Is Colts D overrted?

scakfan

Reaction score
Their 3 wins came against teams with a combined win loss record of 3-9. To be fair though the Hawks wins are against 5-10 teams.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Yes. The defense has more holes than a Packers cheese head.

The Colts are a team that is driven by Luck. Minimize Luck, and the Colts are a very pedestrian team.

drdiags

Reaction score
Guess we will find out soon enough. They did go into San Fran and kept them in check. Maybe the 9ers were a little deflated coming off the previous loss but no excuses. I think they will be giving the Seahawks offense all they can handle. Hopefully the Colt's record of opponents after this week will not be 7-10 vs 8-9

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Colts D is going to look good Sunday. McQ and a rookie at the tackle spots. In a noisy indoor arena.

OP
OP
S

scakfan

Reaction score
They have only faced one tough D front in their wins compared to us having faced 3 tough ones in the like of the 9ers, Texans, and Panthers. And frankly, I think that 9ers were the softest of the 3.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
scakfan":rhn2b7qm said:
They have only faced one tough D front in their wins compared to us having faced 3 tough ones in the like of the 9ers, Texans, and Panthers. And frankly, I think that 9ers were the softest of the 3.
Well, that was not the question you posed in the OP. Our defense is not in question as being tough, theirs is. Also, if you think that Miami D front is weak, you need to look again.

drdiags

Reaction score
scakfan":19ez0wfw said:

Huh? What does them having faced 1 tough D have anything about their D being overrated? I don't remember any of their wins being blow-outs but I can be mistaken. So if you are saying their D was sitting on the sidelines kicking up their heels because their offense was dominating TOP, I guess that makes sense but otherwise I don't see your connection.

If you just want to say that the Seahawks are better, well I am not here to argue that.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This defense is good. Won't comment on the offense as that wasn't in the scope of the OP. But yes, this defensive front has talent and should be well motivated. I would expect they look even better than they are considering the state of our OL, the fact that we will be a marquee matchup for which they'll be amped to play and they'll be at home indoors.

Our offense needs to put a better result on the field this week.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Is their defense highly regarded now? I know they have really good defensive stats, but I'm not sure perception has caught up with those numbers. Probably for good reason. They gave up 20 to the RAIDERS and then 24 to Miami in a home loss. They held JAX to 3... but that's JAX.

They put up a great defensive effort against the Niners, but they had our prior week's tape/blueprint to work off of, and their OC/QB are super-familiar with Harbaugh and Roman's offense (which I'm sure helped in game planning + scout team work).

OP
OP
S

scakfan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":37pw4xek said:
scakfan":37pw4xek said:
Well, that was not the question you posed in the OP. Our defense is not in question as being tough, theirs is. Also, if you think that Miami D front is weak, you need to look again.

Offensive performance effects any teams D. So it is very relative as the longer the D is off the field the better stats can be. I was clearly talking about their 3 wins not their loss.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
scakfan":3asxznzw said:
Their 3 wins came against teams with a combined win loss record of 3-9. To be fair though the Hawks wins are against 5-10 teams.

I think those stats make more sense if you take out Colts and Hawks wins, so those teams are 3-6 and 5-6. I watched the game against the 49ers and they looked pretty impressive; though we had just broken them down completely and their receivers are pretty horrible save Boldin and Davis.

I'll judge them after they play our (currently) very average O.

That said... Russ to put up 3TD's and Lynch another. I'm looking for Baldwin in this match-up.

Latest posts