I'm not the only person who thinks the Cards are overrated.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":3vmbcski said:
Hasselbeck":3vmbcski said:
I don't think Arizona even finishes .500 this year. Even with Palmer under center they were extremely fortunate to be where they were at. The Chargers blew the opener. The Eagles blew a lead late in the game on a bomb to John Brown. The Cowboys were without Romo.

Palmer with 2 ACL injuries at age 35 doesn't worry me at all. The Rams are going to be the dangerous team in the West if Gurley stays healthy.
Eh, I feel like I've been hearing this for the past 3 years.

Foles isn't so durable himself either.

Make that 4.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Nope. Is that clear enough? This joke of a season has the actual contenders being wildcard teams currently. But it's possible that Kansas City and Pittsburgh can still rectify that unlike us.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":2nckwz4p said:
Maulbert":2nckwz4p said:
NINEster":2nckwz4p said:
Arizona has always been a wildcard. Very scary at times and then not so much other times.

They would have won the division last year for sure if they didn't lose not one but two starting QBs.

Last I checked, NO ONE thought Drew Stanton was a starting caliber QB. He's not even in the top half of the league as a backup. Also, Cards are 9-2 in one score games over the last 2 seasons, 12-9 in all other games. Seahawks are 8-6 in one score games and 17-1 in all others. Niners are 8-5 and 12-7, respectively. Cards were 23rd in offensive DVOA with Carson Palmer and were still 23rd without him, and while they were 5th in points allowed, they were only 24th in yards allowed. The Cardinals also gave up 500 yards 4 times last season. The 49ers didn't give up 500 last season and the Hawks only gave up 400 once, let alone 500. Hell, the Rams only gave up 500 yards once. And on top of that, their point differential was only +11. Oh, and all that talk about Carson Palmer's injury bringing them down? It likely would have happened anyway. Palmer has played in all 16 games only 5 out of the 11 seasons he's been active. Plus, his career starting record is 70-73. Not exactly a world beater.

Why does this matter?
Wouldn't that mean they're really good at closing out games?

It means they were "lucky" last year. I'll never be convinced differently.

Rex

Reaction score
Anyone that discounts the effect of an offense as potent as the desert dirty birdies is delusional. That offense can overcome a lot.....and fast. Like any other team they have to stay healthy at QB. This might be their year. I hope it is.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
They've proved me wrong, I'll admit that. But I will say they are still getting bit by Arians's injury bug, and Palmer won't be around for much longer. They're fantastic o-line is giving him time he's never had before, but he's still made of glass with 2 bum knees and turns 36 next week.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Maulbert":23um18yx said:
They've proved me wrong, I'll admit that. But I will say they are still getting bit by Arians's injury bug, and Palmer won't be around for much longer. They're fantastic o-line is giving him time he's never had before, but he's still made of glass with 2 bum knees and turns 36 next week.

Their offense has played well, which has forced opponents to be one dimensional. I'm still not sold on their defense being able to shut down balanced opponents and combine a decent defense to a balanced offense and the cards have trouble....trouble is coming for the cards.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
rideaducati":3ew15ael said:
Maulbert":3ew15ael said:

Their offense has played well, which has forced opponents to be one dimensional. I'm still not sold on their defense being able to shut down balanced opponents and combine a decent defense to a balanced offense and the cards have trouble....trouble is coming for the cards.

I think they could take the Panthers, but I don't think they'll get the chance. I see the Hawks taking down the Panthers after beating the east champs, whoever they are.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Maulbert":15vyclnh said:
rideaducati":15vyclnh said:
Maulbert":15vyclnh said:

I think they could take the Panthers, but I don't think they'll get the chance. I see the Hawks taking down the Panthers after beating the east champs, whoever they are.

I think the NFC Championship game might get played in Lambeau. Green Bay's defense seems to step it up when they HAVE TO and their offense is balanced.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
rideaducati":vbpsy6pv said:
Maulbert":vbpsy6pv said:

Seems like half their offense is to rely on the other team missing tackles. The Vikings and Eagles were god awful at tackling

chris98251

Reaction score
For all the reason your trying to find a way to down play the Cardinals, they are where they are regardless of the opponent, the Officials, dumb luck, every team has a ball bounce the right way and or the wrong way. The playing field gets reset and the seasons toll has been tallied, we will all be watching to see if the ramp up in Playoffs in play will be able to be climbed by at least three teams, Cardinals, Panthers, Vikings.

The best regular season team isn't always the best playoff team, the game is different, more intense, more physical and faster. Teams just getting there sometimes let up thinking they have made it, teams that continue step up there game to another level. Playoff experience is not something that can be discounted.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I don't know but the Cards look like a legit 11-2 team, and Palmer is playing lights out. Plus they found a running game, so their offense is scary.

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawkMeat":3s9060u5 said:
I don't know but the Cards look like a legit 11-2 team, and Palmer is playing lights out. Plus they found a running game, so their offense is scary.

Are you afraid of cotton candy too?

AZ_fan

Reaction score
HawkMeat":as6ovp50 said:

Don't kid yourself man... the Cardinals are the worst 12-2 team in football.

We rank slightly behind the Panthers who are the worst 14-0 team in NFL history.

Seattle has nothing to worry about from either team. :th2thumbs:

rideaducati

Reaction score
AZ_fan":21adwipt said:
HawkMeat":21adwipt said:

We rank slightly behind the Panthers who are the worst 14-0 team in NFL history.

We know this... Thanks Captain Obvious.

raisethe3

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2l34xo7t said:
HawkMeat":2l34xo7t said:

Say that to ringless.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3qv8qybb said:
raisethe3":3qv8qybb said:
Say that to ringless.

I only make sarcastic comments to opposing fans.

On an opposing fans message board nonetheless....do you normally walk through fire and expect not to get burned too?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Cardinals are a good goddam team. any of you saying different are delusional. There are 4 NFL teams who are legit enough to win the SB vs any AFC team. Cards are one of em.