Interesting RW quote

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Doesn’t change the fact he carried the offense after LOB LEFT.
He also got his ass bailed out by Doug Baldwin & a couple of others AFTER the LOB had gone, and THAT is a FACT.
He INSINUATED that HE carried the Seahawks on his back ALL BY HIS LONESOME, what a freakin' JOKE

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
He did carry this team the last 5 6 years and this team wouldn't have gone to ANY super bowls without him. Yes he had a great defense and a good running game (which he was apart of) but he still was a big reason we made it.
FACT IS: Without the LOB, Russ doesn't even GET TO ->A<- Super Bowl, let alone TWO of them....Remember ''The Tip'' by Sherm?, eh??

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Agreed, if you want to call a pass play why not roll him out? That said I was stunned they passed when Lynch was such an easy call there.
I’ve long maintained that a pass was a fine call there, just not that pass. Motioned Lynch out so no PA and a quick, predetermined pass that doesn’t play to his (then) strength of mobility. A play action bootleg, since EVERYONE knows it’s going to Lynch gives a great chance of a defender taking a bad step or two to let someone get open, Wilson is a threat to run it in so as he nears the line of scrimmage the defender has to choose between his receiver or the run threat, and if none if that works you sail the ball out the end zone and have two more shots at it. I actually think that would be a better choice than giving it to Lynch in that situation or as the second play if Lynch gets it but gets stopped.

Complete dynasty killing playcall that ignored even the threat of any of our offensive strengths. It’s been almost 10 years and every time I think of it I just hear an incredulous Collinsworth saying “why?!”. I will never, ever understand that call.

camdawg

Reaction score
I’ve long maintained that a pass was a fine call there, just not that pass. Motioned Lynch out so no PA and a quick, predetermined pass that doesn’t play to his (then) strength of mobility. A play action bootleg, since EVERYONE knows it’s going to Lynch gives a great chance of a defender taking a bad step or two to let someone get open, Wilson is a threat to run it in so as he nears the line of scrimmage the defender has to choose between his receiver or the run threat, and if none if that works you sail the ball out the end zone and have two more shots at it. I actually think that would be a better choice than giving it to Lynch in that situation or as the second play if Lynch gets it but gets stopped.

Complete dynasty killing playcall that ignored even the threat of any of our offensive strengths. It’s been almost 10 years and every time I think of it I just hear an incredulous Collinsworth saying “why?!”. I will never, ever understand that call.
Thank you! Depending on your point of view...if you're Pete and you want to burn clock after Marshawn got stopped on first down, it will require you to pass on 2nd or 3rd down, so you can have a 4th down if you need it.

But the formation and play? Terrible! You don't call a one receiver, all or nothing play on second down. Your QB has no options if something bad happens, and doesn't have a safe place to throw the ball away. Imagine if Max Unger had made a bad center snap on that play. What would Russ be have been able to do?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This why me and Russ have issues..I want team players not me players.
BTW doesn't the QB "carry the offense" otherwise why do they get paid
the most for?
The ass couldn't carry much but himself.

rcaido

Reaction score
Just people wanting to shit stir & click baits....
Wilson2

toffee

Reaction score
Just people wanting to shit stir & click baits....
View attachment 54217
It's so bad that DiLalla, Bronco's Lead writer & team reporter has to come put defuse and cover for Wilson, so pathetic!!! Do you know why DiLalla was doing it? You do, don't you?

Bronco's front office knew what Wilson said could do to the chemistry their current locker room, if he could put his former teammates under the bus, he became someone his current teammates could not count on. That's why DiLalla had to do it.

But it won't work, his current teammates heard it, his former teammates heard it.

Broncos_Fan

Reaction score
It's so bad that DiLalla, Bronco's Lead writer & team reporter has to come put defuse and cover for Wilson, so pathetic!!! Do you know why DiLalla was doing it? You do, don't you?

Bronco's front office knew what Wilson said could do to the chemistry their current locker room, if he could put his former teammates under the bus, he became someone his current teammates could not count on. That's why DiLalla had to do it.

