If You Were Schneider And The Broncos Called About Wilson...

OP
OP
U

u0087966

Reaction score
Damn! Guess I hit the hornet's nest on this one. I thought he'd be worth a 5th rounder. Twelve games prior, he was worth a lot more. He's dropping faster than crypto in a bear market. Looks like he's not even worth a free taco at Taco Bell's give-away day.

I was thinking it may be like a Randy Moss type situation when he was with the Raiders....just a bad fit with a team.

Echawks

Reaction score
None of this makes any sense.. I think I get where the OP is trying to go but this is just insane..

He spit on the fan base and anything we got was going to be a good deal because he wanted out as much as we did.. I loved Russell when he was here and before Ciara.

KinesProf

Reaction score
What possible reason would there be for the Seahawks to do this? They're younger, cheaper and better at QB.

The Broncos would have to include a lot of sweeteners to get someone to absolve them of that albatruss.

Torc

Reaction score
At this point if the Broncos flat out released him, I don't think he'd get more than a 'try me' one year contract on the open market. Someone would try him, for sure - there's always the coach that is going to think that they have the right system for him. But it'd be for bottom dollar.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
At this point if the Broncos flat out released him, I don't think he'd get more than a 'try me' one year contract on the open market. Someone would try him, for sure - there's always the coach that is going to think that they have the right system for him. But it'd be for bottom dollar.
I don't think he'd even get that. Unless he somehow rehabs himself as a Bronco next year, he will have effectively Kaepernicked himself.

HawkeyGoalie

Reaction score
Would you trade a 5th round pick and have the Broncos pay half of Russell Wilson's salary to take him back?

Has that bridge been burned or would you like a reunion at the right price?

Just curious is all.....don't know Wilson's value at this point.
Are you "asking for a friend"...from Denver?

HHawk121

Reaction score
The toxicity in the locker room is enough to send the call straight to voicemail, but... I don't think Russ is finished. He's clearly going through the five stages of grief right now. I think he's between anger and bargaining. He thought he was the only thing keeping the Seahawks relevant and believed all his own hype, ie let him cook, mr unlimited, soon to be gold jacket. He vastly undervalued his teammates contributions to him and his career. I think he'll eventually find his footing if he can rehabilitate his relationship as a teammate and not the golden boy he clearly believed himself to be.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
The Broncos just lost to a team that could only score 10 points on them.

I honestly just don't understand the point. What role are we bringing Russ here to fill? Backup to Geno? Insurance in case we can't re-sign Geno? We'd be better off running with Lock and whoever we get in the draft.

There is no benefit to bringing Russ here.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The toxicity in the locker room is enough to send the call straight to voicemail, but... I don't think Russ is finished. He's clearly going through the five stages of grief right now. I think he's between anger and bargaining. He thought he was the only thing keeping the Seahawks relevant and believed all his own hype, ie let him cook, mr unlimited, soon to be gold jacket. He vastly undervalued his teammates contributions to him and his career. I think he'll eventually find his footing if he can rehabilitate his relationship as a teammate and not the golden boy he clearly believed himself to be.
Great post. I was thinking just this thing today. What if #3 figures it out , takes a giant step back and humble himself.Of course he'd have to dedicate himself to get back in shape and reset his mind back to preparing himself to go against these defenses that also can't stand him.He's in a rough spot. Yes he's struggling...failing . Something he's never had to do as far as I know.There's a small part of me that hopes he can redeem himself (of course after this season) because he was our dude . A PC/JS acquisition that had his hands on the Lombardi . Almost twice.
But he's such a goofy dick.