Is Russell Wilson Fake?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Is he fake? Jeez I don't know... I'm still trying to find out if he is black enough. Have we answered that part yet?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1okxc7bb said:
vin.couve12":1okxc7bb said:
hawknation2016":1okxc7bb said:
You have called Russell an "attention whore," a "douche bag" and "a fake, annoying [pejorative for the female anatomy that can't be used on this board.]"

Without any evidence, you are assuming his motives for all the charity he does. And you judge him negatively for it.

IMO, Russell makes some people feel insecure about how little they contribute to society. That's why there are threads like this one trying to tear him down.

Tear him down? [emoji38]

Without any evidence? [emoji38]

Name calling, eh? I've also called him a very smart businessman, a great QB, and probably some other crap too, if you're counting negative vs positive or whatever.

I've stated that I don't think RW is a bad guy or even "sinister" as another person put it, but he certainly plays some strings. And, as I stated in another post, it's completely moot unless something strange happens for some crazy reason.

Even the word "brand" itself is telling. Its's not even his name. It's his brand. If he doesn't benefit someone else will. Like his shoes, for instance...makes a big difference after 250% ROI or whatever. Somebody's gonna do it and by being a very successful NFL QB, and Seahawks QB at that, he innately has customers. Followers even. Dude is going to be a big deal for a long time.

This is what we are becoming as a culture with the constant whining about everything, assuming motives, and turning positive contributions, like visiting sick children in the hospital, into something self-serving. There is nothing more annoying to me than do-nothing nihilists.
If that were true I'd probably "whine" about Lynch too. Didn't happen though. You just don't like my opinion and throw a desperate grenade that massively misses. I'm not whining about RW either though.

The interesting thing is that this hurts so many people's feelings regarding something that is NOT them that they need to throw a jab.

What was that part about whining? Seems there was a point there...

Sent from Tapatalk

hawknation2016

Reaction score
vin.couve12":19l1od2l said:
hawknation2016":19l1od2l said:
vin.couve12":19l1od2l said:
hawknation2016":19l1od2l said:
You have called Russell an "attention whore," a "douche bag" and "a fake, annoying [pejorative for the female anatomy that can't be used on this board.]"

Without any evidence, you are assuming his motives for all the charity he does. And you judge him negatively for it.

IMO, Russell makes some people feel insecure about how little they contribute to society. That's why there are threads like this one trying to tear him down.

Tear him down? [emoji38]

Without any evidence? [emoji38]

Name calling, eh? I've also called him a very smart businessman, a great QB, and probably some other crap too, if you're counting negative vs positive or whatever.

I've stated that I don't think RW is a bad guy or even "sinister" as another person put it, but he certainly plays some strings. And, as I stated in another post, it's completely moot unless something strange happens for some crazy reason.

Even the word "brand" itself is telling. Its's not even his name. It's his brand. If he doesn't benefit someone else will. Like his shoes, for instance...makes a big difference after 250% ROI or whatever. Somebody's gonna do it and by being a very successful NFL QB, and Seahawks QB at that, he innately has customers. Followers even. Dude is going to be a big deal for a long time.

This is what we are becoming as a culture with the constant whining about everything, assuming motives, and turning positive contributions, like visiting sick children in the hospital, into something self-serving. There is nothing more annoying to me than do-nothing nihilists.
If that were true I'd probably "whine" about Lynch too. Didn't happen though. You just don't like my opinion and throw a desperate grenade that massively misses. I'm not whining about RW either though.

The interesting thing is that this hurts so many people's feelings regarding something that is NOT them that they need to throw a jab.

What was that part about whining? Seems there was a point there...

Sent from Tapatalk

My point was about the people -- not just you -- who are willing to reach the worst conclusions about someone who is A) not hurting anyone and B) making a positive impact on a lot of people's lives.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion that this makes Russell an "attention whore," a "douche bag" and "a fake, annoying [pejorative for the female anatomy that can't be used on this board]." But I don't have to like it.

It seems to me that social media has engendered a very whiney culture where people don't seem to need any evidence to form irrational judgments. I personally find that annoying. I wish we lived in a less cynical society where people were commended, not criticized, for making the kind of contributions Russell makes.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
brimsalabim":u0v7aauu said:
Is he fake? Jeez I don't know... I'm still trying to find out if he is black enough. Have we answered that part yet?

let's just say he makes Wayne Brady look like Malcolm X

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vin.couve12":4c5nm5vl said:
We differ in opinion about what most of you think RW is vs my opinion of what is probable or even likely given some accounts, which again is more realistic than the proposed sainthood, but you can keep your weak arse personal attacks to yourself.

Sent from Tapatalk

I think the difference isn't in opinion, but perspective. You've chosen to select good deeds as a means of denigrating the person who performs them simply because those deeds are displayed for others to see.

And for some reason that makes sense to you.

I know in 2016 "contrarian" seems an ideal path to looking smart, especially on the internet. But in some cases it's quickly exposed as indulgence. I guess enjoy your success.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I'm not choosing to see it that way because of no other reason than RW. I didn't think that about Lynch and considering how other players continually said that Lynch was the unquestioned leader of the team instead of the typical QB...there's something to that.

This is about RW and his transparency. Nothing else.

Sent from Tapatalk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1a6i0usu said:
I'm not choosing to see it that way because of no other reason than RW. I didn't think that about Lynch and considering how other players continually said that Lynch was the unquestioned leader of the team instead of the typical QB...there's something to that.

Sent from Tapatalk

What does Lynch's assertion of leadership have to do with RW's volunteering with the community?

Honestly, that makes no sense. You're struggling right now.

253hawk

Reaction score
It's like arguing with a social justice warrior. You start bringing up valid points, they'll just deflect and move the goal posts.

Look at this big fat phony. The fakiest faker that ever faked.

16fdfr2

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":36256aua said:
vin.couve12":36256aua said:

Sent from Tapatalk

What does Lynch's assertion of leadership have to do with RW's volunteering with the community?

No, it's reasoning. You asserted that I'm just being a contrarian and I used Lynch as a retort. If I were just being a contrarian I might say something about Lynch as well, but I'm not.

You also missed on how I see his good deeds. There was an admission there somewhere that sincerity is a part of it. I generally don't see things in black and white...not even when it comes to the Seahawks and their star players. It's not all one thing or another.

Brand, money, Christianity, and I'm sure some sincerity all play a part.

In regards to me staying out of this thread, I'd be more than happy to do so if I didn't get pot shots directed at me for saying what I think about RW, which isn't harsh or contrarian or anything else. He's pretty damn smart in how he goes about things and he takes advantage. He SHOULD take advantage. As I stated previously, someone's going to do it. Might as well be him. The stage of an NFL QB is unlike any other.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3j33cy3c said:
Uncle Si":3j33cy3c said:
vin.couve12":3j33cy3c said:

Sent from Tapatalk

No, it's reasoning. You asserted that I'm just being a contrarian and I used Lynch as a retort. If I were just being a contrarian I might say something about Lynch as well, but I'm not.

You also missed on how I see his good deeds. There was an admission there somewhere that sincerity is a part of it. I generally don't see things in black and white...not even when it comes to the Seahawks and their star players. It's not all one thing or another.

I didn't miss it.. It's odd that you have to "admit that sincerity is a part of it" when its abundantly clear what it means to everyone around him. That's the absence of reason. You're admittedly ignoring or disregarding the clear impact he has on the people around him and debating his genuineness because you simply see more than "black and white." That's not some noble precept to seeing truth. Its an active campaign to find fault. Which is contrarian. You then accuse others of being too simple minded to see this "truth" that only you can see. Pat yourself on the back their friend. You believe yourself to have found fault in the actions of a person who is helping so many others through a pain that hopefully none of us have to know. Sort yourself out.

You've dug yourself quite a hole you can't find a way out of. It's silly and I'm surprised you keep digging.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I have had one interaction with Russell, it was the first day of training camp his rookie year. My Daughter who was 10 at the time, loves to get autographs of the players for her 12 flag. She has gotten some beauty's over the years TJ Duckett, Brandon Coutu, but I digress.

Anyway, Russ came to the fence, said "Hi beautiful, what's your name" he proceeded to ask her what she wanted to do in life, encouraged her to always try, to listen, to learn etc. I have seen a lot of players over the years, and how they have interacted with her. There was nothing fake about that moment, he is just a good man, and a fantastic role model. The only other two players that I felt that good about her meeting were Lofa, and Walter. Both were special as well.

If the man is fake, I wish more people were fake in life, and I strive daily to be 1/1000th as fake as Russell.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ps2ijpm said:
vin.couve12":1ps2ijpm said:
Uncle Si":1ps2ijpm said:
vin.couve12":1ps2ijpm said:

Sent from Tapatalk

I didn't miss it.. It's odd that you have to "admit that sincerity is a part of it" when its abundantly clear what it means to everyone around him. That's the absence of reason. You're admittedly ignoring or disregarding the clear impact he has on the people around him and debating his genuineness because you simply see more than "black and white." That's not some noble precept to seeing truth. Its an active campaign to find fault. Which is contrarian. You then accuse others of being too simple minded to see this "truth" that only you can see. Pat yourself on the back their friend. You believe yourself to have found fault in the actions of a person who is helping so many others through a pain that hopefully none of us have to know. Sort yourself out.

You've dug yourself quite a hole you can't find a way out of. It's silly and I'm surprised you keep digging.

There won't be any truth to be had here, Si. I think the only time I even went close to truth is how the Children's Hospital part affects the kids.

You simply don't like the notion that RW isn't completely wholesome. It's too much. There's no campaign, no contrarian, no sorting and certainly no holes to dig.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1bunkm4q said:
There won't be any truth to be had here, Si. I think the only time I even went close to truth is how the Children's Hospital part affects the kids.

You simply don't like the notion that RW isn't completely wholesome. It's too much. There's no campaign, no contrarian, no sorting and certainly no holes to dig.

Again, you're having a bad one. What I don't like are people simply filling shovels to dig their own holes. Which you've done masterfully. My opinion on RW hasn't been given. RW is not flawless as a human or QB. But suggesting his flaws lie in celebrating his good deeds for others to see is absurd. Do you have a problem with people who donate money and claim it on their taxes? Should i ask for my Explorer back from Kars4Kids because of your righteous indignation at my tax credit?

You keep up that defensive.. You're winning the internet today. Good on you.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1teyvg87 said:
vin.couve12":1teyvg87 said:

Again, you're having a bad one. What I don't like are people simply filling shovels to dig their own holes. Which you've done masterfully. My opinion on RW hasn't been given. RW is not flawless as a human or QB. But suggesting his flaws lie in celebrating his good deeds for others to see is absurd. Do you have a problem with people who donate money and claim it on their taxes? Should i ask for my Explorer back from Kars4Kids because of your righteous indignation at my tax credit?

The deeds and his advertising of it are one part of the topic, not the whole of the question asked and doesn't trump any one aspect of it. You are also free to do whatever on your taxes, of course.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vin.couve12":37oztppx said:
Uncle Si":37oztppx said:
vin.couve12":37oztppx said:

The deeds and his advertising of it are one part of the topic, not the whole of the question asked and doesn't trump any one aspect of it. You are also free to do whatever on your taxes, of course.

I really just wanted a reason to type "Kars4Kids" and hope that song infiltrates everyone's day.

I'm the anti-RW

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3fme0cxo said:
We differ in opinion about what most of you think RW is vs my opinion of what is probable or even likely given some accounts, which again is more realistic than the proposed sainthood, but you can keep your weak arse personal attacks to yourself.

Sent from Tapatalk

Yeah not even close we differ on a lot. Such as "my opinion of what is probable or even likely given some accounts, " Yeah sorry your opinion is your opinion but it is not likely or probable, given your obvious agenda. So give it a break. FYI none said sainthood, that was you trying to minimalize those us not agreeing with you. So like I said give it a break, in the end you have nothing to support your opinion and there is loads to say it is wrong.

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1dx86g9o said:

Sent from Tapatalk

yeah you are and it is obvious

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2fwajecq said:
Uncle Si":2fwajecq said:
vin.couve12":2fwajecq said:

again however 1 he does not advertise as you put it everything he does, and the advertising you are talking about is helping the hospital with donations, so again not really about him. and again your wrong.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2l9emql7 said:
I really just wanted a reason to type "Kars4Kids" and hope that song infiltrates everyone's day.

Man, I thought that mess was only Chicago-regional. That jingle is terrible. It makes me less sad for sick children.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2pqldvch said:
Uncle Si":2pqldvch said:

Man, I thought that mess was only Chicago-regional. That jingle is terrible. It makes me less sad for sick children.

It's a nation-wide epidemic...