If The Seahawks Beat The Broncos

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Denver's defense looked somewhat better than before, but they looked gassed in the second half. I don't think they'll perform better offensively in Seattle than at a neutral site, so single digits is very likely. We, on the other hand, should be able to rack up points in the high 20's. I mean, you can't count on a pick 6, kickoff return or fluke safety. Seattle 30 Denver 10 because I'm feeling generous.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Broncos provide no real drama in Seattle. The game won't be much different than the Super Bowl. It may not be quite that spread but ultimately that is a team that simply cannot compete with us at our level...ESPECIALLY at our house.

The AFC wishes they could compete with the elite of the NFC. Girl, please. :177692:

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Did anyone else think Peyton got hurt tonight?
All the sudden in the third qtr, he started spraying balls all over the place.
He was missing guys that he never misses and was way off.

Something had to be hurting.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This really wasn't about putting the Broncos on a pedestal, but to me they just look like the toughest team to beat in our first 11 weeks.

I know one week at time and tried hard to follow that in my head but none of the teams in our first 10 games scare me to believe that we can lose.

I still don't know what SD looks like but I think our 10 days of preparation will beat their 6.

I just feel after watching some of these games (and I know that will change) that we will be heavy favorites in every match-up with only Denver with an outside chance of upsetting us and understandably that's slim at best.

We did go 9-1 last year with an unstable O-Line and no Harvin.

Add a stable O-Line and a healthy Harvin and the Seahawks look practically unbeatable.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
one game at a time, but I see us handling the Broncs at home.

glad that the boys get 9 days to rest up, although it doesnt make up for the crappy bye week schedule.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":p3fhzhzo said:
Pandion Haliaetus":p3fhzhzo said:
I realistically think the team could easily be 10-0 by the time they play the toughest part of their schedule.

Broncos ain't shit. That one will be a laugher. Over by the 3rd quarter. They have no shot at beating us at the CLink. None.
I agree with this analysis. Denver ain't beatin' us at home.
San Diego might give us a tussle since it's on the road and all. Otherwise before we get to that mostly in division stretch at the end I don't see a loss unless we don't show up mentally. Maybe in Carolina since their defense is still plenty good?

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2kabpd8w said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2kabpd8w said:
I realistically think the team could easily be 10-0 by the time they play the toughest part of their schedule.
I figure 11-0 but yeah. Seriously have you seen anything from Denver to see them beat us or the 49ers?

Did you see the first half of yesterday's Bronco game, looks like they have improved. It will be a much closer game but I think the Hawks will win.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2zxmfac0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2zxmfac0 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2zxmfac0 said:
I figure 11-0 but yeah. Seriously have you seen anything from Denver to see them beat us or the 49ers?

Did you see the first half of yesterday's Bronco game, looks like they have improved. It will be a much closer game but I think the Hawks will win.

A game is 4 quarters long. Denver looked tired and old in the second half.

Hawks46

Reaction score
solekeeper":15nref2p said:
You guys sound a bit naive, broncos will have a better game plan this time around. D is a bit better. I love my Hawks, but this one will not be a laugher by any means. I say we win by 10 or so.

The only thing that really worries me about that game is the situation with our Nickle corner. Burley could end up looking better, but if he doesn't improve a little bit, Manning will find that matchup and wear it out. He doesn't care if one guy has 5 TD's and 300 yards, he does what it takes to win.

That said, I'm not impressed with their "improved defense" and their offensive game plan doesn't look any different (it shouldn't, it's incredibly efficient, but it also plays to the strengths of our defense). If he dinks and dunks all game, they're going to be down at least one more WR.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Manning is going to get his yards. D. Thomas is going to make some hay over on the right side. E Sanders is going to make Burley look girlie, at least a bit.

