Ifedi hurt

hawker84

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1ghbhvue said:
Putting Hunt at center and mlving Britt to RG should be fine and straight up replacing Ifedi with Webb shouldn't cause any major problems either.

Still hope he can come back soon though.

I don't want to see a rookie have to go up against Suh in his first game as a pro? Give me Webb and roll with that please. Plus Britt looks like he finally found a position he can be good in, leave him be.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I think "if Webb steps in" We keep our power run game. Webb is a monster and doesn't have a run blocking weakness. Where he has probs is in pass pro out on the corner. Hopefully he can step in and lean on some folks.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
As I'm seeing it:

LG: Replaced Britt for Glowinski: Upgrade
RG: Replaced Sweezy with Webb: Upgrade

Not too worried. Webb did play better at RG last year than at tackle.

It sucks that Ifedi got hurt. But I still think we're in a much better position as it stands today, post injury, in week one than we were in week 17 last year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Just heard on NFL Network that Ifedi will be out 3 weeks with the dreaded high ankle sprain. :229031_banghead:
There goes the improved interior protection for Russell....This offensive line is BY FAR our biggest weakness and I am really worried about Russ and staying healthy this season. Call me a negative Nancy or whatever....I just don't feel it this season. We have a good team but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't make the playoffs. Oh, and I really, really, want to be wrong and would love to eat crow on this.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well Andrea, we are stuck with the situation, but just use this way of looking at it. It would be very hard for this new OL to be worse than last years. We were 10-6 with 2 of those losses to the crappy Rams. One to a Cincy team that we had throttled in their house when they were 4-0 and we let em off the hook.

Were going to be ok.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Largent80":g87adftv said:
Well Andrea, we are stuck with the situation, but just use this way of looking at it. It would be very hard for this new OL to be worse than last years. We were 10-6 with 2 of those losses to the crappy Rams. One to a Cincy team that we had throttled in their house when they were 4-0 and we let em off the hook.

Were going to be ok.

We were also destroying Carolina until yet another 4th qtr collapse.

Defense needs to man up this season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":b0o5wpis said:
Just heard on NFL Network that Ifedi will be out 3 weeks with the dreaded high ankle sprain. :229031_banghead:
There goes the improved interior protection for Russell....This offensive line is BY FAR our biggest weakness and I am really worried about Russ and staying healthy this season. Call me a negative Nancy or whatever....I just don't feel it this season. We have a good team but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't make the playoffs. Oh, and I really, really, want to be wrong and would love to eat crow on this.

Wouldn't be so bad if we weren't playing really good D fronts to open the season.

Hawks should still win Sunday, but next week in LA to open the Rams back in LA? Holy moly, that could get ugly. What's the record for QB rollouts?

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
We will be fine with Webb, he did well with the 1st string in the preseason. It's a good thing we brought in a veteran for depth, imagine if we had a rookie backing up our rookie.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
As bad as our O-Line was to start the season last year:

--We took a lead into the 59th minute of the game at St. Louis before Dion Bailey fell down on that last minute touchdown pass
--We took a lead into the fourth quarter at Cincinnati that the defense could not hold
--We took a double-digit lead into the fourth quarter against the Panthers that the defense could not hold.

That's three losses that were due in large part to defensive breakdowns. I'm not putting it all in the defense--our offense couldn't do much in the fourth quarter of those games--but we had fourth quarter leads in all of those games with an offensive line that is objectively worse than the line we have now. Had we held onto those leads, the season as a whole would have played out much differently.

I'm not a fan of Webb but it looked like his biggest problem this preseason was playing in space at tackle. I've got to believe he'll be better inside than he was outside.

The first four games without Ifedi are going to be hard, no doubt. But we went to the Super Bowl in a year when Seattle was missing BOTH of its starting tackles for half of the season (and missing Max Unger for three games in that stretch as well.) No excuses. Seattle is still a better team than Miami, LA, San Francisco, and the New York Jets. I expect them to play like it.

drdiags

Reaction score
Buzzard's luck with the OL. We had rookie season injuries with Okung, Carpenter and Moffitt, the last two season ending. We need robots instead of humans playing this game. Oh well.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3v6mr5ji said:
As bad as our O-Line was to start the season last year:

--We took a lead into the 59th minute of the game at St. Louis before Dion Bailey fell down on that last minute touchdown pass
--We took a lead into the fourth quarter at Cincinnati that the defense could not hold
--We took a double-digit lead into the fourth quarter against the Panthers that the defense could not hold.

