!)
Not to beat a dead horse, but we know that Marshawn started 80+ games for us so drafting him at #5 is perfectly fine value if we are getting that many games out of him. We don't know (and can't) that Bijan will be that available, because most RBs aren't.

RBs after Lynch such as Rawls, Prosise, Carson, and Penny showed plenty of potential at times but couldn't stay on the field. It's not about picking the wrong RB but that RBs in general get banged up and so you're better off with a bunch of cheap ones then one expensive back who will still get hurt and then you're in trouble.

GemCity

Reaction score
I am beginning to think he won’t be there at 20..,which is crazy to say position wise.

If so, I’d love to see us grab him.

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score
I am begging to think he won’t be there at 20..,which is crazy to say position wise.

If so, I’d love to see us grab him.
Pretty sure Bijian Robinson will go in top 15, if not top 10. Hawks would need to package #20 and #37 to move up into the top 15 to have a shot at getting him. He's a game-changer, like Lynch, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Curt Warner (80's Seahawks RB, spelled with a C) yet many people here seem to think he's just another RB. If we trade down from #5 to say, #12, we could pick up a #40 or so that could still get us some IOL help or maybe some Front 7 help, along with the #12.

So, you heard it here first, all the Seahawks sound and fury about drafting a QB at #5 is really just preening for trade partners to get picks in place to draft Bijian Robinson in the #12-15 range and still get Front 7 and IOL help. Sorta kidding, but would love if it somehow played out that way.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
RBs after Lynch such as Rawls, Prosise, Carson, and Penny showed plenty of potential at times but couldn't stay on the field. It's not about picking the wrong RB but that RBs in general get banged up and so you're better off with a bunch of cheap ones then one expensive back who will still get hurt and then you're in trouble.
I think it depends on how you view the running back position and its importance to a team's offense. For a lot of teams, the RB is "plug and play" because the run game is secondary to their offense. For Seattle, it starts with the run game. It requires at least two starting ability guys on the roster. I get there's an analytical approach to filling the RB position, but like any other position the earlier you draft them the more talented they tend to be.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
If we draft a rb in the first round I will probably flip a lid. He may be amazing, but we are not in the position to do that. Too many holes to fill, and enough comparable talent at positions of need.
I just don't see the value.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
I don’t think he makes it past 10. I know Philly signed Penny. I think Bijan is their missing piece.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I'm thinking Cowboys are drooling over him.. perfect replacment for Elliot.. I think they take him if he goes that far.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm thinking Cowboys are drooling over him.. perfect replacment for Elliot.. I think they take him if he goes that far.
Yeah, Bijian is just THAT good... and ready to play at a high level in the pros NOW. Good in the passing game too.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but we know that Marshawn started 80+ games for us so drafting him at #5 is perfectly fine value if we are getting that many games out of him. We don't know (and can't) that Bijan will be that available, because most RBs aren't.

Further, as we saw with Penny, drafting a RB in the first round is a bad idea because any player drafted in the first round has his four-year rookie contract fully guaranteed.

getnasty

Reaction score
Who was the last great and I mean truly great running back to win a Superbowl? Marshawn Lynch is the answer, not saying running back isn't important but recent history of starting running backs to win a SB is.

Isaiah Pacheco
Cam Akers
Lenny Fournette
Daimen Williams
Sony Michael
Legarette Blount
Legarette Blount
CJ Anderson
Marahawn Lynch

Pretty underwhelming

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Who was the last great and I mean truly great running back to win a Superbowl? Marshawn Lynch is the answer, not saying running back isn't important but recent history of starting running backs to win a SB is.

Isaiah Pacheco
Cam Akers
Lenny Fournette
Daimen Williams
Sony Michael
Legarette Blount
Legarette Blount
CJ Anderson
Marahawn Lynch

Pretty underwhelming
That list is gross. I still want Bijan, just not at 5.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Bijan Robinson is the “best and safest” player in the draft.

Robinson, is a Day 1 starter for all teams that would draft him.

You are not worried about how he will fit on a team and you are not worried about scheme.

Robinson is better than most of the starting RBs last year in this league and is probably better than Kenneth Walker.

olyfan63

Reaction score

Isaiah Pacheco
Cam Akers
Lenny Fournette
Daimen Williams
Sony Michael
Legarette Blount
Legarette Blount
CJ Anderson
Marahawn Lynch

Pretty underwhelming
This snapshot can tell multiple different stories at the same time.

Story 1: Numerous elite, highly paid RBs of the past 10 years (as well as other eras) are not well-represented in Super Bowl champions. No Adrian Peterson, no Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, no Alvin Kamara, etc. Historically, Emmitt Smith and Marshall Faulk are the only Salary Cap Era counterexamples I can find.

