Ifedi hurt

mkamodo

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3uc4wit0 said:
As I'm seeing it:

LG: Replaced Britt for Glowinski: Upgrade
RG: Replaced Sweezy with Webb: Upgrade

Not too worried. Webb did play better at RG last year than at tackle.

It sucks that Ifedi got hurt. But I still think we're in a much better position as it stands today, post injury, in week one than we were in week 17 last year.

Okay dude , I've had enough . J.R Sweezy has been one of my top 5 favorite(didn't say best,settle down) seahawks the last couple years. The Bucks didn't sign him for 9.5 million of their cap space this year because Webb>Sweezy . Stop please for the love of GOD .. Sweezy was a beast in the run game , one of the greatest in the NFL .

McGruff

Reaction score
brettb3":6k29vhtg said:
StoneCold":6k29vhtg said:
kearly":6k29vhtg said:
I feel bad for Hunt that his first real NFL test comes against Ndamukong Suh. And if Ifedi's injury lingers, Hunt's 2nd game will be against Aaron Donald.

I know Webb has had some issues, but he's got a lot of career experience at RG and tools wise he's similar to Ifedi. Just seems to make more sense to me to displace one OL instead of two. And while I like seeing Hunt play in a real game, I feel bad for him that he gets such ridiculously tough assignments right off the bat.

Seattle had better be ready to scheme around their OL this week.

Has anyone heard for certain that Hunt is playing? Seems odd they'd move two players to replace one. Especially when they have Webb how played RG all last year.
No. I suspect they'll just slide Webb in at RG. It makes no sense to move Britt away from center at this point.

All we have that is concrete is a report from practice yesterday that when Ifedi went down, thye moved Britt and insert Hunt.

McGruff

Reaction score
Vesuve":31gmav37 said:
FlyingGreg":31gmav37 said:
From Greg Bell on Twitter:

#Seahawks are adding RG Germain Ifedi to injury report as limited with ankle injury.

A bit Okungesque. :D

When it happens 6 more times I'll go there. Until then, its just an injury.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Green3Hulk":27l5btk5 said:
Hawk_Nation":27l5btk5 said:
Green3Hulk":27l5btk5 said:
Ifedi is still an injured? Oh man. We are waste to draft him for 1st round. We should pass on him. That's suck. :(

Panic much?

Dude. He is injured because he is too weak or bust if he is still injured. It is clear. It is my opinion. Hope he should get health too quick. Let's pray for him.

Yes I emphatically agree-I too hope he should get health too quick!

Webb makes the most sense with his experience and run blocking strength. As others have said, only a mild downgrade due to his inconsistent pass protection. Not a big fan of the Hunt idea right now.

And please Bevell, given the situation, mix in hurry-up and the quick passing attack!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2f77tbct said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/773638207518879744[/tweet]

Yeah that hurts. Would have been nice to have a backup of his caliber right now.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
The dolphins d line was horrible last year and horrible this pre season. Every team ran down their throats in the pre season. They have a lot of individual talent, but it seems suh is such a dick, that he disrupts any continuity they could establish. From what other people have said, suh will be lining up over Glowinski anyway, which is ideal. He is the strongest lineman we have. The rest of those guys, though talented, don't stack up to Minnesotas line. I think we will be fine. In my mind, Webb has to start. Either on the right, or swing glow over to RG and have Webb at LG. We need webbs experience in there. He played good on both sides against dallas, and has gotten nothing but praise from coaches when he has been available. It was close enough between him and Gilliam at RT that they delayed anouncing the starter for a week to let it play out. I am making an assumption, but I imagine they went with youth, not skill between the two.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
It's clear as hell to all of us here that Webb is the right move for RG but we're ignoring the obvious temptation, the big opportunity Cable will see in it:

Insert (some frkkin rookie) convert project from the DL into that spot!

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
There are 25 other players I'd rank ahead of Ifedi as far as concern for the first 3-4 weeks of season.....he's a promising rookie, but not a deal breaker for the first quarter of the season. The only other starter that I would not lose any sleep over would be Mike Morgan and I'd rather have my rotation of running backs, Jimmy Graham, Jarran Reed, Tony McDaniel and the entire DL intact.