That's three losses that were due in large part to defensive breakdowns. I'm not putting it all in the defense--our offense couldn't do much in the fourth quarter of those games--but we had fourth quarter leads in all of those games with an offensive line that is objectively worse than the line we have now. Had we held onto those leads, the season as a whole would have played out much differently.

I'm not a fan of Webb but it looked like his biggest problem this preseason was playing in space at tackle. I've got to believe he'll be better inside than he was outside.

The first four games without Ifedi are going to be hard, no doubt. But we went to the Super Bowl in a year when Seattle was missing BOTH of its starting tackles for half of the season (and missing Max Unger for three games in that stretch as well.) No excuses. Seattle is still a better team than Miami, LA, San Francisco, and the New York Jets. I expect them to play like it.

Good post. I was a little worried about Webb but I think your assessment of him is pretty spot on. Its a downgrade but probably not catastrophic with the early schedule for sure.

naholmes

Reaction score
Webb will be fine. Just get out to an early lead and lean on the running game and defense. Losing one player will not ruin the season, especially not a rookie. It sucks that it happened right before the 1st game, I get that, but shit happens and let's leave it at that.

kearly

Reaction score
I feel bad for Hunt that his first real NFL test comes against Ndamukong Suh. And if Ifedi's injury lingers, Hunt's 2nd game will be against Aaron Donald.

I know Webb has had some issues, but he's got a lot of career experience at RG and tools wise he's similar to Ifedi. Just seems to make more sense to me to displace one OL instead of two. And while I like seeing Hunt play in a real game, I feel bad for him that he gets such ridiculously tough assignments right off the bat.

Seattle had better be ready to scheme around their OL this week.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I have to believe Webb gets the start at RG. If we can't trust him to back up one of his natural positions, what in the world did we pay him for?

Shuffling two guys to replace one and feeding Hunt to Suh cannot be the answer. This would go beyond getting cute. It'd be negligence.

2_0_6

Reaction score
kearly":hlu9rxbf said:
I feel bad for Hunt that his first real NFL test comes against Ndamukong Suh. And if Ifedi's injury lingers, Hunt's 2nd game will be against Aaron Donald.

I know Webb has had some issues, but he's got a lot of career experience at RG and tools wise he's similar to Ifedi. Just seems to make more sense to me to displace one OL instead of two. And while I like seeing Hunt play in a real game, I feel bad for him that he gets such ridiculously tough assignments right off the bat.

Is Hunt starting?

StoneCold

Reaction score
kearly":6yh5hye1 said:

Has anyone heard for certain that Hunt is playing? Seems odd they'd move two players to replace one. Especially when they have Webb how played RG all last year.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
kearly":2xxxtmod said:

Hunt isn't going to play. They're straight swapping Webb for Ifedi which I think is probably a net push or slight downgrade for right now. Ifedi has the upside and reps next to Britt all offseason for the sake of chemistry but he's still a rookie. Webb had 13 starts at RG last year for the Raiders although he got hammered by PFF for being one of the worst in the league (for however much weight you put there).

My worry now is the state we'll be in if anyone else gets injured. Next up, Hunt, Fant, and Odiambo.

brettb3

Reaction score
StoneCold":2th0339u said:
kearly":2th0339u said:

Has anyone heard for certain that Hunt is playing? Seems odd they'd move two players to replace one. Especially when they have Webb how played RG all last year.
No. I suspect they'll just slide Webb in at RG. It makes no sense to move Britt away from center at this point.

Vesuve

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2spcajvt said:
From Greg Bell on Twitter:

#Seahawks are adding RG Germain Ifedi to injury report as limited with ankle injury.

A bit Okungesque. :D

Latest posts