Isn't it ironic? (And my thoughts on the draft)

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
We were rumored to be interested in Desean Jackson and we end up drafting a player very much like him (Richardson). Then we are in the hunt for Jared Allen and we end up drafting a guy similar to him (Cassius Marsh). Overall I was surprised by the picks in this draft but I stopped doubting John and Pete long ago. They just seem to have a clear vision for a player and they know how to work them there. I feel that we took some real stand-up guys. Lets seem how many pro bowlers we get out of this draft.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you. When you think everything's okay and everything's going right.

dunceface

Reaction score
Iron-yyyyyyy
robot-devil.jpg

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's actually not ironic (which seems to be the most misused word in our language), but I know what you mean. Irony is when intent is incongruous with the end result.

Irony would be having interest in Desean Jackson, but not end up addressing the position in either free agency or the draft. A better example is one of the arguments for the advent of the automobile: to reduce pollution (at that time, horse shit in the streets was considered pollution).

/Lesson ;)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seahawks actually got a lot of players that are similar to players they were tied to in the past.

Paul Richardson is a DJack clone but P-Rich has some length where he can also contend balls in traffic as well as make some very difficult catches that we've seen Tate make.

Justin Britt is a Giacomini clone. Strong base, average upper body. Smart but tenacious.

Cassius Marsh at 250 reminded me of a white Cris Clemons, but they'll play him around 275 and like you said he's a poor man's Jared Allen plus Michael Bennett hybrid.

Kevin Norwood to me possesses a lot of the strengths we see in Sidney Rice just without that outstanding length and wingspan but Norwood does have above average length, wingspan, and big mitts.

Kevin Pierre Louis is a slightly taller, slightly bigger, and perhaps slighty more athletic Malcolm Smith.

I didn't understand the Jimmy Staten pick at first, but imo this could be a developmental pick... Staten has underwhelming tape but he has some things to like: functional strength, height + arm length, wide body, and he was a captain of his defense if not the captain. His tape reminds me of Red Bryant at DT in his first 2 years as a Seahawk. I think this is a pick where you see Dan Quinn work some of his magic. And maybe Staten could become Bryant 2.0 in a couple of years.

Eric Pinkins = Browner 2.0

And

Kiero Small while there isn't a team link comparison, he could be another Mike Tolbert in the making. A lot of Tolbert fans call him "the human bowling ball" as well and he plays at 5'9, 245. San Diego loved Tolbert and the Panthers do as well. Small's head coach Billy Bielema gave such high praise to Small and what he meant in the offense despite playing the FB position. The scout that was assigned to evaluate FB prospects chose Smalls over all FB prospects despite Smalls not being the most heralded or athletic of the bunch. I think that speaks highly Small's ability as a FB and to also be drafted with the last pick just showed how much the Seahawks wanted this guy. If Smalls can become another Tolbert then this pick is more than solid.

And since " human bowling ball" is already taken, I propose the Warthog (which goes a long with his Razorback background).

nanomoz

Reaction score
TheHawkster":1925jaw7 said:
Ironic....

Like Manning's "G.O.A.T." offense scoring 8 pts in the Super Bowl.

Nailed it.

mikeak

Reaction score
nanomoz":1b3caa8u said:
It's actually not ironic (which seems to be the most misused word in our language), but I know what you mean. Irony is when intent is incongruous with the end result.

Irony would be having interest in Desean Jackson, but not end up addressing the position in either free agency or the draft. A better example is one of the arguments for the advent of the automobile: to reduce pollution (at that time, horse shit in the streets was considered pollution).

/Lesson ;)

LOL - owned

So you are saying not irony but more like we followed a plan :)