I'm Jimmy broke his thumb

evergreen

Reaction score
I remember that and thinking that jimmy really is going for it. I think maybe Bradley hit his hand? Irony or poetic justice? Yes.

toffee

Reaction score
Knuck Chox":1ccousox said:
brimsalabim":1ccousox said:
Speaking of Jimmy, When he went to Green bay I thought wow now Rogers is going to show us what we have been missing while using Jimmy so ineffectively.. Wow was I wrong. They have got doodly squat out of him.
I don’t recall who it was, but someone on the TV pregame show said Graham is being asked to block a lot for GB.

That is not gonna end well!!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don’t like to see any player hurt, but am not surprised at all that ‘The Jimmy’ disappeared in a physical game. He was hurt a significant part of his time here too. He has always disappeared when ‘rubbbed hard’ even when with NO. He plays a certain style and it isn’t typical for a TE. A snow flake? OK, either that or just Chamin’ soft.

I get the the thinking behind bringing a big move TE/WR for RW but doing so thinking he could be made to block, or if rubbed hard he wouldn’t disappear was short sighted. That trade was an expensive cap damaging and unproductive mistaken personnel move for Seattle. I am glad he’s now GB’s problem as they will struggle to get value from him. NO realized he was overpaid and certainly convinced Pn’J to pay his big contract and trade genuine value for him, they certainly won that deal.

Loved the idea behind Graham, as a true TE, but he was never a fit here and isn’t a genuine TE. Zach Miller or Gronk, even Dickson or Dissly certainly play the style you hope to see from a big player who is asked to catch and actually block. Graham can only catch and he can’t stand up to physicality. I agree with Pliny and also regret the lost 1st round draft pick.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":20lnvjp8 said:
I agree with Pliny and also regret the lost 1st round draft pick.

Probably would just spent it on Aaron Curry Jr or something. Now, if he had foolishly given up 4 3rd-round picks we'd be crippled for years! :mrgreen:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3jd6baw5 said:
jammerhawk":3jd6baw5 said:

Probably would just spent it on Aaron Curry Jr or something. Now, if he had foolishly given up 4 3rd-round picks we'd be crippled for years! :mrgreen:

I don’t give a crap about the first round pick. Losing Max Unger was gut wrenching. He was the leadership on that O-line. Once he left, Cabevell destroyed the offense.

Then again, maybe it showed the FO how bad those two really were and led to what we have now.

Go Hawks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bellingerga

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3ux9c1lb said:
jammerhawk":3ux9c1lb said:

Listen.... let's not forget Curry was a Ruskell pick and why you gotta even bring up those dark, dark times? :pukeface:

knownone

Reaction score
We're better than this guys. Jimmy may not have worked out but the dude balled out when he was here and he did so coming off a potentially career-ending injury.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I took zero joy in seeing him hurt. I thought it was ironic that it was on a clear hands to the face play. Blocking wasn't exactly his strong suit.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I never like to see injuries but Jimmy had too many no effort plays when he was here for me to wish him well on other teams.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Who's got one good thumb and a whole lot of money? That guy!

But seriously, there seems to be a lot of selective memory in regards to him...he's #16 on the Hawks all time receiving list...in two seasons. 18 td. 2 count em 2 fumbles. Two more "disappointing/mediocre" seasons and he'd be up around the 8 spot.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... eiving.htm

You can complain about some poorly acquired, overpaid players in the past (Percy Harvin one, but he also suffers from bi-polar disorder so he has his own issues we don't need to armchair quarter/psychologist about).

Sure, when you sign for a big pile of cash you deserve scrutiny. Even tho the Hawks coaching staff didn't really know how to use him to full potential, see above.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
AubHawk71":1zjxuqez said:

But seriously, there seems to be a lot of selective memory in regards to him...he's #16 on the Hawks all time receiving list...in two seasons. 18 td. 2 count em 2 fumbles.

You can complain about some poorly acquired, overpaid players in the past (Percy Harvin one, but he also suffers from bi-polar disorder so he has his own issues we don't need to armchair quarter/psychologist about).

Sure, when you sign for a big pile of cash you deserve scrutiny. Even tho the Hawks coaching staff didn't really know how to use him to full potential, see above.

He EASILY could have been number one too. His lack of production was playcalling.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":utiugufi said:
AubHawk71":utiugufi said:

But seriously, there seems to be a lot of selective memory in regards to him...he's #16 on the Hawks all time receiving list...in two seasons. 18 td. 2 count em 2 fumbles.

He EASILY could have been number one too. His lack of production was playcalling.

Above Largent? TE over WR seems a tough sled.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Don't ever wish an injury to a player with the class of a Jimmy Graham. His personal story is an inspiration.

He's not Gronk. Few are.

Hope he heals up and gets another season or two before it's all done.

Hear him and Russ are still very good friends. Both class act guys.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
AubHawk71":stt9ivwp said:
Sox-n-Hawks":stt9ivwp said:
AubHawk71":stt9ivwp said:

Above Largent? TE over WR seems a tough sled.

Maybe #2. Heck, I remember an entire season where it seemed like he was off the field on third down and in the redzone. I was scratching my head.

chris98251

Reaction score
Should have been used as a WR period, he does not have the heart for the physical part of the game.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The injury happened while playing the Hawks, but Jimmy's play now isn't Hawk related, is it?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Dude gave a shit for 3 years while having an offensive staff who had no idea how to use a TE who can crush the middle of the field while being able to beat CB's lined up outside. It took them until the final year of his contract to understand in the red zone he was a 1 on 1 nightmare. Get outta here..