I'm Still Not Recovered from the Super Bowl (Help!!!)

timmat

Reaction score
I just keep coming back to the fact that 12 months ago, we won the Super Bowl. That is the only thing making this easier on me. We won the Super Bowl, and backed it up with a return trip. Yes, this thinking would also be easier had we not been soooo close to the re-Pete. But with some more time - and especially once the team starts playing again - I will be able to appreciate this run even more. I've personally been to three NFC championship games in 9 years, and witnessed 3 victories. The core if this team is young. If we can get everyone healthy, there's no reason we won't be in the Super Bowl discussion for many more years. It is the golden age of Seahawks football.

AVL

Reaction score
Find a new obsession to distract you, maybe one where you can never lose.

OP
OP
F

farhat

Reaction score
God is better.

I thank you for all your words. You guys all did help me.

tlhud1789

Reaction score
We went from a game we shouldn't have won (NFC championship) to a game we should have won(1/2 yard line of Super Bowl with multiple downs). It all balances out at some point, our balancing just came sooner than we all wanted. There really are worst things in this life to be looking at. We are lucky if it is just a close loss in the Super Bowl.

Besides when our team wins another Super Bowl I want an ass stomping like the beatdown the year before. No prisoners type of win.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Schedule schmedule. Look at the 2014 schedule....that looked absolutely brutal. The 9ers are weaker and we owned the cards, it's a great setup for another great year. I too tho still wake up in the night and think of the hundred plays I would have ran other than that dumbass call. Oh bevell, how I loathe thee.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Also why do you seem to focus your worry on our road games? Hell, we are road warriors. Our performances at the clink were mostly forgettable.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
I haven't read much of this thread but I've thought about it long and hard and I'd say:

We just won an amazing super bowl, stop being a spoiled brat.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
farhat":1ilkiw09 said:
How did we just allow that to happen? First, after the Kearse reception, we wasted a timeout because we were too busy looking up at the screen. If we kept that timeout, we would have had 2 timeouts and 3 plays, meaning they would have given the ball to Lynch. Poor clock/game management (not one of Pete's strengths) caught up with us.

And on then on 2nd and goal, I don't mind that they passed, but why not use Marshawn as a decoy? The whole world is expecting Marshawn to be a part of the gameplan on the 1 yard line. But, you just throw a slant? Not a high percentage play in a congested area of the field. Why not play action? Bevell's poor red zone play calling caught up with us.

The only thing that will help make up for this is if we get back to the Super Bowl and win it. But, I'm looking at this 2015 road schedule: AWAY: GB, Min, Bal, Cin, Dallas, NFC West.

All of them will be tough accept Minnesota.

Not to fuel your fire but I think Beast would have been open in the back of the end zone on that last play. When I watched it again NE sold out on the quick slant. Russell could have faked the pass, rolled around to the other side and .. TD pass to Lynch. In fact I swear we did this before against the 9ers

BlueTalon

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":tkcaenzx said:
If you look at the all 22 - if RW throws it a split second sooner, Lockette was open by about 3 yards. It is a game of inches. New England executed and we didn't. Don't get me wrong - I would have ran beastmode - make them stop your best multiple times.

There was still a chance of causing a safety, and getting the ball back to win for a field goal - though time may have been tight, but still a chance none the less...but, Bennet got bumped from behind by Dobbs - offsides - game over - New England executed and we didn't.
This. The only thing I would add is that it wasn't a lucky play by the defender, it was a brilliant play. It was the sort of thing we have grown accustomed to seeing with our defense. From what I understand, Lockette wasn't the guy's assignment -- but he saw the play begin, and baled on his assignment and followed his instinct.

The loss in this game was disappointing, certainly, and I felt like I was punched in the gut for the rest of the afternoon. But that's all. There's no shame in losing to the better team -- or to put it another way, losing to a team that actually won it. After the travesty of XL*, that punched in the gut feeling didn't go away for a very long time. (If I'm honest, that feeling never has fully gone away.) The rustbuckets were handed that game, and their fans never had the decency to acknowledge they benefitted from the lopsided officiating.

And for those here who think we deserved to lose XL*, let me give a preemptory shutthehellup. During the course of a typical game, a team has to overcome their own mistakes, and opponents' big plays, and injuries, and bad calls. We didn't play our best game, but we played well enough to overcome any three of those four things. Just not well enough to overcome all four. The rustbuckets didn't play anywhere near well enough to win that game without a massive infusion of aid from the zebras.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Not to be that dude, but we score and Brady still has 30 seconds to get them down to FG range, with one of the best FG kickers in the history of the game kicking. The game was not over, even if we did score.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
I've said this before in another thread, but here it is: there's a lot of luck involved in winning these SB's, especially once you've done it and teams are gunning for you. Luck both within the game and with injuries.

