If you didn't already hate the Camolina Panthers read this.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
This is how you know you've made it... when people are writing blogs about why they hate you.

We're in all their heads like a bad dream. Like last years playoff loss in Seattle, perhaps. Hate on haters.

:th2thumbs:

kobebryant

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vmzusdm said:
kearly":2vmzusdm said:
That was actually pretty entertaining, IMO it was better written than the Deadspin "why your team sucks" articles for our team. I was hoping it would go on longer.

Yeah it's just a Deadspin rip off, and I don't think it's half as good as what Drew Magary's writing for Deadspin.

Actually looks like some of it was ripped from Magary's work.

setha880

Reaction score
I'm from NC and I went to NC State when was Russell was there. I'm a Seahawks fan surrounded by Panther fans that seem to have a newly found arrogance after that regular season. That article was hilarious though, the UNC part was especially true. NC State fans still love Russell, he will forever be the qb I choose for one season over the two of Glennon. Troll articles can be fun when you have the context to appreciate the author's intentions.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Not sure how anyone thinks that is good writing. I get that it's satire and meant to be funny but it's just not. Humor is about subverting expectations and being truthful enough to connect with your audience. This is basically just a bunch of token pacific north west / new good team on the block amateur "burns".

Are you saying it's funny/good wiring because you really think so or are you saying it so that you can't get "you mad, bro'd" about it? I'm assuming you're saying it's good writing because you don't want to come off as butthurt about it. Because it's not good, it's tired click bait.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The picture caption "I hate this guy more than he looks like he hates himself" made me laugh pretty hard, but I'm not proud of it.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3kf8z5fn said:
Not sure how anyone thinks that is good writing. I get that it's satire and meant to be funny but it's just not. Humor is about subverting expectations and being truthful enough to connect with your audience. This is basically just a bunch of token pacific north west / new good team on the block amateur "burns".

Are you saying it's funny/good wiring because you really think so or are you saying it so that you can't get "you mad, bro'd" about it? I'm assuming you're saying it's good writing because you don't want to come off as butthurt about it. Because it's not good, it's tired click bait.

I think it's funny because it's lame and clumsily written. No one should take any of this too seriously.

themunn

Reaction score
North Carolina fans: Oh this guy. How frustrating is it to watch Wilson go off on your team for three years, transfer so you NEVER have to see him again, and he end up right back on the opposing side of a rivalry to haunt your favorite team for YEARS to come? To date, your favorite team is an astounding 1-7 against Wilson

:)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wierd super delayed double post from my phone maybe? That was strange.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1nuqiwgk said:

So good it needed to be said twice.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Paul Allen aspires to be John clayton. Gee, that's intelligent

NC state fans don't want Russell back cause he transferred. He can't go back, it's called "college graduate" which obviously this writer knows nothing about

Tool

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Eh, it doesn't make me hate the Panthers any more (and I don't hate them in the first place, really... they're a great rivalry).

It does make me feel a little sorry for the guy who wrote it, though. He's clearly angling for a Deadspin gig, but not clever enough to get it. Poor little guy.

seahawksny

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2ccejci7 said:
A Seahawks W would shut this turd up nicely.

No it won't..
If wE weren't successful, he wouldn't have written it.
Let him hate, the greatest revenge is our success last 4 years

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":vei2q525 said:
1. I don't hate the Panthers. I like Cam, Keuchly, Olsen, Davis, Norman and their style of play. They're fairly likeable, play like the Hawks, and seem to enjoy themselves out there much like the Hawks do.

2. This article is clearly satire, and somewhat funny. Much like the annual Deadspin pieces. Though exaggerated, there is a little truth in the blurb on Russ - great franchise qb, but a dull corporate robot.
No, Dean Martin's Celebrity Roasts were "Satire", and were hilarious, but this?, this wasn't even hinting at being either entertaining or funny.
AND, as to his character bashing of Russell Wilson?, this Butt-wipe wouldn't even recognize 'GENUINE' if it came up and bit him in the ass, I mean hey, we're talking about a write up from a Cam Newton fan for crap's sake.
I'm not the least bit riled up with his attempt at trying to create a rivalry that just isn't there, but I do recognize a bust at someone trying to be humorous with insults, and character assassination.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
kobebryant":mc2gqm73 said:
1. I don't hate the Panthers. I like Cam, Keuchly, Olsen, Davis, Norman and their style of play. They're fairly likeable, play like the Hawks, and seem to enjoy themselves out there much like the Hawks do.

2. This article is clearly satire, and somewhat funny. Much like the annual Deadspin pieces. Though exaggerated, there is a little truth in the blurb on Russ - great franchise qb, but a dull corporate robot.

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Let me say that the reasons given in that link are as irrational as most of the reasons to hate the Panthers I've seen on this forum.

To be completely honest. 100% HONEST, Seahawks are easier to hate than the Panthers. For one, everyone hates a good team. We've been to b2b SB's. While we love Sherm, he was considered the most annoying and loud mouth player in his first few years in the league (he's settled down since then). Doug Baldwin was obnoxious up until this year. Taking the celebratory dump on the football in the SB was the last straw. And then of course there is the "Pete The Cheat" thing. As a die-hard UW Football fan, everyone in Seattle called him a cheater up until he came to coach the Hawks. It's the truth.

Now I don't understand the hate that RW gets. Because he loves God you have to hate him? Ok.....The entire PED hate a couple years ago was ridiculous as well. So our guys took some Aderall, big deal. But everything from the above paragraph is hate I can understand for our team.

And let me say this, it's very hard for me to hate the Panthers. Yes Cam can be douchey at times, but every football team has that type of player. And Cam has exceeded all our expectations, so I give him credit for how much improvement he has made each year in the NFL. And it's hard to hate their other studs like Kuechly, Olson and Norman. And their coach is a pretty hard-nose likable guy unlike a Harbough or a Chip Kelly.

Chapow

Reaction score
What the hell? Some of you guys are actually taking that article seriously? Lighten up guys, it was clearly a joke.

I'm with Kearly on this one. I thought it was pretty funny.