I'm devastated

strohmin

Reaction score
It definitely bothers me that some of these guys don't seem to take it to heart and transfer that into upping their game the next game.

It feels like that at least.
Yeah but I can probably understand why. They saw how Pete handled that superbowl loss and realized he doesnt give a shit whether we win or lose so why should they? They are getting a pretty good paycheck with minimal effort and emotional investment.

strohmin

Reaction score
Don't get emotionally invested...see the nfl for what it is..sports entertainment. Don't let it ruin your day. To much bs happens in this league to let it get under your skin.
I mean I wish you told me this before I got emotionally invested. I would have never watched the nfl because lately its been a horrible product that isnt fun to watch. I only watch to see the seahawks win.

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
What a gut punch of a game to watch, on Thanksgiving no less.

My heart is sick and sad. My head hurts. My knuckles are bleeding.

Why is this happening? Why do we seem to be getting worse, year after year?

I'm embarassed. I'm beyond humbled. I'm just... Lost
Did you expect Seattle to win this game? I sure didn't. Not even close. I'd say it played out as expected. Geno isn't that great, a liability I'd say. The team overachieved early on, now it's back to reality imo...

Fade

Reaction score
The stages of grief. Not to be melodramatic or anything. But I went through all of them a long time ago. And have been in the acceptance faze for a long time, (post Dallas playoff game where Pete got smoked by Jason Garrett.)

The denial, anger, bargaining, etc. It's been years for me. Just been in acceptance waiting for the powers that be to wake up.

Welcome to Pete's purgatory. On the road to no where.

Xxx

Reaction score
Did you expect Seattle to win this game? I sure didn't. Not even close. I'd say it played out as expected. Geno isn't that great, a liability I'd say. The team overachieved early on, now it's back to reality imo...
Expect, well I meaaaan, I kinda talked myself into them winning, buuuttt deep down I knew I was wrong

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Right now, our team has little or no heart. We're soft and undisciplined.

There was a moment in tonight's game that they played tough... but it was just a moment.

ccla

Reaction score
Dak can Dak and they will still stomp us. We haven't even sniffed the end zone against a team with a good defense, and the Cowboys aren't too bad on that side of the ball.
Notice I did not say we will win, rather it is the game I can see us winning of the next few.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
The quality of the NFL product has gone to trash over the last few years - like the NBA 20 years ago

Edit - and not just because seattle sucks - I used to enjoy any game - now I usually stop watching after one of the many questionable calls each game
NFL needs to put all the players in the prop comedy poofy chode helmets and go back to the 1980's rulebook

Crizilla

Reaction score
What a gut punch of a game to watch, on Thanksgiving no less.

My heart is sick and sad. My head hurts. My knuckles are bleeding.

Why is this happening? Why do we seem to be getting worse, year after year?

I'm embarassed. I'm beyond humbled. I'm just... Lost
🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Vesuve

Reaction score
Genò was decent last season for the first half. Dak gonna Dak. Maybe not next week, but he is gonna Dak.
And Dak is going to light us up a bit, imo.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
I use to be like that. Then real life punched me in the face. 😁

It put everything in perspective. When the 49ers went through that 3 game losing streak I might of had an aneurysm and died screaming at my TV had this happened a few months earlier. It's a great game ain't it? 😆.

Now I just take every bad decision that Shanahan makes and chalk it up as " Well we could be stuck with Chip Kelly ".

The NFL has created a very addictive product. Some people ( my old self ) need/needed real life to punch them in the face to see how ridiculous it is to put so much into a 60 minute football game .

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The reality is we are stuck in mediocrity, and so is about 50% of the league. It’s hard to get out of without a true franchise QB.
It is so hard to be consistently good in the NFL without a difference maker at QB.

Everything the Seahawks do right now should be towards getting that guy.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Try living in a state surrounded by Niner fans because they thought Steve Young was a good Mormon.

I feel ya..

At least my 17 year old son and I had a bonding moment when he finally understood what it was like to be a Seahawks fan in the 90's like his old man.
I don’t feel like the 90s are a great comparison because with the current state of the NFC we are a playoff team. We’re not the way we’re playing, I’m just saying roster to roster we are, but we can’t get out of our own way and just mess it all up almost masochist style.

A good example is last week one of our worst series was when we had the big strike to DK and then followed it up with 2 runs to Zach. You could almost tell the Rams needed us to piss away the 2 downs just so they could catch their breath in the moment. One of the worst play calls in the ENTIRE GAME was the toss to zach.

Fast forward to yesterday- in one of the most crucial downs of the game, we run a toss to zach toward the short side of the field no less, and piss away a critical down.

You can’t even script how stupid that is. It is the epitome of not knowing how to go for the kill when you have an opportunity.

But i live out of market and my two best friends are 49er fans, so i am with you in that nightmare.

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
I saw an episode on New Amsterdam recently where a Knicks fan was in the hospital because he was blowing a gasket, and wayyyy too emotionally invested. He was 40'ish and had the heart of an 80 year old. Stress kills. Relax. It's entertainment. This period of sucking is necessary so we can get to the positive change part. Don't worry, it's coming. We'll get there again. 200

xray

Reaction score
Devastated ? Like it's a life changing event ? lol

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Devastated ? Like it's a life changing event ? lol
Yes. Last night's disaster was exactly that for me. A life changing event.

The family, many of whom I haven't seen in a few years, gathered around to watch the game after Thanksgiving dinner.

Now, they all think I'm insane. Unhinged. Plates were thrown. Profanity was spewed. The cousins and siblings had to restrain me by the 2nd quarter.

It was devastating

xray

Reaction score

The family, many of whom I haven't seen in a few years, gathered around to watch the game after Thanksgiving dinner.

Now, they all think I'm insane. Unhinged. Plates were thrown. Profanity was spewed. The cousins and siblings had to restrain me by the 2nd quarter.

It was devastating
^
Admitting you're phuked up is the 1st step . :)

Welshers2

Reaction score

It was devastating
This is a troll right?

^
Admitting you're phuked up is the 1st step . :)
Hey Ray Ray! Glad to see you're still alive old man

Latest posts