If they call our games like the GB/SF game

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
seahawksny":u2gonfbu said:
I disagree. Sf getting away with a lot of cheap shots that they are ignoring
Toward the end of the game I saw #94 punch at Lacey?
Anyone see that? Full on fist punch. I saw it again on the replay and Aikeman said nada.

Hawkman80

Reaction score
It won't make me mad as much if Sherman gets called for a so-called "phantom" PI call than if when the Seahawks score & there a holding call against the offense especially if it's at a crucial moment in the game.

I see the team having more control and responsibility in situations similar to the latter than the former.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3dv46qlx said:
seahawksny":3dv46qlx said:
I disagree. Sf getting away with a lot of cheap shots that they are ignoring
Toward the end of the game I saw #94 punch at Lacey?
Anyone see that? Full on fist punch. I saw it again on the replay and Aikeman said nada.
I think he was trying to get the ball out, but in the replay it looked more like a junk punch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, was nice to see them let a team play a little. Of course, seems strange that a bunch of Packers players magically kept going out of the game with knee injuries.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up too high. Most of those teams weren't penalized very heavily in the regular season. None of the playoff teams we saw this weekend were in the top 10 in most penalized teams in the league. Indy was the least penalized, Green Bay ranked 26th. Of the 8 teams that played this weekend, Cincinnati was the most penalized at #14.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
It's the unspoken rule of the postseason. I hope they let us play, because we're good at straddling that line. But if they don't, I just hope that they call it consistently, instead of allowing us to bump and rub on first and second downs only to bail out the other team on the money down.

They were really eating the whistles on pretty much all of the games I saw. Bodes well for us.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":tfj4fyjq said:
It's the unspoken rule of the postseason. I hope they let us play, because we're good at straddling that line. But if they don't, I just hope that they call it consistently, instead of allowing us to bump and rub on first and second downs only to bail out the other team on the money down.

They were really eating the whistles on pretty much all of the games I saw. Bodes well for us.

Exactly. Refs are told to keep it quiet unless it's blatant, because NOBODY wants to be the ref that makes the call that changes the face of the playoffs. They would be the figurehead held up for what has been a crap year of officiating.

That said, I felt the game calling was very balanced. Fans on both sides I'm sure will pick out a million examples of their team being wronged, heck I know we do, but that was a well done game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The track record with the refs over the past 10 years or so is to "let them play" during the playoffs. Unfortunately as we found out in 2005, it doesn't translate to the Super Bowl. For some reason the league likes to run a tight penalty ship for the SB, and that'll be 10 fold if we get there and have to play the Broncos or Patriots with everybody peeing all over Brady or Manning getting one more ring.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have no doubt that the Hawks will have to play thru NUMEROUS bad calls. It's part of being the Seahawks, and playing aggressive like they do. But, they'll play thru it and win.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
If we just play our game it should not be close enough where we have to worry about a few calls. Anyway I like how they called the game yesterday (9ers/GB). I thought it was pretty fair both ways.

Latest posts