Jay Glazer: Colin Kaepernick on an island in the locker room

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Glazer started the rumors with harbs losing the locker room.
If he were one and the same source, glazier should admit it or at leSt be asked that question

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2a844eva said:
He looked like a broken man on Thursday.

^ This...Its kinda sad, after the game on Thursday Kap had the same look that Harbaugh had on his face after his last game at Levi's last year . I kinda think Kap will be gone after this season, someone has to be scapegoat for this losing season for the Niners.

NINEster

Reaction score
Kap's supporting cast has dropped significantly more than the Seahawks since 2013.

I rewatched 49ers/Seahawks 2013 at SF recently and he didn't look any more polished than his best games this season. Big difference is he wasn't playing scared on any of his throws. His OL was a lot better too.

When you figure his run game was similar and vernon Davis did very little in that game, he's not as big a problem as everyone likes to make him out to be. Cam newton without his strong supporting cast this year would be struggling a lot too.

Russell Wilson looked better in that niner/Seahawk 2013 game too versus his average play this season. He had more weapons maybe but the niner D trade off was much better than he's seen lately.

The NFL is brutal to young QBs.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Are you still considered young in your 5th season with many starts under the belt?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
xgeoff":2eh6hmji said:
Anyone remember how Trent Dilfer gushed over Kaepernick in the opening game of the season? It was embarrassing in it's exuberance and now looking back it was stupid in it's prematurity.
Not as stupidly premature as when Jaworski predicted Kaep had a chance to be one of the greatest QBs in NFL history about two years ago.

He hasn't helped his own case for sympathy by the way he's presented himself publicly either.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
NINEster":11bfo1kj said:
Cam newton without his strong supporting cast this year would be struggling a lot too.

Everything else is alright, but this...ughh what? Dude's best receiver is Ted Ginn Jr :lol:

Rob12

Reaction score
I actually like Kap and think he's a good young man. It's a bit sad to me to see what he's become. I'd be happy if he went to an AFC team and had some success. But we'll always have his number.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Rob12":2qannx03 said:
I actually like Kap and think he's a good young man. It's a bit sad to me to see what he's become. I'd be happy if he went to an AFC team and had some success. But we'll always have his number.

I agree. Ever since about mid way through last year he seemed to realize taking the Harbaugh approach to the media wasn't working in his favor and seems to have tried to clean that up. He actually seems like a good guy in his interviews now and actually likable.

I actually do feel a little sorry for the guy. His world has to be crashing down around him right now. I bet he regrets taking that contract now.

OP
OP
ColinSackorpick

ColinSackorpick

Reaction score
According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, roughly four weeks ago the 49ers had a players-only meeting. One player called out Kaepernick during the meeting, triggering an exchange that Maiocco described as “heated.”

“In the days that followed, the individuals involved got together and cleared up their differences,” Maiocco reports, citing an unnamed source.

The problems still remain. As Jay Glazer of FOX reported Sunday, the team still believes Kaepernick has a high level of talent. However, “he’s struggling [with] confidence.” Glazer also said that Kaepernick “keeps to himself and is kind of on an island,” making it harder for teammates to help build his confidence.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er=ya5nbcs

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1yuios72 said:
Wilson's backup?

No way. I said it when he was in the draft and I'll say it again. I can't bring myself to root for him and his stupid face.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2krp763z said:
hawksfansinceday1":2krp763z said:
Wilson's backup?

No way. I said it when he was in the draft and I'll say it again. I can't bring myself to root for him and his stupid face.
Well he does seem to play fairly well when not facing the Seattle defense and as Russ' backup he would only have to do so in practice.

:stirthepot: