Is nobody worried about Kam?

Largent80

Reaction score
This team is "next man up". We have a guy that has a few years in the system, is an EXCELLENT S.T. player and knows this system well. Have faith, and confidence.

hawk45

Reaction score
Definitely not good but the defensive secondary is a very good unit. With Jeron out there, they become a slightly worse, but still very good unit.

OL is the unit where injuries seem to be disastrous.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Most of our secondary backups would be starters on other teams in the NFL. It sucks, but injuries are going to happen at times.

A

Anonymous

Y'all know we are playing the Cowboys, at home, right?

"One player, the Seahawks does not make". - Yoda

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":ecsfuc9f said:
Yep. A 4-1 team that just so happens to be 2-0 on the road as well. They are not chump change and still a very good PROFESSIONAL team. This will not be the cake walk that many blind homers here think. Losing Kam just helps their chances. Washington was a bad team we beat on the road with 3 TDs taken away from us. We were lucky to have played those scrubs last week. This week is completely different. I am very nervous.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tical21":2vb2su2g said:
A little, but less than just about any other position. We've probably got the best backup SS in the league. We need Kam, but it shouldn't kill us to not have him for a short stretch.

This. Johnson doesn't have the phsyical intimidation of Kam, but he does everything else almost as good. He's assignment correct, has good hands, and plays well around the los.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm concerned about not having Kam if it ends up being a long term thing.

I hate the word "worry" though. Not sure how you can enjoy being a fan if you're going to get worried because someone might not play. Everyone needs to enjoy this team a little more rather than getting all worked up every time things aren't perfect. It's never that way in the NFL. Guys get hurt. Every year on every team. Trust in your coaching, your home field advantage, the guys that are on the field that aren't any worse just because a perfectly capable backup might have to step in and show what he can do. it's not like we are just going to play with 10 guys on defense now.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
This just in: Matt Kenseth starting Sunday for injured Seahawks strong safety Kam Chancellor. - Terry Blount via Twitter

Blount's such a kidder

Rob12

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1py8imfs said:
HoustonHawk82":1py8imfs said:
Yep. A 4-1 team that just so happens to be 2-0 on the road as well. They are not chump change and still a very good PROFESSIONAL team. This will not be the cake walk that many blind homers here think. Losing Kam just helps their chances. Washington was a bad team we beat on the road with 3 TDs taken away from us. We were lucky to have played those scrubs last week. This week is completely different. I am very nervous.

We're homers because we aren't nervous that our team, a team that has won 19 out of the past 23 games, is missing a key player on our defense? Of course not having Kam play will be a little unsettling. We're a better football team with him on the field. But we're not built like that, where one player can be the difference between a win and a loss.

Dallas is 4-1, and that looks great on paper. But let's look at who they have beat.

Texans
Rams (that vaulted offense put 31 on their heads)
Saints
Titans

Am I really supposed to be impressed? They got beat by the Niners by 11 at home. They have to come to our house. We might be missing one of our key defenders. If so, we have an immensely capable back up ready to step in.

28-13 Seahawks.

Sincerely,
Just another homer

Rob12

Reaction score
The teams Dallas has beat have a combined 7-13 record. The one team they have played with a winning record beat them at their house.

Color me unimpressed.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rob12":2ing0rlv said:
.........We're homers because we aren't nervous that our team, a team that has won 19 out of the past 23 games.....
They've also won 24 out of their last 29 going back to when they fell to 6-5 in the middle of the '12 season after the loss in Miami.

Won 5 straight to end regular season that year plus one in playoffs (Skins) before loss to Atlanta........(5-1)
Went 16-3 overall last year. (running total, 21-4)
3-1 to start this season. (24-5).

This is a damned good football team and has been for a while now. Am I concerned that we're losing a Pro Bowl SS? Of course. But this coaching staff will help JJ step up if necessary as will his teammates. Go Hawks!

A

Anonymous

Rob12":i4wsdv35 said:
Seahwkgal":i4wsdv35 said:
HoustonHawk82":i4wsdv35 said:

We're homers because we aren't nervous that our team, a team that has won 19 out of the past 23 games, is missing a key player on our defense? Of course not having Kam play will be a little unsettling. We're a better football team with him on the field. But we're not built like that, where one player can be the difference between a win and a loss.

Dallas is 4-1, and that looks great on paper. But let's look at who they have beat.

Texans
Rams (that vaulted offense put 31 on their heads)
Saints
Titans

Am I really supposed to be impressed? They got beat by the Niners by 11 at home. They have to come to our house. We might be missing one of our key defenders. If so, we have an immensely capable back up ready to step in.

28-13 Seahawks.

Sincerely,
Just another homer

Thank you.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kam is a big intimidation factor, and his absence means the Boys are going to be testing play action a lot more. Trying to iso Witten on his replacement. And running Murray where he would have been.

I still maintain that this game is more about our offense and how much they produce vs a Boys D that gives up lots of yards, but not many redzone touchdowns. I hope Schilling is a good sub for Unger.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Kam has not looked the same all year. its very very noticeable. we need to get him healthy ASAP.

sam1313

Reaction score
I couldn't believe that we left Kam in all game. I was screaming to take him out from the first time he let up before hitting Witten. I've never seen him get put on his back like I saw several times today either...