But it won't work, his current teammates heard it, his former teammates heard it.
Or as DiLalla was explaining, those comments were an answer to why he chose Denver over other teams that wanted to trade for him and had absolutely nothing to do with the Seahawks. The spin doctors are in full flail mode and you're buying into it. Relax. Russ hasn't said a negative word about the Seahawks. He's done nothing but speak highly of his time there and praise the fan base in Seattle again and again. I don't blame your local writers. Game 1 is your super bowl this year. The schedule makers knew that. That's why they're playing this game week 1. You're about to step into a new era of Seahawks football. It they choose a QB wisely in the 2023 draft, it'll be over soon.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Or as DiLalla was explaining, those comments were an answer to why he chose Denver over other teams that wanted to trade for him and had absolutely nothing to do with the Seahawks. The spin doctors are in full flail mode and you're buying into it. Relax. Russ hasn't said a negative word about the Seahawks. He's done nothing but speak highly of his time there and praise the fan base in Seattle again and again. I don't blame your local writers. Game 1 is your super bowl this year. The schedule makers knew that. That's why they're playing this game week 1. You're about to step into a new era of Seahawks football. It they choose a QB wisely in the 2023 draft, it'll be over soon.

Although the quoted comment in this thread by RW3 doesn't appear too damning, in totality, the volume of rhetoric tells the story.

I think you should reserve your opinion until you've spent a few years watching and listening to RW3's double speak. If you're that invested, do a little research, there's plenty out there.

When your team is hobbled by a mega guaranteed contract and a disinterested QB, most of us will be too empathetic to post on your board "I told you so."

As a Denver fan, you have a lot to look forward to - good and bad.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
When your team is hobbled by a mega guaranteed contract and a disinterested QB, most of us will be too empathetic to post on your board "I told you so."

Russell Wilson has not had a single day as a disinterested QB in his career; it's not in his DNA. But do carry on.

Broncos_Fan

Reaction score
Although the quoted comment in this thread by RW3 doesn't appear too damning, in totality, the volume of rhetoric tells the story.

I think you should reserve your opinion until you've spent a few years watching and listening to RW3's double speak. If you're that invested, do a little research, there's plenty out there.

I've spent the last 6 years watching my team fail miserably because they had no QB. It's a QB driven league. Plain and simple... no franchise QB, no chance to win a championship. Seahawks fans haven't had to deal with that part of the game for the last 10 years. The contract is a small price to pay for a QB that can win a super bowl. It's all good. Denver has a great GM. The league GM's voted Denver's draft as the best in 2021 (Paton's first draft), and he traded for a HOF QB the next year. The cap is also going to skyrocket over the next 3-4 years. The 50 mill/year contract that Russ signs around December will look like a steal in about 3 years.

I wish you guys luck this year, outside of week 1. I know that you were hoping Lock would come in and take the starting job. He didn't. He never does. The only reason he's ever started in the NFL is because of injuries or terrible QB play in front of him. It's just who he is. Great guy, but not a starting caliber QB. Let the year play out and draft that franchise QB in 2023. Embrace the rebuild. I think the Seahawks had a very good draft this year. Who knows, you may have a new GM and coach next season to go along with all of those draft picks.

Jac

Reaction score
I've spent the last 6 years watching my team fail miserably because they had no QB. It's a QB driven league. Plain and simple... no franchise QB, no chance to win a championship. Seahawks fans haven't had to deal with that part of the game for the last 10 years. The contract is a small price to pay for a QB that can win a super bowl. It's all good. Denver has a great GM. The league GM's voted Denver's draft as the best in 2021 (Paton's first draft), and he traded for a HOF QB the next year. The cap is also going to skyrocket over the next 3-4 years. The 50 mill/year contract that Russ signs around December will look like a steal in about 3 years.

I wish you guys luck this year, outside of week 1. I know that you were hoping Lock would come in and take the starting job. He didn't. He never does. The only reason he's ever started in the NFL is because of injuries or terrible QB play in front of him. It's just who he is. Great guy, but not a starting caliber QB. Let the year play out and draft that franchise QB in 2023. Embrace the rebuild. I think the Seahawks had a very good draft this year. Who knows, you may have a new GM and coach next season to go along with all of those draft picks.

It's not going to be a small contract ($50M would be the absolute floor) for a declining QB in his late 30's. It's all relative. In reality, he needs to win a SB in the next two years for this trade to pan out.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Now perhaps the real RW is revealed.

Loved his game when he came out, thought he was special as a player, but there were things he didn’t do well.
However, always wondered about his sincerity. Now he is showing his true self.

His shoulders didn’t win XLVIII and in fact the D carried him to that W. If the D wasn‘t there his shoulders were not big enough. D’s figured him out.

