Is Baldwin going to be the KR this week?

getnasty

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3irxuruu said:
How often do KR's actually get hurt. I don't think it is frequent.

Percy "Glass" Harvin excluded.

Kearse got knocked out returning a kick this year and that why Percy was back returning kicks in the first place.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
getnasty":1urqb13e said:
HawkNuts":1urqb13e said:
How often do KR's actually get hurt. I don't think it is frequent.

Percy "Glass" Harvin excluded.

Kearse got knocked out returning a kick this year and that why Percy was back returning kicks in the first place.
Well that and Kearse fumbled vs. Tampa Bay. Hasn't returned one since.

BASF

Reaction score
I actually suggested Lockette who I believe is slower than Earl Thomas but not by much. I did check and he averaged 24.2 yard per kickoff return with one touchdown in Division 2 competition so it's not like he was lighting up the field facing inferior competition. Perhaps he lacks the vision to identify a opening that isn't massive. I am sure that Carroll has given him his opportunities in practice to see if he could do it on this level.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Lockette has a 4.32 40 yard dash if I remember correctly which might make him the fastest on our team officially. That's just elite speed. But that doesn't necessarily translate to play making skills for kick returns. Even though he leads the team in average reception yards at 18.5 he only has caught 4 of his 6 targets and 11 yards after contact.

Kinda makes you wish we gave this guy some more plays in regular season so we would know what we are dealing with. He has the elite speed that he should be able to get open when we need to dump the ball fast but with 6 targets all season he's pretty much a mystery to how good he is :(

Feel the same way about Michael Christine and his lack of carries, can't really put any trust in him since we never used him but he seems entirely capable of giving us that much needed offensive explosion here and there.

I'm a little nervous with giving Baldwin KR duties but I also think he's smart and skilled enough to go out of bounds or slide rather than take a monster hit.

I think if we get a big lead we might want to just go back to Turbin I think last week was a fluke with his ball security everyone has off days.

But really our KR situation should have been addressed LONG AGO... We have so many talented guys no reason to be #3 in punt returns and #25 in kick returns.

Kinda scary to think where we would be on offense without awesome punt returns and many interceptions. I think we should of been trying to find a dangerous KR game many weeks ago. Seems like maybe we put all our eggs in one basket with Harvin and never tried to fill his shoes at KR.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Walter Thurmond III is the guy we should go to for KR's. We have depth at corner. Thurmond had some big KR's in college at Oregon.