It should have been PI... says the Nfl

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":147ykgaa said:
Making the 17 head officials full-time NFL employees would be a good start.

This and how bout promoting some of the younger crews in college?

One of the glaring things I see when I watch NFL games is how freaking old these guys are. No one can convince me 60 year old dudes running after 25 year old NFL players that play as fast as these guys play and making split second decisions is the best the league can do.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Funny that hawk fans who were upset with the call at the time were somewhat blasted in here for not knowing the rules, complaining about nothing, being homers etc. etc.

Guess they had a right to be upset after all.

ivotuk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1o3fjpr5 said:

This right here...it would cut down on favoritism because the current referees have jobs in town that prefer one team or another. Imagine doing business in Pittsburgh after making a bad call that lost the Steelers the game...

RiverDog

Reaction score
The fact that the league has admitted to a mistake on the PI no call is completely irrelevant to the decision Pete made to go for it and to the play selection Bevell decided on. It's invoking 20/20 hindsight just as much if not more than any of our complaints about the two decisions our team had complete control over.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smellyman":3109q1cz said:
Bill Leavy should be banned from doing Hawk games
Bill Leavy and Crew shouldn't be allowed to officiate pee wee football much less NFL games based on XL* alone!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":350ivn3m said:
Smellyman":350ivn3m said:
Bill Leavy should be banned from doing Hawk games
Bill Leavy and Crew shouldn't be allowed to officiate pee wee football much less NFL games based on XL* alone!
:13:

kearly":350ivn3m said:
olyfan63":350ivn3m said:
Our coaching deserved the non-call for coming up with such a fragile play where so many things have to go right and nothing go wrong for it to work.

I'm in total agreement. There was plenty of stupid to go around on that play.
+2

ivotuk":350ivn3m said:
CodeWarrior":350ivn3m said:

This right here...it would cut down on favoritism because the current referees have jobs in town that prefer one team or another. Imagine doing business in Pittsburgh after making a bad call that lost the Steelers the game...
Oh, you mean like the Back Judge that called the Offensive PI on D-Jack in XL* ruining our first chance at momentum in that game? You know, the one that was BORN, RAISED and STILL LIVED, at that time anyway, in Pissburgh, PA?

Yeah, I'm guessing that's what you're talking about.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3ouqjrmo said:
Oh, you mean like the Back Judge that called the Offensive PI on D-Jack in XL* ruining our first chance at momentum in that game? You know, the one that was BORN, RAISED and STILL LIVED, at that time anyway, in Pissburgh, PA?

Yeah, I'm guessing that's what you're talking about.[/quote]

Is this true? Got some sources?

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":3amlgnaz said:
No review on the downed punt was even worse like come on review the friggin play

The downed punt was legit, much as I wanted to NOT be.

IIRC, Pete could have challenged this, and wisely chose not to. Probably got advice from upstairs that it was legit.

olyfan63

Reaction score
RunTheBall":wwx8cj49 said:
LOL all the self-hating Seahawks "fans" aren't responding now that the NFL said it's PI, it was a clear PI, it's not even debatable... you can't shove someone off their route when the ball is in midair.

Troll dude, why do you hate yourself?
Never mind, it's obvious, if I was a lame troll like you I'd hate myself too.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
olyfan63":7pxx1rb9 said:
hawksincebirth":7pxx1rb9 said:
No review on the downed punt was even worse like come on review the friggin play

IIRC, Pete could have challenged this, and wisely chose not to. Probably got advice from upstairs that it was legit.

Pretty sure Seattle was out of time outs and couldn't have challenged. Didn't matter though, like you said the correct call was made on th field.

Gametime

Reaction score
It should never have been in a position for the refs to decide.

Red
Zone
Efficiency

Can't settle for 3 and then blame the refs cause the scoreboard has you down. Period.

RiverDog

Reaction score
olyfan63":1agzpohw said:
hawksincebirth":1agzpohw said:

Although it was very close, there was absolutely no doubt about the downed punt, and it had multiple, completely unobstructed camera angles of which every one of them clearly showed a legal downing of the ball. Pete would have thrown away a very valuable timeout had he been stupid enough to challenge that play.

Besides, all it meant was a difference of 19 yards. It did not involve a turnover, a first down, or a huge swing in field position.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Its fine. The crying and sobbing would be unbearable if this was the Pats, the Packers, the Broncos or some other cry baby media darling team.. I'd rather take the loss this way than to listen to all that weeping.

Largent80

Reaction score
When these knuckleheads screw up a call that more than likely causes a loss and the NFL later says "were sorry, we were wrong" they should all be fired, every one of them. That sends a nice loud, clear message.

zhawk

Reaction score
I wish they would bring back the regular ref. these temporary refs are killing the game., :stirthepot:

captSE

Reaction score
I wanna see Bill Leavy do some twerking after he f+=&s the Hawks over. Maybe then that will be entertainment.