Story 2: good running backs who alter the way a defense has to play are a key ingredient in getting to, and winning a Super Bowl. Besides Lynch, "Playoff Lenny" Fournette, Legarette Blount, and even Sony Michel had dominating performances and/or game changing plays on the way to getting a Lombardi. (Sony Michel had impressive 2018 playoff performances)

Story 3: While highly capable running backs are a huge asset in winning a Lombardi in the NFL Salary Cap era, "highly paid" running backs are not.

Story 4: The career paths of the running backs that played a pivotal role in Super Bowl wins are very checkered, and highly paid, high-drafted running backs are usually NOT an ingredient of Super Bowl winners. Most often, the big-time playoff and Super Bowl performances are NOT with the team that originally drafted them, with Sony Michel being the lone recent exception. CJ Anderson of the Broncos was an UDFA signing for them. LeGarrette Blount was an UDFA due to personal/behavioral issues. The Patriots have had amazing success with RBs picked up off the scrap heap, as well as mid-rounders like James White. The Seahawks acquired an unhappy and under-utilized Marshawn Lynch via trade. Also, many top RB performances in the playoffs and Super Bowl were by running backs who got their shot as the feature back simply because they were the most healthy and capable option available at playoff time.

Summary: Teams need to have at least one really good, but not necessarily elite, AVAILABLE running back to win playoff games and Super Bowls. Running backs get injured a lot, and more workload = more injuries. Teams need to either have multiple "really good" running backs or have "good luck" with RB injuries to have at least one "really good" RB available at playoff time.

Conclusion: The Seahawks absolutely should draft Bijian Robinson IF the draft board falls their way, despite already having the excellent WalkerIII. Robinson will be a better-than-really-good running back, and should provide 4 excellent years on a rookie contract that does not break the salary cap. His talent will be a playoff-game difference-maker. If Seahawks don't draft Bijian? They need to have a stroke of luck in a mid-late-round/UDFA pickup, or great luck with a a reclamation project off the scrap heap.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
This snapshot can tell multiple different stories at the same time.

Story 1: Numerous elite, highly paid RBs of the past 10 years (as well as other eras) are not well-represented in Super Bowl champions. No Adrian Peterson, no Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, no Alvin Kamara, etc. Historically, Emmitt Smith and Marshall Faulk are the only Salary Cap Era counterexamples I can find.

Story 2: good running backs who alter the way a defense has to play are a key ingredient in getting to, and winning a Super Bowl. Besides Lynch, "Playoff Lenny" Fournette, Legarette Blount, and even Sony Michel had dominating performances and/or game changing plays on the way to getting a Lombardi. (Sony Michel had impressive 2018 playoff performances)

Story 3: While highly capable running backs are a huge asset in winning a Lombardi in the NFL Salary Cap era, "highly paid" running backs are not.

Story 4: The career paths of the running backs that played a pivotal role in Super Bowl wins are very checkered, and highly paid, high-drafted running backs are usually NOT an ingredient of Super Bowl winners. Most often, the big-time playoff and Super Bowl performances are NOT with the team that originally drafted them, with Sony Michel being the lone recent exception. CJ Anderson of the Broncos was an UDFA signing for them. LeGarrette Blount was an UDFA due to personal/behavioral issues. The Patriots have had amazing success with RBs picked up off the scrap heap, as well as mid-rounders like James White. The Seahawks acquired an unhappy and under-utilized Marshawn Lynch via trade. Also, many top RB performances in the playoffs and Super Bowl were by running backs who got their shot as the feature back simply because they were the most healthy and capable option available at playoff time.

Summary: Teams need to have at least one really good, but not necessarily elite, AVAILABLE running back to win playoff games and Super Bowls. Running backs get injured a lot, and more workload = more injuries. Teams need to either have multiple "really good" running backs or have "good luck" with RB injuries to have at least one "really good" RB available at playoff time.

Conclusion: The Seahawks absolutely should draft Bijian Robinson IF the draft board falls their way, despite already having the excellent WalkerIII. Robinson will be a better-than-really-good running back, and should provide 4 excellent years on a rookie contract that does not break the salary cap. His talent will be a playoff-game difference-maker. If Seahawks don't draft Bijian? They need to have a stroke of luck in a mid-late-round/UDFA pickup, or great luck with a a reclamation project off the scrap heap.
I’d like to add, even though those RBs were elite and their respective teams never won a ring, it was pretty much because, the only thing they had was a RB.

A great RB on an overall solid team, can go far in playoffs.

I’d still rather have a great RB on a team with nothing else than not have a good RB on a team with nothing else either.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Wouldn’t Walker and Bijan be a bit redundant?

Usually when you have two backs they both bring something different. What does Robinson do that’s different than Walker? Cuz to me they’re the same back.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Bijan Robinson is the “best and safest” player in the draft.

Robinson, is a Day 1 starter for all teams that would draft him.

You are not worried about how he will fit on a team and you are not worried about scheme.

Robinson is better than most of the starting RBs last year in this league and is probably better than Kenneth Walker.
Aaron Curry was also the "best and safest" player in his draft. No one can be the best and safest pick until they prove it on the field.