As a Pats fan there were 3 times between the '06 and '11 seasons that NE was the best team, should have won it all, but didn't. Some miracle play by the opponent. or a bs call or key injury, and poof. You could say a year ago Seattle had that luck, both with injuries and the way the SF game ended. The stars have to line up.

And that's not even mentioning that everyone starts stealing your players, coaches, & executives, and the players all want to get paid. Tough to repeat and stay on top.

In this SB, you got there which was amazing in itself because GB was a great opponent and played a great game. Then you had a lot of players go down and still made it a nail biter against us. But NE's luck was due to change, they have one of the greatest QB's ever, and they earned the win.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2ew2tp65 said:
I've said this before in other threads, but here it is: there's a lot of luck involved in winning these SB's, especially once you've done it and teams are gunning for you. Luck both within the game and with injuries.

As a Pats fan there were 3 times between the '06 and '11 seasons that NE was the best team, should have won it all, but didn't. You could say that a year ago Seattle had that luck, both with injuries and the way the SF game ended. The stars have to line up.

Not to mention that also everyone starts stealing your players, coaches, and executives, and the players all want to get paid. Very hard to repeat and stay on top.

In this SB, you got there which was amazing in itself because GB was a great opponent. You had a lot of players go down and still made it a nail biter against us. But NE's luck was due to change, they have one of the greatest QB's ever, and they earned the win.

and one of the best ball inflation crews.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think most will be kicking themselves for years, seeing how close the team was to making a legendary statement for the organization but it didn't happen. As the Pats fan points out, they lost their first two Superbowls by a blow-out to the Bears and a young Brett Favre. They turned it around but lost two heart-breakers to the NY Giants.

There are no guarantees that the team gets back to the Bowl since there is an element of luck as mentioned by others. There are teams that have never been to the Super bowl and I am sure at one time or the other during the Superbowl drought years that Seahawks fans said they would take just making the game. Of course once you make it and lose, sometimes you may feel like you wish you never made it only to lose.

Disappointed - yes
Avoiding NFL shows for now - yes
Angry - no
What if scenarios running through my head - yes
Looking for scapegoats or excuses - no

On and on. I am sure those Pats fans that are Red Sox fans cringe at the "Bill Buckner play". The Lockette/Butler play is ours for eternity. Stuff happens.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
drdiags":31n3wmbx said:
I think most will be kicking themselves for years, seeing how close the team was to making a legendary statement for the organization but it didn't happen. As the Pats fan points out, they lost their first two Superbowls by a blow-out to the Bears and a young Brett Favre. They turned it around but lost two heart-breakers to the NY Giants.

There are no guarantees that the team gets back to the Bowl since there is an element of luck as mentioned by others. There are teams that have never been to the Super bowl and I am sure at one time or the other during the Superbowl drought years that Seahawks fans said they would take just making the game. Of course once you make it and lose, sometimes you may feel like you wish you never made it only to lose.

Disappointed - yes
Avoiding NFL shows for now - yes
Angry - no
What if scenarios running through my head - yes
Looking for scapegoats or excuses - no

On and on. I am sure those Pats fans that are Red Sox fans cringe at the "Bill Buckner play". The Lockette/Butler play is ours for eternity. Stuff happens.

On your last statement, the big diff was Buckner was a physical error on Boston's part, a gaffe. Those are harder to deal with than a great play by the opponent. People talk about the David Tyree catch as bad luck, but that was a spectacular feat by him to make it, not any error by a Patriot (he never did another thing in the NFL, his one moment, but it was a ridiculously great catch). Similar to Malcolm Butler's play.

drdiags

Reaction score
True, not trying to minimize another team's efforts. Just that in the minds of Seahawks fans, that play is a sticking point that conjures up a lost opportunity on the biggest stage. So though one may have been a physical error and the other a great play by an opponent, for each perspective fanbase it is something that will stick in their craw for some time. When we are all dead and gone, those plays will be part of recorded history.

Hopefully someone is still around to watch them but that is on the future generation and the Sun.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Recovered? It was a great game and was a game that could only have one winner. I never needed recovery, it was about 2 hours of wondering why they didn't run it and that is about it for me.

I suppose if the Hawks didn't win it the year before it would have been a bigger deal, but getting to the 1 yard line in the final seconds in a game that no other champ has made it back to in 10 years was one hell of a way to support the previous season. The game came down to a single play that the Hawks chose to run against their identity. The Hawks will be in the dance again and get another shot.

Latest posts