Ifedi to get top dollar?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1oq0ap6i said:
"Fant would be cheaper if anyone was stupid enough to overpay Ifedi and I suspect would ultimately do a better job."

I believe that. In addition to that if we get a good rookie project that proves out Fant can do a lot of different things, while waiting for Brown to decide he's had enough. Wouldn't surprise me if he couldn't make a fine blocking fullback. Fridge did it...

Fant is more of a left tackle than he is a RT. Although he can hold his own in pass blocking, he's not nearly the run blocker as Ifedi is, a fatal flaw when you're a run first team like we are. Besides, Fant is a free agent, too.

Although he still draws a lot of flags, Ifedi didn't commit nearly as many penalties as he has in past years, and he's durable, starting in all 18 games this season. I don't mind moving away from him if he has a contract offer that we're not willing to meet, but we need to have a plan to replace him as we don't currently have a player on the roster that can give us the type of production Ifedi has.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3aag8uvu said:
Cyrus12":3aag8uvu said:
If Ifedi can get 12 mill per year...god bless him..I'll drive him to the airport .

Be careful - with him in the car, you'll jump the gun on at least a couple of red lights.

:irishdrinkers: :2thumbs: :snack:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Paying him? How are we not flat out releasing the guy? He's awful. He's one of the worst RT's in the league.

mcbobly

Reaction score
HawkGA":1cwzpbis said:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/geoff-schwartz-someone-going-pay-182330915.html

More power to him, and I can certainly see him getting more money than Seattle is willing to pay. But the article even says he was rated 53rd out of 60. If he gets anything close to top dollar, it shows there is a flaw in the free agency system.
That worthless penalty magnet should have been traded long ago. He's a total bust, time to send him packing to get numerous penalties each game for another team.

kf3339

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2e75ksnr said:
Cyrus12":2e75ksnr said:
If Ifedi can get 12 mill per year...god bless him..I'll drive him to the airport .

Be careful - with him in the car, you'll jump the gun on at least a couple of red lights.
:2thumbs:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
knownone":36lleclh said:
Ifedi's PFF rankings don't make any sense when you dig into them.

He's technically an above average pass blocker when you remove pass blocking efficiency which tends to punish lineman who play with mobile QBs.

His run blocking grades are below average according to PFF, yet Seattle averages their highest YPC (5.7) behind Ifedi and the next closest is Fluker (4.3). This isn't a sample size issue either. They ran towards Ifedi the 2nd most times of anyone on the team.

I wouldn't feel great about paying Ifedi $12M. I do think he's worth keeping around if they can keep his number under $8M.
Knowing that George Fant often plays as a tight end on Iefedi's side may help disambiguate this for you.

When recording which lineman the RB is running behind, they don't include the tight end. Thus Iefedi's YPC numbers benefit from Fant's run blocking.

THE TABS

Reaction score
If we resign Ifedi, the offseason will be an epic failure, no matter what else is done. Committing to him long term would be a gigantic waste of cap dollars for a below average player.

I pray that the powers that be realizes that.

chris98251

Reaction score
THE TABS":dq8u1y0x said:
If we resign Ifedi, the offseason will be an epic failure, no matter what else is done. Committing to him long term would be a gigantic waste of cap dollars for a below average player.

I pray that the powers that be realizes that.

I can only hope they have a plan, our injured guys like Simmons and Knox, along with Haynes I hope are ready, we are really thin at Oline that have contracts right now.

kf3339

Reaction score
If someone is offering Ifedi $10M+ per year I would let him walk without any problem. That money can be used so much better than tying it up on him. He is somewhat better than when we drafted him, but not that much better. I honestly would rather use that money on the FA DL options and draft a RT on day two. There will be several very good choices who can step in and do no worse, and probably a lot better than Ifedi.

hburn21

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":z165blv6 said:
hburn21":z165blv6 said:
Offensive tackles get a good amount of money. Ifedi isn’t great but he’s better than a lot of right tackles, young and the cap is only going up. He’s going to get a good contract.

He's not better than a lot of RT's, he's worse.
I mean I’m not a fan of his but this is just wrong, he’s a decent level starter that will be over paid based on the lack of talent at offensive line across the league

SSH

Reaction score
Try to sign him to a contract with performance incentives, or let him go for the money elsewhere. If he goes for the money, find an adequate run blocker in FA and bring in some young blood via draft. Honestly, the drop off can't be that drastic. Even if replacement A or B can cut dwn on penalties, I see that as a positive.

Latest posts