He is undoubtedly a great QB, but he’s not my QB anymore and didn’t want to be here anymore. He’s a BRonco and I don’t like Broncos.

Sure would like to see our young players, who he carried, smash his fake ass into the field turf a few times on Sept 12.

toffee

Reaction score
DiLalla had to come and rescue your new franchise QB, come to think of it, he will soon get used to it. NOT A SINGLE SEAHAWKS TEAMMATE said anything when Russell was traded, think about it.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
NOT A SINGLE SEAHAWKS TEAMMATE said anything when Russell was traded, think about it.
How do you know? Do you have Russ mic'd up? Lots of co-workers wished me best of luck when I left my last job. But they didn't publish it or broadcast it on TV in some self-serving, self-aggrandizing manner....ridiculous....

keasley45

Reaction score
Doesn’t change the fact he carried the offense after LOB LEFT.

When you can't execute the plays as called or do the simple things and improvise every other down, you by default are the offense.

It's called Russball.

It's like Warner said. Playing qb in Seattle wasn't nearly as difficult as Russ made it seem.

Glad he said that though. Wish it had been closer to week 1 so our guys could use it to get fired up. I'm sure they will regardless.

keasley45

Reaction score
FACT IS: Without the LOB, Russ doesn't even GET TO ->A<- Super Bowl, let alone TWO of them....Remember ''The Tip'' by Sherm?, eh??

Forget the tip. The dude played like he was paid by the Packers in the NFCCG. Were it not for a TD Pass by our punter, the LOB and Beastmode going nuts when we stopped trying to let Russ throw over the middle or jump ball INTs in the endzone, and a crazy onside kick recovery, I think Russ might have gotten the can much sooner. 4 Ints and 1 completion in the first half.

Like so many games, the offense (traditional passing offense) without the ability to do simple sh!t like throw a screen, or exploit the shallow middle, had to make a 'comeback'. And just like he did in Washington last year, after a putrid showing, in part because of his own ineffectiveness, when he just ran around and bought time for his receivers to be 'open enough for Russ', he 'put the team on his back'... and did his little 2 minute deal. What a joke.

I'd rather have 30 minutes of solid play and of that, 26 minutes of sound offense, than 4 minutes of brilliance a game and the rest, a crap show of sub par, sub 'elite', 3rd down passing conversions and running into stacked boxes... while still, the running game bails us out and allows Russ to throw his trademark PA bombs.

But yeah, it's ok because Russ scrambled around for 13 seconds and found a guy who had to work 5x as hard to get open, for a completion...

What a complete tool.

I remember being upset when I learned of all the disharmony between the LOB and Russ because before I started really paying attention to what was going on, Russ looked like superman in blue and green.

Now?? They weren't only right about his 'Limited' ability, but his character as well.

I hope we beat the ever loving crap out of him.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Keasley you are so over the top ridiculous with your Russ hate . He brought more success, wins, super bowl appearances, playoffs, playoff wins than any QB in our history by far. Yet you dwell on whatever negative thing that happened in his career and then magnify it and make it 5 times a bigger deal than it actually was.
By the way all those interceptions in that Green Bay game were definitely not on Russ. I have never seen so many easily catchable balls dropped by receivers only to be picked off. Then he leads them to victory as well.
You are the antishesis of John 63. the mere mention of Russ gets you all lathered up.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Keasley you are so over the top ridiculous with your Russ hate . He brought more success, wins, super bowl appearances, playoffs, playoff wins than any QB in our history by far. Yet you dwell on whatever negative thing that happened in his career and then magnify it and make it 5 times a bigger deal than it actually was.
By the way all those interceptions in that Green Bay game were definitely not on Russ. I have never seen so many easily catchable balls dropped by receivers only to be picked off. Then he leads them to victory as well.
You are the antishesis of John 63. the mere mention of Russ gets you all lathered up.

I dont hate Russ. If you read my other posts, you'd see that. What I hate is his BS revisionist history and throwing his former team under the bus when he benefited more from what they did then they did from him.

I'm a Seahawks fan and that dude is now the QB of the Broncos, and talking nonsense now the same way he did before he left.

But I guess if you believe what he says to be true, you wouldn't be quite as offended by it.

He was great AND flawed. But apparently some here and Mr Wilson himself only account for the 'great' part and ignore the impact his flaws had on our not reaching our potential.