Is Bevell to blame for much of this teams discontent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":p3t2qx8g said:
nash72":p3t2qx8g said:
Siouxhawk":p3t2qx8g said:
nash72":p3t2qx8g said:
A lot of typing, but you never did answer the question Sioux. Do you feel any of the players feel animosity towards Bevell and is it problem causing? Simple question.
My belief is that there is no existence of the kind of locker room drama you are suggesting.

What exactly was Sherman pissed about again?
As I've responded numerous times, Sherm's tirade was prompted by passing from the 1 against the Rams because it gave him a flashback to 49. It was odd because we ended up scoring on a pass to Doug from that same spot 2 plays later anyway, but that isn't the point.

What is relevant is that was an isolated event. Sherm wasn't even engaging with Bevell initially, his beef was with Pete. But Bev stepped in to defend his coach and then words were exchanged.

But even in the aftermath when Sherm was talking more, he never ripped or had any animosity toward Bevell as a coach. Rather, his disgust centered on the the decision to pass from the 1. That's a relevant part of the discussion and one that ignorantly flies over the heads of fear mongers who want to turn it into an anti-Bevell or locker room schism spin.

So it was about Bevell and the play he called to lose SB49, but yet it wasnt about Bevell. Gotcha.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
nash72":1b5irhe2 said:
Siouxhawk":1b5irhe2 said:
nash72":1b5irhe2 said:
penihawk":1b5irhe2 said:
First off let me just say I'm not a huge fan of Bevell. However I am curious to those that can't get over the SB loss and constantly bitch about the play calling, what would you like to see with our offense? Who is the OC that we need to put in charge? In my eyes the biggest problem the last couple years has been injuries and execution. One of those is an act of god and the other is up to the players to preform. Thinkin it's a little more complex than Bevell sucks?

Personally, i'd like to see this season play out and then go all in for Josh McDaniels as our next head coach and go from there.
Yes, and you just disclosed to Si yesterday that you live on the East Coast and many of your posts indicate a deep love for the Patriots. Funny how you'd be advocating Josh McDaniels ...

Yeah, i'm advocating an offensive minded coach that has studied under the greatest NFL coach of all time and that has shown to be able to win with or without his star QB. Why would anybody fault me for that.

As for questioning my fandom to this team, please dont go there. I've been a fan since 1976 and probably have Seahawk memorabilia older than you. I have flown to Seattle to watch games from the east coast your speaking of. So you can take your Viking loving self and get over that nonsense. A guy jumping on the bandwagon 6 years ago who still professes his love for everything that is Minnesota questioning my loyalty. Sheesh.
Yep, the Patriot love just flows from you. I'll stick with Pete and leave you your buddy Belichick.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
We will continue this thread under the assumption we are all Seahawks fans...

anything else is attacking the poster

Largent80

Reaction score
My recent additions to my ignore list have really improved my experience here.

Congrats to the lucky recipients, YOU earned it.

Hyak

Reaction score
penihawk":2jsbwwbp said:
First off let me just say I'm not a huge fan of Bevell. However I am curious to those that can't get over the SB loss and constantly bitch about the play calling, what would you like to see with our offense? Who is the OC that we need to put in charge? In my eyes the biggest problem the last couple years has been injuries and execution. One of those is an act of god and the other is up to the players to preform. Thinkin it's a little more complex than Bevell sucks?

Self imposed penalties are one area that both sides of the ball could improve on. False starts on the OL. OPI by Kearse. Offsides by Bennett.

Injuries are a concern and it's one not likely to go away as the core gets older and the RB's are made of glass.

Boycie

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party on this thread, but WTF?

This horse has been beaten enough, hasn't it?

Every thread turns into a Bevell discussion.

Suggestion to the Mods....How about making a Bevell only forum? That way I don't have to read this dross anymore.

penihawk

Reaction score
Remind us again where josh mcdaniels had success without BB making the ultimate head coaching and personnel decisions above him? This is a classic case of the grass is greener over there.

