Introducing myself

Rob12

Reaction score
12's,

I have a few posts here but wanted to formally introduce myself.

My name is Rob and I have been a Seahawks fan for about 24 years now (I'm 32). I was watching one of my first Seahawks games with my dad when I was 7 or 8. Incidentally enough, it was the game in which Steve Largent caught his 100th career touchdown pass. Ever since, I was hooked.

I reside on the east side (Tri Cities) but make it to the CLINK about twice a year. My brother has been a season ticket holder since 2004 or so and I tag along to games with him.

My dad, my absolute hero, passed away on March 25 of this year. It has been a rough year to say the least... My dad was born in Nebraska so by default, we are pretty big Nebraska fans. I was watching the Wisconsin Badgers play the Huskers two years ago with my dad. Nebraska looked pretty good... I think they jumped out to a 14-0 lead. Well, it was all downhill from there as the Badgers scored like 35 or 42 unanswered points behind the poise of a kid named Russell Wilson. By the end of the game, my dad was pretty down, but he was impressed with #16. He was the first person who called it - "Buddy, whoever drafts that kid is going to get a good one. Did you see him with the football? I don't care how tall he is." I agreed, and when we drafted him in the 2012 draft, I was quickly labeled a fool for being excited that we drafted him. I am wrong, a lot, but on this occasion, I still continue to serve heaping piles of crow to my work buddies because I said that by at least Week 4, Wilson would supplant Matt Flynn as the starting quarterback. He decided to do it way before then, but I've become a legend of sorts in my workplace for believing in such a "small quarterback who will never have any success in the NFL." My dad called me the second the Seahawks drafted Wilson and said, "Buddy - we just got a good one."

I have three sons (3, 1 and our youngest is set to arrive around Christmas). We all love our Seahawks and my oldest has the "SEA-Hawks" chant down to perfection. He's 3rd birthday party was one of the biggest Seahawks bashes I have ever been a part of!

I've been lurking at .NET for years and years and am happy to finally be a part of the community here.

gargantual

Reaction score
I'm real sorry your dad didn't make it to seeing us bring home our first Lombardi trophy (something I was getting concerned about happening to my dad...until Russell, Pete and John arrived!). Great, impassioned post, and look forward to seeing more in the future!

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
gargantual":1u8kxwyb said:
I'm real sorry your dad didn't make it to seeing us bring home our first Lombardi trophy (something I was getting concerned about happening to my dad...until Russell, Pete and John arrived!). Great, impassioned post, and look forward to seeing more in the future!

Ah... But he will see it, though. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I was at that Nebraska game in Wisconsin as I live in Nebraska. I'm a Huskies fan myself, but was with a few Nebby fans who wanted to kill Russell Wilson. Everyone kept saying, at least he'll never make the NFL. Haha, I about shit my pants on draft day...

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
My wife is from Wisconsin and they love their Badgers, when we drafted Wilson the outlaws were so happy to see Wilson go to Seattle. They may not be so happy now that we(Hawks) may supplanting the Pack as the big nasty up North.

kidhawk

Reaction score
It's always cool the way this place is such a community and we get to know each other as people besides just as seahawks fans. Always good to get to know a little more about those in our growing .NET community. Welcome, and feel free to add your introduction to the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=638 you can also scroll through, if you haven't already, and learn more about your fellow .NET members. Again, welcome aboard

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Welcome! I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old as well. It sure is fun seeing them become fans along with you, isn't it!?

Axx

Reaction score
hell, its about time you join

zorro

Reaction score
This is Zorro's third forum. The other two were Mariners related back when they were hot stuff so perhaps Zorro is a fair-weather fan. But, he has been falling for the Hawks ever since seeing a Russell Wilson feature last year. Now Zorro is hooked on a team again! He has missed being an avid sports fan with a team to get passionate about. His youngest son, daughter-in-law and grandkids are all in too! Go Hawks!

RedAlice

Reaction score
What happened to the Dallas fan who came to claim the Hawks as his "new" team? Did he stay?