Ifedi hurt

Largent80

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1p0p1tcx said:
Largent80":1p0p1tcx said:
Is there a single person besides me that isn't concerned about the depth at the SAM position?

Yikes.

Not really, because Morgan has looked really solid, and they are going to be in the nickel a lot, which means Lane at nickel corner and Shead and Clark on the field.

So if Morgan gets hurt, we have only Marsh. I'm not cozy with that, and I'm not cozy with either one of them in coverage.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
I'm thinking Marsh will outplay Morgan but agree on both of them being weak pass covers. Too big.

Largent80

Reaction score
dogorama":2v120yr5 said:
hawknation2016":2v120yr5 said:
Largent80":2v120yr5 said:
Is there a single person besides me that isn't concerned about the depth at the SAM position?

Yikes.

Not really, because Morgan has looked really solid, and they are going to be in the nickel a lot, which means Lane at nickel corner and Shead and Clark on the field.

That, and the fact that we have been working on the Big Nickel 425 to address that and our weakness against TE's last year.

I think the idea of a big nickel 425 will end up being a 4:20 instead....Or we may all be doing 4:20 together..... :pimp:

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Largent80":2vuuhgju said:
hawknation2016":2vuuhgju said:
Largent80":2vuuhgju said:

Yikes.

So if Morgan gets hurt, we have only Marsh. I'm not cozy with that, and I'm not cozy with either one of them in coverage.

Yeah, if Morgan gets hurt, I would be a little more concerned because it limits what we can do with the position. Morgan has been solid covering the flat and holding the edge. As long as he remains healthy, we are OK. I wonder why they don't give Brock Coyle a chance at backup SLB. Big, strong dude who is decent in coverage and can probably keep contain. In the event that Morgan gets hurt, the position would probably be phased out somewhat with more nickel and/or Marsh just blitzing or playing the run.

Seymour

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2bsythub said:
I have to believe Webb gets the start at RG. If we can't trust him to back up one of his natural positions, what in the world did we pay him for?

Shuffling two guys to replace one and feeding Hunt to Suh cannot be the answer. This would go beyond getting cute. It'd be negligence.

This x 1 billion!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
kearly":18kyc09b said:
I feel bad for Hunt that his first real NFL test comes against Ndamukong Suh. And if Ifedi's injury lingers, Hunt's 2nd game will be against Aaron Donald.

I know Webb has had some issues, but he's got a lot of career experience at RG and tools wise he's similar to Ifedi. Just seems to make more sense to me to displace one OL instead of two. And while I like seeing Hunt play in a real game, I feel bad for him that he gets such ridiculously tough assignments right off the bat.

Seattle had better be ready to scheme around their OL this week.

Wait what? scheme around? Since when does this staff ever do this? We run the same plays regardless of who is on the field or the sidelines. Russ will just have to run for his life and save us as the same time. That's pretty much the extent of the adjustments this staff makes.

kearly

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1l8jhvk3 said:
Wait what? scheme around? Since when does this staff ever do this?

The second half of last season. Spread teams out, get the ball out quick.

kearly

Reaction score
What worries me more than replacing Ifedi is that it may displace Britt. Britt was terrible at guard, and Hunt may end up looking terrible at center against DTs who can physically overmatch him.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":1ukpdjz2 said:
What worries me more than replacing Ifedi is that it may displace Britt. Britt was terrible at guard, and Hunt may end up looking terrible at center against DTs who can physically overmatch him.

I think they keep Britt at C and put Webb at G.

Webb hinted at that on Twitter.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":awgnbbba said:
kearly":awgnbbba said:

I can't see why they'd displace two positions to replace one player. Yea, either Cable or Pete mentioned them sliding Britt over, but I honestly think it was to get Hunt some reps if Britt got hurt, and to troll the Dolphins.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1x2k477o said:
Largent80":1x2k477o said:

Yikes.

I heard on ESPN radio this morning that there was an interview with some DC's, and at least one of them surmised they would be in Nickle 60% of the time this year, being in base defense less than 25% of the time.

Add to the fact that we have 7 safeties on the roster, and no, I'm not too worried about Morgan and Marsh in coverage.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hawks46":3tenivb5 said:
FlyingGreg":3tenivb5 said:
kearly":3tenivb5 said:

I can't see why they'd displace two positions to replace one player. Yea, either Cable or Pete mentioned them sliding Britt over, but I honestly think it was to get Hunt some reps if Britt got hurt, and to troll the Dolphins.
Trolling for Dolpins - Winner!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Ifedi out with a significant high ankle sprain 4-6 weeks

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I have confidence in Hunt's technique and stout power. He would hold up fine. But they will likely go with Webb at RG.

dogorama

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":38320cwa said:
kearly":38320cwa said:

Makes more sense to me.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2l1xroiw said:
I have confidence in Hunt's technique and stout power. He would hold up fine. But they will likely go with Webb at RG.

I respectfully disagree. Hunt would get eaten alive if they threw him in the starting lineup on Sunday.