It should have been PI... says the Nfl

olyfan63

Reaction score
kearly":1tl7gv98 said:
Nice gesture by the NFL. And to the color commentator who defended the non-call... :34853_doh:

Our coaching deserved the non-call for coming up with such a fragile play where so many things have to go right and nothing go wrong for it to work. Add in the "It's a Bill Leavy crew" factor, and our coaching staff (Bevell) needs to expect that any defensive PI short of an outright tackle will be a no-call.

It was such a poorly designed and executed play that it deserved to get screwed over.

5'10" Baldwin on a fade, not his strength, is just stupid. Maybe now Bevell will take this out of the playbook or have it to a big-bodied target who
1) At 250-ish lbs, is big enough to not be massively redirected by a little shove
2) at 6'5"ish, is tall enough and long armed enough to allow some margin for error on the throw

It's a good thing this bonehead play-call and crappy non-call to sink it happened in KC. Maybe Bevell will think a little harder about dusting off other scoring approaches in future games. As someone in another thread pointed out, Baldwin's strength is quickness and cuts to get open, not an alley-oop fade. Other teams have a route where the receiver fakes a fade off a pick and then cuts back in front of the sticks. At least use Baldwin consistent with his strengths.

Also, we have had ZERO trick plays this season, it seems. I expected we'd dust off the playbook for KC, with a flea-flicker, halfback pass, or WR pass. Of course, Sidney, Golden, and MRob are no longer on the team, so maybe everyone else left sucks at throwing passes.

firebee

Reaction score
On a side note: I BLAME ROGER GOODELL... If he wasn't trying to emphasize a rule or create new rules every other week, the officials would just focus on the game and make the calls they see. Instead, they have to try keeping an eye out for some new wild hair up Roger's rectum, which leads them to missing a lot of blatant calls. That guy just needs to stay the hell away from the rules in the game and let the officials do their job without worrying about enforcing one of Goodell's new neurotic episodes.

kf3339

Reaction score
SonicHawk":9sctslw8 said:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/11/20/league-admits-missed-pass-interference-penalties-seahawks-chiefs/70035048/

All this means is that you can't allow the game to be so close that one or two blown calls can influence the result in a game. But we just don't for whatever reason have the type of team that can blow teams out, or at the very least keep at least a two or three score score lead in the 4th quarter.

PC doesn't coach that way.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
LOL all the self-hating Seahawks "fans" aren't responding now that the NFL said it's PI, it was a clear PI, it's not even debatable... you can't shove someone off their route when the ball is in midair.

McStain

Reaction score
They also missed two PI calls on back to back plays that should have been called on the 'Hawks IIRC which allowed us to receive a punt.

Sucks when it's such a pivotal call, but it seemed like the officiating sucked for both teams.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Mcstain if that is true why didn't the NFL admit it? They admitted they missed this one and one earlier in the game. Was yours on the goal line in the 4th quarter on 4th down? The Seahawks and the fans have a right to be pissed. You're two questionable non calls are not the same thing, not even close.

I actually thought the game was officiated fairly well for the most part. I would rather the refs let them play. But the non call on Baldwin was brutal at the worst possible moment. There is a difference.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
kf3339":2naa8f72 said:
SonicHawk":2naa8f72 said:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/11/20/league-admits-missed-pass-interference-penalties-seahawks-chiefs/70035048/

All this means is that you can't allow the game to be so close that one or two blown calls can influence the result in a game. But we just don't for whatever reason have the type of team that can blow teams out, or at the very least keep at least a two or three score score lead in the 4th quarter.

PC doesn't coach that way.

Exactly how many teams go into KC and get a 2 or 3 score lead with ease? Saying that by coaching this team a different way would ensure a huge lead, is kind of ridiculous.

It's the NFL, the league of parity. Games are close by design.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Can we get a shit call to go our way next week?

Cause that would be swell!

TCHawkfan

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3p5kipe9 said:
It happens to every team now and again. Yes, it's very unfortunate for us, but I'm not hung up on it like I am about how we've been playing and the sub par performances the team has been having. Bad calls happen, it's just a part of the game. We know that.

Many of the bad calls have directly led to the "sub par performances" the team has had. How many TDs and big plays have been called back this year? Better officiating would have spelled maybe 2 more wins this year and we'd have been talking a completely different scenario.

StoneCold

Reaction score
It illustrates to me that I have no idea what PI actually is. I've seen less contact called and more let slide. My cynical co-worker says it depends on who they bet on. I think it's a mess and makes these games that much more of a crapshoot. I think the game is just too fast and physical for anyone to make consistent calls. I guess the "it all evens out in the end" will have to do, but I wish the games could be called cleanly, but like I said I don't think that's realistic.

SC

Scottemojo

Reaction score
McStain":9dlq83pq said:
They also missed two PI calls on back to back plays that should have been called on the 'Hawks IIRC which allowed us to receive a punt.

Sucks when it's such a pivotal call, but it seemed like the officiating sucked for both teams.
You don't recall correctly. They missed back to back calls on the Hawks, and those were followed by a Charles fumble.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Typical Bill Leavy. He was so pissed when Sherman tackled Dez Bryant, thus preventing a touchdown, that he threw a flag on Sherman for "tripping."

Later the NFL admitted that it was a bad call.

I believe it was Leavy who told Hasselbeck during the 4th quarter of *XL "Relax, the game's over."

How does the NFL allow this? Is Leavy their go to guy when they want the results of a game influenced? He's obviously crooked and admitted it long after *XL.

Even Rapistberger admitted on Letterman that he didn't get across the line before he was down.

Everybody recognizes what's going on but the NFL allows this guy to remain a ref...Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. :34853_doh:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
No matter which team's message board I look on, the comments on refereeing are the same. Always negative. Fans think their team is getting screwed. Makes me think the NFL is doing pretty well as no one is happy.

Largent80

Reaction score
I have Sunday Ticket and only watch the Hawks.

I have lost my desire for NFL football. I used to watch every game, now I just can't, to me, with all the rule changes and these inept ridiculous jackasses and their calls have ruined the game.

kearly

Reaction score
olyfan63":32hesiec said:
Our coaching deserved the non-call for coming up with such a fragile play where so many things have to go right and nothing go wrong for it to work.

I'm in total agreement. There was plenty of stupid to go around on that play.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Making the 17 head officials full-time NFL employees would be a good start.