This is a deep roster with impact players....SEA will not miss Ifedi and this team will be better in November than September.

Plug Webb or Odahimbo in and leave Britt at Center, where he's been very good....it would be an emergency to move Britt back to guard where he struggled and attempt to start a rookie at Center.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1yoe00oo said:
Hawks46":1yoe00oo said:
Smelly McUgly":1yoe00oo said:
I don't find having Britt at C and rookie Ifedi at RT any more heart-attack inducing than having rookie Hunt at C and Britt at RG, to be honest.

Especially since Suh plays 3 tech, so he won't be lining up over RG and typically he'll line up in the 2 gap on the inside shoulder of the LG, or the 3 gap on the outside shoulder of the LG. Glowinski was going to have to deal with him either way.

What's scary is what this says about Gilliam. If they are willing to slide Britt over, that means they don't want Gilliam at RT to move Webb to RG. Webb had better tape at Guard than Tackle last year.

Gilliam is starting at RT. If they used Hunt at center, rather than have Webb replace Ifedi at RG, then that would say something (bad) about Webb.

Yea my bad. Last I had read, Webb was starting at RT, but I hadn't read any of the updated depth charts.

Hawks46

Reaction score
King Dog":sy3e3tyn said:
I watched all of Webb's Raider games at RG. He looked fine. Would be weird if he wasn't inserted there.

This. Webb played just fine at Guard. He's an above average Guard, and probably a good Guard in our system, which means he would've been the best Guard on the team last year.

Boycie

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3br876e6 said:
Just heard on NFL Network that Ifedi will be out 3 weeks with the dreaded high ankle sprain. :229031_banghead:
There goes the improved interior protection for Russell....This offensive line is BY FAR our biggest weakness and I am really worried about Russ and staying healthy this season. Call me a negative Nancy or whatever....I just don't feel it this season. We have a good team but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't make the playoffs. Oh, and I really, really, want to be wrong and would love to eat crow on this.

Didn't Okung start out this way?

dogorama

Reaction score
Wow! at 131 posts this thread scores high on the "I'm Freaking Out" meter, AND given that this amount of concern is directed at a rookie that has never played a single down in the NFL, speaks volumes.

Most people on this board have expressed confidence that this current version of the O-Line is better than last years. Is it? The only real evidentiary data we have on that is four preseason games where the primary focus was to evaluate, not for their ability to play in the NFL, but basically how they stack up against each other. It is impossible to evaluate them as NFL players when all they were doing is playing against other teams that were doing the same.

So, what do we really know about this O-Line? We know that the first unit is better than the second unit and that is about it. Of course it's fun to speculate, second-guess, and indulge in all forms of armchair coaching but we really don't know jack until this team has 2-3 games under their belt.

Edit: After spending three paragraphs stating the obvious I would also like to add that it might behoove Bevell to call less empty sets until we are satisfied that we can block the interior w/o Ifedi. Sacks are drive-killers.

Vesuve

Reaction score
McGruff":3h39j9y8 said:
Vesuve":3h39j9y8 said:
FlyingGreg":3h39j9y8 said:
From Greg Bell on Twitter:

#Seahawks are adding RG Germain Ifedi to injury report as limited with ankle injury.

A bit Okungesque. :D

When it happens 6 more times I'll go there. Until then, its just an injury.

True that. True. :D

Largent80

Reaction score
Is there a single person besides me that isn't concerned about the depth at the SAM position?

Yikes.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Largent80":2caxi0e5 said:
Is there a single person besides me that isn't concerned about the depth at the SAM position?

Yikes.
Behind Morgan and Marsh?

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Largent80":a6xe7a85 said:

Yikes.

Not really, because Morgan has looked really solid, and they are going to be in the nickel a lot, which means Lane at nickel corner and Shead and Clark on the field.

dogorama

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1ob3r0k1 said:
Largent80":1ob3r0k1 said:

Yikes.

Not really, because Morgan has looked really solid, and they are going to be in the nickel a lot, which means Lane at nickel corner and Shead and Clark on the field.

That, and the fact that we have been working on the Big Nickel 425 to address that and our weakness against TE's last year.