Hyak

Reaction score
penihawk":hbf7dhny said:
Remind us again where josh mcdaniels had success without BB making the ultimate head coaching and personnel decisions above him? This is a classic case of the grass is greener over there.

The track record of BB assistants flourishing elsewhere is similar to Pete's - not good.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":184rfssq said:
I'm a little late to the party on this thread, but WTF?

This horse has been beaten enough, hasn't it?

Every thread turns into a Bevell discussion.

Suggestion to the Mods....How about making a Bevell only forum? That way I don't have to read this dross anymore.

Not until it is made into.....

e1326_1-jpg.tmb-thumb230.jpg

Tical21

Reaction score
Largent80":dozqkyoe said:
This thread is proof that dead horses can be flogged for 2 years.

Same shit over and over.

A bunch of blah, blah, blah, typed out on keyboards for two friggin years.
My friend, I fully expect this to be a thing for about as long as I live. Will probably always be the most pivotal play in Super Bowl History. And it happened to our hometown team. With an all-world running back. From the one yard line. On second down. Thrown to our 5th WR. There will probably never be a coach second-guessed as much as Bevell is/was. Every single time you see Darrell Bevell's face, don't you think of that play? Every single time? And we didn't fire him. So we have to continue looking at that face and reliving that moment, over and over again. 2 years? We're just getting started.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm disappointed in you guys, it took you almost a full week of Marshawn and Richard stories to blame Bevell. Take a lap!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Tical21":2b9pt4pp said:
Largent80":2b9pt4pp said:
This thread is proof that dead horses can be flogged for 2 years.

Same shit over and over.

A bunch of blah, blah, blah, typed out on keyboards for two friggin years.
My friend, I fully expect this to be a thing for about as long as I live. Will probably always be the most pivotal play in Super Bowl History. And it happened to our hometown team. With an all-world running back. From the one yard line. On second down. Thrown to our 5th WR. There will probably never be a coach second-guessed as much as Bevell is/was. Every single time you see Darrell Bevell's face, don't you think of that play? Every single time? And we didn't fire him. So we have to continue looking at that face and reliving that moment, over and over again. 2 years? We're just getting started.
:lol:

Hyak

Reaction score
Tical21":wporu964 said:

Really? They have played 36 games since that SB, including 4 playoff games. 19 players are currently on the roster that were even on that team. Fans are irrational but if there are players sitting around obsessing about a play call 3 years ago that's on them. Get help if this is all you relive over and over when watching a game.

2014 is as meaningless as 2013 was. 2016 is done. It's a new year and all that counts is 2017.

mrt144

Reaction score
JTB":1bt0sped said:
Tical21":1bt0sped said:

Really? They have played 36 games since that SB, including 4 playoff games. 19 players are currently on the roster that were even on that team. Fans are irrational but if there are players sitting around obsessing about a play call 3 years ago that's on them. Get help if this is all you relive over and over when watching a game.

2014 is as meaningless as 2013 was. 2016 is done. It's a new year and all that counts is 2017.

It'd be easier to get over it if we didn't have small reminders of Bevell's rigidity sprinkled throughout those 36 games.

Largent80

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":jz7wr6rv said:
Largent80":jz7wr6rv said:
My recent additions to my ignore list have really improved my experience here.

Congrats to the lucky recipients, YOU earned it.

No one cares about your ignore list or if they're on it or off it. Totally off-topic and irrelevant here.

You Stink.

Chapow

Reaction score
Good stuff guys, good stuff.

Lots of new insight in this thread that totes hasn't been absolutely beaten to death a hundred times.

Any guesses how many pages this thread gets to before it gets locked?

Tical21

Reaction score
JTB":1o6q09cq said:
Tical21":1o6q09cq said:

The 19 guys that are still here are basically the biggest contributors from that team, sans a couple.

I'd honestly think less of them if they were able to just get over it. It's a Super Bowl on each of their legacies, and I have a feeling a couple of those guys take their legacies pretty seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.