If we win out at the CLink, we are Super Bowl bound

pocketprotector

Reaction score
C-Dub":1u7of7tq said:
pocketprotector":1u7of7tq said:
C-Dub":1u7of7tq said:
According to 2:
SEA would have tiebreaker over Detroit with common games (Arizona [Detroit loss], Vikings, New York, Tampa).

In the win at home, lose on the road 13-3 Tie scenarios, SEA will lose the New York game that is credited here as a win.
Good point. Then it would be SOV, which they would hold.

Also CAR could end up 13-3. But we'd have tiebreaker over them with conference.
Carolina would have lost to SEA(NFC), ARI(NFC), and BUF(AFC)
Seattle would have lost to IND(AFC), SF(NFC), and NYG(NFC)
Detroit would have lost to ARI(NFC), GB(NFC), CIN(AFC)

A three way tie by that step

bestfightstory

Reaction score
AceBoogie715":39xm8vib said:
SacHawk2.0":39xm8vib said:
Has any QB ever been undefeated at home in their first two seasons?

Great question. Does anyone know how to find this out?

I know the answer. Look it up for yourself.

C-Dub

Reaction score
pocketprotector":u56qj1nm said:
C-Dub":u56qj1nm said:
pocketprotector":u56qj1nm said:
C-Dub":u56qj1nm said:
According to 2:
SEA would have tiebreaker over Detroit with common games (Arizona [Detroit loss], Vikings, New York, Tampa).

In the win at home, lose on the road 13-3 Tie scenarios, SEA will lose the New York game that is credited here as a win.
Good point. Then it would be SOV, which they would hold.

Also CAR could end up 13-3. But we'd have tiebreaker over them with conference.
Carolina would have lost to SEA(NFC), ARI(NFC), and BUF(AFC)
Seattle would have lost to IND(AFC), SF(NFC), and NYG(NFC)
Detroit would have lost to ARI(NFC), GB(NFC), CIN(AFC)

A three way tie by that step
Shit. Yeah. So SOV would likely put us in last between the three.

So in summary....

SEA, DET, NO, CAR and SF could all end up 13-3.

***NO and SF play each other. NO and CAR play each other twice.

CAR can win the division if they win out.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace
We'd hold the tiebreaker to SF from common games assuming we end up tied and lose to them.

The five scenarios are 1. DET, NO, SEA , 2. DET, SEA, 3. DET, CAR, SEA , 4. NO, SEA, and 5. CAR, SEA.

According to 1:
NO would have the best conference record. With SEA and DET having lost 2 within conference. SEA would have tiebreaker over Detroit with common games (Arizona [Detroit loss], Vikings, New York, Tampa). But if SEA loses to NYG, then DET has tiebreaker over SEA with SOV.

According to 2:
SEA would have tiebreaker over Detroit with common games (Arizona [Detroit loss], Vikings, New York, Tampa). But if SEA loses to NYG, then DET has tiebreaker over SEA with SOV.

According to 3:
SEA would have tiebreaker from best conference record. But if SEA loses to NYG, then DET and CAR have tiebreaker over SEA with SOV.

According to 4:
SEA would have tiebreaker if they beat NO and vice versa.

According to 5:
SEA would have tiebreaker.

That sum it up correctly, Pocket?

pocketprotector

Reaction score
C-Dub":mn54qxjd said:
Shit. Yeah. So SOV would likely put us in last between the three.

They would tie (all 4-1) against the common opponents of TB, NYG, MIN, and ARI.

Carolina would almost certainly win SOV with two wins over the Saints, and a win over SF and NE.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
The Win at home, finish 13-3 Scenarios. SF is not involved in any of these tie breakers because division ties are handled first.

1) [DET,NO,SEA] NO would have number 1 seed. The second and third seeds would be decided between DET and SEA by best SOV.

2) [SEA,DET] The first and second seeds would be decided between DET and SEA by best SOV.

