I'm sick of reading "Wilson performance decline"

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I see it like this. RW had one bad game vs AZ. Even statistically he was solid in every other game outside of the Saints game in which the circumstances were quite unique.

The pundits keep referencing the lack of 200 yard games as if that is tangible. In SF Russell had a sold game, 15/25 199, with a TD and a last second int. Against STL 15/23 for 172 and 18/27 for 206 against the Giants. Now I don't know about everyone else, but that is a pretty damn high completion percentage that hovers near the 200 yard area, which in this offense is just fine and tends to win games.

So screw the decline talk. I see a bad game against AZ and a unique game against NOLA that Lynch owned

hawk45

Reaction score
Loaf, that is such an Alex Smith argument, you do see that. We'd be rolling our eyes at any other fanbase making a case like that.

I'm in agreement that the NO game should be thrown out, and that the AZ game was his only really *bad* performance, but our passing offense had to be handheld by the defense vs. the Giants, Rams, Cards, with multiple turnovers and short fields and still managed to look pretty helpless.

What Wilson does have over Alex Smith I'll agree, and he did it vs the Saints as well, is a knack for making a play when he has to. That's why we've won so much. But right now nobody fears our passing game, or Russell Wilson in the pocket. I don't put that all on him, but it's the truth. That seems like a decline to me.