If The Seahawks Beat The Broncos

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2pzsyumk said:
Is it wrong to be super arrogant about this team?:

If you wanna crown em! Crown em!

I'm going to hold off on getting over the top confident until I see how our O-Line and D-Line play on the road. Can we continue the streak of being a good road team? Because that's what separates the good from the great in the NFL.

I think we can, I just don't like being too over confident after one game, because we don't know how good GB is yet.

gulliver

Reaction score
piston bully":fwvzp39s said:
As they were signing off yesterday the sunday night football crew quickly talked about the donkeys next game saying that they should win it. then Right after that the other announcer said but you know who and where they play next. As the show was going black you could hear all the hosts say "Good luck with That".
That's awesome LOL

gulliver

Reaction score
Cartire":1ebx22sv said:
glowingeyedseahawk":1ebx22sv said:
.....Guys, the Chargers FIRST - - please...... :229031_banghead:

1 & 0 each week :icon_new:

Got it. Ill keep focus so I dont get ahead of myself and lose the game for us.....

Oh wait, im a fan with no impact on the mindset of the team. Maybe they can keep that mentality, Ill keep on keepin on.
Yeah I don't get the "STOP TALKING ABOUT 2 WEEKS FROM NOW" fan argument.

If I'm really reaching, you could say that if too many of us are talking about it online, that gets the 'analysts' interested and they start talking about it, it goes out to all of social media and now the players are drawn in, and the Denver game (e.g.) becomes bigger to them than the SD game.

jdblack

Reaction score
We only blow out the Broncos if our pass rush gets to Manning like in the Super Bowl. More NASCAR packages than we used against Rodgers, and probably a heavier emphasis on the run game to help keep our pass rushers rested.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think Peyton will have 2TD and 2INT playing us, the preseason game they game planned for us to get the taste of losing in the Superbowl. Bronco fans can have that preseason win where we didn't have Lynch or Harvin playing. They are going to be in a rude awakening.

Treghc

Reaction score
I definitely expect a closer game this time around. I still say we win by 10, though.

Our Defense:
I see Manning challning Burley a lot. Sanders is one fast mofo and possibly a good matchup for Denver to exploit. Of course, Burley does have two weeks to get further in the system and condition himself, but we shall see what happens. I also expect to see Manning attempt a couple of deeper throws in the first half. His arm may not be the strongest, but his placement is as close to perfect as you could ask for. Fortunately for us, we have the DB's who can stretch out and stop those completions. It's also been reported all preseason long that Denver wants to run the ball more. I expect to see that against our defense, seeing as our strong suit really is against the passing game. Lastly, I have an inkling that Denver will, for some reason, try to stick with screen plays throughout the game. Doubt it will work though.

Offense:
Here's where I think we will really shine. Harvin is going to be used throughout, but I have a felling he won't actually get the ball on many of the sweep plays. I see him being more involved in the pass game (TE post routes, anyone?), but I also see Denver looking to hunt the guy down. But by keeping Denver focused on him, Lynch is going to have a good game. I actually think we may be game planning with our first two games to get them thinking we'll be spreading the field horizontally all day long against them, but we'll actually be throwing in a number of deeper plays to keep them honest and balanced. Again, this opens up Lynch. Of course, why not try out the horizontal game to see how effective it is.

Jeez... having Harvin really opens up our offense. You really just can't prepare for anything we can do.

Seattle 35
Denver 23

MileHighFish

Reaction score
Treghc":2aq85tzj said:
I definitely expect a closer game this time around. I still say we win by 10, though.

Our Defense:
I see Manning challning Burley a lot. Sanders is one fast mofo and possibly a good matchup for Denver to exploit. Of course, Burley does have two weeks to get further in the system and condition himself, but we shall see what happens. I also expect to see Manning attempt a couple of deeper throws in the first half. His arm may not be the strongest, but his placement is as close to perfect as you could ask for. Fortunately for us, we have the DB's who can stretch out and stop those completions. It's also been reported all preseason long that Denver wants to run the ball more. I expect to see that against our defense, seeing as our strong suit really is against the passing game. Lastly, I have an inkling that Denver will, for some reason, try to stick with screen plays throughout the game. Doubt it will work though.

Offense:
Here's where I think we will really shine. Harvin is going to be used throughout, but I have a felling he won't actually get the ball on many of the sweep plays. I see him being more involved in the pass game (TE post routes, anyone?), but I also see Denver looking to hunt the guy down. But by keeping Denver focused on him, Lynch is going to have a good game. I actually think we may be game planning with our first two games to get them thinking we'll be spreading the field horizontally all day long against them, but we'll actually be throwing in a number of deeper plays to keep them honest and balanced. Again, this opens up Lynch. Of course, why not try out the horizontal game to see how effective it is.

Jeez... having Harvin really opens up our offense. You really just can't prepare for anything we can do.

Seattle 35
Denver 23

Great post Treghc and agree on your analysis. What surprised me the most watching the game versus the Colts was how winded the Denver defense appeared to get in the second half... I understand they were on the field way too much. Coach Fox's "play to win" strategy is very frustrating. The Broncos seem to push early and then relax late. Very frustrating as a fan.

It will be very difficult for Denver to match Seattle blow for blow if they cannot establish a running game. Ball looked ok last night. Better then last season at least but Seattle's offense can hurt opponents in so many ways. I was a Harvin doubter but am now a believer. The guy opens things up in both the passing and running games. Lynch is well, Lynch. Wilson can throw with the best of them as well as run when needed.

Going to be very interesting in seeing how this game unfolds but I would say Seattle by 10 - 13 points isn't out of the question. Hoping for a Broncos win but not against giving credit when credit is due. Right now the Seahawks have earned it. Best of luck this weekend and looking forward to the match up in two weeks!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
TheHawkster":33yjd2po said:
Did anyone else think Peyton got hurt tonight?
All the sudden in the third qtr, he started spraying balls all over the place.
He was missing guys that he never misses and was way off.

Something had to be hurting.
I thought the same thing but for a different reason. They showed him tossing the ball on the sideline in the second half and he was wincing when he threw. It was obvious he was in pain.

Hawks46

Reaction score
After watching the Donks play:

I agree with many here saying that their defense seemed tired.

They say they want to run the ball more, but there was no evidence of that against the Colts. Matter of fact, they looked to go away from the run a lot. We all know how that's going work out for them up here.

Denver and Manning rely way too much on audibles and communication. They thought the SB was loud ? Like Nicholson said in Batman "wait till they get a load of me."

Maxwell and Sherman pretty much erased their top 2 WRs. I don't see that changing much. If Maxwell can handle D. Thomas, and we can handle J. Thomas (which we did fine the last time) we can roll Safety or LB help over to help out Burley if needed. Manning is just like any other QB: if he ignores the right side, it makes it that much easier to defend the rest of the field, and I don't see Manning challenging Sherm.

I'm interested to see how their DL handles our improved OL. They did a good job shutting down the run in the SB, but our OL looks a ton better now. SD won't be a good test for our OL in the run game, I think, so the one area I can see Denver testing us is our run game.