3) [DET,SEA,CAR] First, second and third seed decided by SOV. Likely CAR finishes number 1.

4) [NO,SEA] SEA gets 1 seed

5) [CAR,SEA ] SEA gets 1 seed

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":u2n9t6v4 said:
This is all assuming a whole lotta 13-3 ties, which I don't see. Also it all assumes a perfect record for a lotta other teams, and a bad skid for the number one team in the NFC.

I honestly feel like we clinched HFA after this week. I know not logically but feeling, yep its clinched, beat NO end all talk of anything.

Geologic

Reaction score
Don't be so cocky. We almost lost to Tampa Bay at home. The season is looking good but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Geologic":w77wc3ex said:
Don't be so cocky. We almost lost to Tampa Bay at home. The season is looking good but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Mmm yes, it will hurt the Seahawks if the fans get cocky on a message board...

kearly

Reaction score
Tshirt rf2051a8f6642496586cb17c6212c8772 va6l9 512

The Seahawks, non-ironic version. You can print them now.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3mgzew75 said:
We aren't losing at both NY AND SF, but, yes.

I agree, but we also aren't guaranteed to win out at home. NO is looking damned tough. Not saying we're going to lose, but this is one game that's not a guaranteed win.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
pocketprotector":2s8ujgxf said:
The Win at home, finish 13-3 Scenarios. SF is not involved in any of these tie breakers because division ties are handled first.

1) [DET,NO,SEA] NO would have number 1 seed. The second and third seeds would be decided between DET and SEA by best SOV.

2) [SEA,DET] The first and second seeds would be decided between DET and SEA by best SOV.

3) [DET,SEA,CAR] First, second and third seed decided by SOV. Likely CAR finishes number 1.

No, NO would not have the number 1 seed because under that scenario, we beat them head to head, which eliminates them from the #1 seed. Then DET and SEA by best SOV.

In short, it'd be better to lose one at home vs St. L., AZ, or Minn. and beat NYG than the other way around.

Exittium

Reaction score
best scenario, and well most likely, (I hope) Win it all from here out, and we won't have to worry about any 13-3 tie crud

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Just win the next 3 and we are fine. I think its about 85% certain we win the Vikings game. I think we probably win the Saints game and the niner game is at tossup.

12-1 with wins in the season against the Panthers, Saints, and 49ers should seal up #1

Assuming we win the Vikings game and go 10-1:

The 49ers will be 6-4 or 7-3
Saints will be 7-3 or 8-2

I dont think there is really any worst case scenario for us here. If the Saints win we are still 2 wins ahead of them and if we beat them the following week to go 11-1 putting them at 9-3 they will need to have 1 more win than us at the end to beat us in tiebreakers. They would pretty much have to go 4-0 at that point to beat us for homefield.

I think I will be rooting for the Saints to win next week because that will put the Niners at 6-4. I would feel pretty safe having 4 more wins than them going into our bye.

To break it down easy for the games against the Saints and 49ers at current records.

We beat the Saints they are effectively 4 wins behind us. If we lose only 1 win behind us
We beat the 49ers they are effectively 5 wins behind us. If we lose only wins behind us

These are really the only 2 games that matter

Having #1 is great but I want to make sure we win the Divison more than Anything. If we lose the Division we are going to be a wildcard and probably get zero home games

Dismas

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1ql40ib0 said:
Has any QB ever been undefeated at home in their first two seasons?
Since Russell was the first rookie to go undefeated at home, I am guessing he would be the first QB to win all home games in his first 2 seasons as well.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1mgvtv9r said:
pocketprotector":1mgvtv9r said:

No, NO would not have the number 1 seed because under that scenario, we beat them head to head, which eliminates them from the #1 seed. Then DET and SEA by best SOV.

In short, it'd be better to lose one at home vs St. L., AZ, or Minn. and beat NYG than the other way around.

No, the win over the Saints would not be used as a tiebreaker because the Saints and Lions do not play.