I think those are given items. But no one will hear Peyton yell Omaha. Peyton will get a couple of offsides early on with his little hand shake thing he gets away with, which is his only hope of slowing the rush. Ball will give up the ball, we know he has butterfingers. Denver know they have to get a couple of deep passes early, but can they? Denver knows they need to knock Percy out of the game, Ward will be head hunting, hopefully that first jet sweep is a fake because Denver should be sitting on that play. I expect some robber zones on the left side, Peyton will be looking to go after the back shoulder play. And most of all, Seattle will give up those short crossers knowing our enforcers can deliver pain after the catch. Seattle will blow up a couple of those trips screens early on too.

Will it be closer? Probably. Denver put up the 30 plus they likely need to win? I really doubt it. One thing about Denver we know for sure. They don't have the personnel or the will to just line up and try to physically whip the Seattle D. Which is why they will lose. Again.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Manning is an excellent regular season quarterback, and a terrible post season QB. So the spread will be closer.

But you can't tell me Seattle doesn't remember how they played during the preseason, and it's going to be at home. Denver may come out hot early; they won't end the game that way.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
The way to beat the donks has not changed. Luck and the colts got themselves in their normal hole early in the game w/ the ints. The colts D played soft and loose in first half seemingly incapable of generating a pass rush. If you can not pressure Peyton and disrupt his timing w/ his WR's he will tear you up. His decision making, reads, and release are so fast the ball is gone before the pass rushers could even get close to him. Lacking decent pass rushers, they resorted to playing zone and blitzing = fail.

After halftime the colts seemed to shift to more aggressive DB play and press/disrupt the WR's routes. This throws the timing off and buys that few extra seconds for your pass rush to get Peyton off his spot and we all know how that works for him. Passes become ducks off their marks. Also, his WR's seem to not do well if the catches are contested and they are hit when they are making the catches (alligator arms).

A big difference is who has the personnel to accomplish that style of D. The colts were almost able to come back and the donks could hardly do anything in the 2nd half because of that. Now, if they had our LOB and pass rushers what do you think would have happened. First of all, we would have played them that way the whole game. I don't see the donks scoring more than 1 or 2 td's against our D and our O carves them up once again. We have the speed (Harvin), the power (Lynch) and the brain (Wilson) to make that D look "pedestrian".

I think the donks D is slightly improved but the results will be similar, somewhere in the 30-10 type of game.

Go Hawks.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think what needs to be pointed out is the Bronco's 1st ROAD game of the year will be in the CLINK. They play this weekend at home as well. They thought the Super Bowl was loud, wait until they experience the 12th man during the regular season. It will severely impact their offense.

I see no way that Seattle doesn't handle them, like they handled GB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Broncos secondary looked much improved last night, but their D Line is old and tired, and their LB's are already falling like flies..........which means Beast Mode should run for 150 and 3 TD's at the Clink.

45Hawker

Reaction score
Demarcus Ware looked scary fast, and disruptive last night. I worry about Britt being able to handle him.

Melencause

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":jhcxxaxn said:
Pandion Haliaetus":jhcxxaxn said:

Nope. Even game one the Broncos D was very subpar in the second half. I haven't seen a team out there that looks like they can beat us.

Which sucks, because we "have" to lose a couple games so any loss is just going to be hugely subpar play on the hawks part.

piston bully

Reaction score
As they were signing off yesterday the sunday night football crew quickly talked about the donkeys next game saying that they should win it. then Right after that the other announcer said but you know who and where they play next. As the show was going black you could hear all the hosts say "Good luck with That".

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Is it wrong to be super arrogant about this team?

Honestly this offense clicks now, no reason we can't go 16-0. Remember last year when our offense was still figuring out what the hell it was doing and we still finished 13-3. :thirishdrinkers:

Cartire

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":2wjjvx1v said:
.....Guys, the Chargers FIRST - - please...... :229031_banghead:

1 & 0 each week :icon_new:

Got it. Ill keep focus so I dont get ahead of myself and lose the game for us.....

Oh wait, im a fan with no impact on the mindset of the team. Maybe they can keep that mentality, Ill keep on keepin on.