Interior OL is Trash

seabowl

Reaction score
They are terrible, and they have been for years.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I had quiet optimism for Bradford. Unfortunately he's cheeks too just like all who came before him

renofox

Reaction score
Lewis started.out great at RG in his rookie year.

Then PC decided to bring in all-world Gabe Jackson and made Lewis move to LG. He started out struggling and has constantly regressed since.

Thanks, Pete!

nwHawk

Reaction score
They are terrible, and they have been for years.
Isn’t it amazing how good the interior looked with Olu Olu? Brown get heathy and resumes starting.

Seahawks have not been able to run the ball since. Tell me I’m not crazy?

Damien Lewis has been ass all year.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Lewis started.out great at RG in his rookie year.

Then PC decided to bring in all-world Gabe Jackson and made Lewis move to LG. He started out struggling and has constantly regressed since.

Thanks, Pete!
In the world of one party holding singular blame for everything, this makes sense.

In the real world, Lewis was likely taken with heavy input from Mike Solari, who ran more gap power concepts than Seattle does now. Lewis played decently at RG, yes. For a rookie.

Gabe Jackson was brought in to no one's dismay, and the decision to move Damian Lewis to LG to accommodate Gabe was likely made with just as much input from Solari as it was Pete. In no world would Pete Carroll realistically do this over the objections of the positional coach that oversees the line.

Lewis has, at times, played decently at left guard since. Lewis, at times, did not play decently at right guard during his rookie year. Lewis has battled through injury and full blocking scheme change to start as a fairly average guard as a third round pick.

This isn't an insane outcome, and he was probably better suited overall to the stuff we used to run. He's been serviceable regardless.

Latest posts