Interesting Perspective from Denver Radio

pinksheets

Reaction score
We just got as far as them in the playoffs in a stronger conference and stronger division.

Our amazing front office just drafted our franchise quarterback to go with our exciting young team.

They hired a mercenary HOF QB whose health is questionable and time is running out.

I totally understand the different perspectives.

themunn

Reaction score
literally the only thing I'm envious of Denver for are their pass rush (or well, Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil).

Can you imagine those two on our defense over Hill and Branch? (I say Branch because I'm fully convinced Bryant could make a bigger impact as a DT now that he has a few years more experience).

We'd never ever lose.

Waterhawk1

Reaction score
You could also inject the lack of discipline into Pete's some of his play calling decisions this year.

-The Glove-":12ed6km6 said:
I never understood the whole "window is closing" sentiment earlier in this season for the Seahawks. I know we had a few posters screaming that all year. We have the 2nd youngest team in the NFL. With youth comes a lack of discipline and experience. Talent is no issue at all...but I'm just excited to see how much better they can get in time and what PC and JS can do with the draft, knowing we don't have too many needs.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Kip, Elway bungled the first round. He took as big a gamble height wise as Schneider when he drafted a 6-8 QB in the second, and is forever on the list of guys who passed on Wilson too. I thought he mismanaged the front of the Bronco's draft terribly.

Right now, his sole redemption is signing Manning. But it was hardly a stroke of genius. Not trying to get Manning would have been an indictment, trying to get him is not a credit. And executive? He golfs with important people. He doesn't do cap, he doesn't scout anything but quarterbacks and even then his template is...himself.

So far his crowning achievement was not allowing the tebow mania to get him. Still, Tebow is one playoff win ahead of Manning in Denver.

ParisPC07

Reaction score
A friend of mine who had been a constant source of:
A) Seahawks hate (Wilson is terrible, even saying that Tannehill was better at certain parts of the season)
B) Denver was the best team in the NFL in 5 years, Super Bowl, etc. ad nauseam.

He deleted his facebook account the other day and hasn't responded to any texts or calls.

Usually when the season is over for me, it's without much worry about the post season. If we made it to the NFC championship I would perk up quite a bit. I'm always hyped for every game, but not like this year and the 2005 year. Hell, even 2010. This year was totally different. I really thought the Seahawks were about to continue doing the most amazing things we've seen.

Once it was all over, I went home from Scooter's Pub in Las Vegas (plug) and lay in bed all day. I barely ate anything. After that day though, I was taken by an overwhelming sense of optimism like I've never had before. It didn't even just stop with football, my workouts have gotten better amongst other things! The fans greeting them at the airport pretty much did it for me. Things like that, the RRR and the amount of appreciation shown to the 12th man this year really solidified my feeling that we are a part of the team, hell we have our own jersey. It's been a great ride.

Also, lol@Done-ver.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":735hf8b7 said:
-The Glove-":735hf8b7 said:
I never understood the whole "window is closing" sentiment earlier in this season for the Seahawks. I know we had a few posters screaming that all year. We have the 2nd youngest team in the NFL. With youth comes a lack of discipline and experience. Talent is no issue at all...but I'm just excited to see how much better they can get in time and what PC and JS can do with the draft, knowing we don't have too many needs.
I take it you figure the odds are that you'll be around next year. I'm to the point where I don't count on that anymore. Also, there are no guarantees next year if I do. So for some of us, yeah, the window is closing has a whole different meaning.

Of course I do...I'm talking about the team's window of opportunity. Not anybody else's.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The difference is expectations.

We were playing with house money because no one thought we'd get to the Divisional round six months ago. Still a painful loss, but nowhere near the pain of being a #1 seed with home field advantage and a window of Superbowl opportunity of about 1-2 more years cause your QB is almost 40.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2d5xha0v said:
Still a painful loss, but nowhere near the pain of being a #1 seed with home field advantage and a window of Superbowl opportunity of about 1-2 more years cause your QB is almost 40.

I wouldn't say age 36 is "almost 40", but I get what you mean.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ytp69f8w said:
Kip, Elway bungled the first round. He took as big a gamble height wise as Schneider when he drafted a 6-8 QB in the second, and is forever on the list of guys who passed on Wilson too. I thought he mismanaged the front of the Bronco's draft terribly.

Right now, his sole redemption is signing Manning. But it was hardly a stroke of genius. Not trying to get Manning would have been an indictment, trying to get him is not a credit. And executive? He golfs with important people. He doesn't do cap, he doesn't scout anything but quarterbacks and even then his template is...himself.

So far his crowning achievement was not allowing the tebow mania to get him. Still, Tebow is one playoff win ahead of Manning in Denver.
Agree with Scott on this one. I just don't see Elway as 'it' but admittedly my distaste for him as a player could well be clouding my judgement.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I've never been able to figure out why the hell Peyton signed in Denver. He has a HORRIBLE record of losing playoff games in cold climates (he never beat Brady in the playoffs until the game was in a dome). Real head scratcher...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CANHawk":194paecd said:
I've never been able to figure out why the hell Peyton signed in Denver. He has a HORRIBLE record of losing playoff games in cold climates (he never beat Brady in the playoffs until the game was in a dome). Real head scratcher...

$96,000,000 and full control of the offense do it for ya?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3oxuonhl said:
CANHawk":3oxuonhl said:

So you're saying he did it for the money? I thought that was what he had Papa John's for...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":1mgtv1qz said:

Maybe he figured he'd end up going to Houston on the road for the divisional round. :mrgreen:

Seriously, though, if the Denver safety (Moore?) doesn't take a stupid angle and misread the ball, Denver would be hosting the AFCCG this weekend. Yeah, Manning's early pick-six and OT INT were huge factors, but I'd argue that Denver's suddenly invisible pass rush and Champ Bailey doing an impression of toast were bigger factors.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3nil4sdz said:
CANHawk":3nil4sdz said:

Maybe he figured he'd end up going to Houston on the road for the divisional round. :mrgreen:

Seriously, though, if the Denver safety (Moore?) doesn't take a stupid angle and misread the ball, Denver would be hosting the AFCCG this weekend. Yeah, Manning's early pick-six and OT INT were huge factors, but I'd argue that Denver's suddenly invisible pass rush and Champ Bailey doing an impression of toast were bigger factors.
Yes, but also remember that without the 2 kick/punt returns for TDs they're not even in the game at that point.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CANHawk":22i6gdz6 said:
Sarlacc83":22i6gdz6 said:
CANHawk":22i6gdz6 said:

So you're saying he did it for the money? I thought that was what he had Papa John's for...

Money and control..........and it's hard to blame him. Maybe SF was a better team if he wanted to win a SB, but I doubt control freak Harbaugh was going to allow Manning to run the offense.

Latest posts