If the playoffs started today (they don't)

Ninerg

Reaction score
AceBoogie715":18j84z0o said:
The 49ers have the Jaguars next game, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the 49ers a run for their money. Gus Bradley has them still competing, despite being winless. They also have the Saints in New Orleans week 11. That could potentially be a loss. However, I digress...I highly doubt that the 49ers and Seahawks will finish the season with the same record.

But hypothetically if we do, I have no problem with us going into Dallas who Stephen A. Smith calls "an accident waiting to happen."

You mean like Tennessee gave the Seahawks in Seattle a tough game and got thoroughly dominating by the Niners in their own stadium.

Don't count on the Jags beating the Niners. LOL

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Ninerg":2g29tv9l said:
AceBoogie715":2g29tv9l said:
The 49ers have the Jaguars next game, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the 49ers a run for their money. Gus Bradley has them still competing, despite being winless. They also have the Saints in New Orleans week 11. That could potentially be a loss. However, I digress...I highly doubt that the 49ers and Seahawks will finish the season with the same record.

But hypothetically if we do, I have no problem with us going into Dallas who Stephen A. Smith calls "an accident waiting to happen."

You mean like Tennessee gave the Seahawks in Seattle a tough game and got thoroughly dominating by the Niners in their own stadium.

Don't count on the Jags beating the Niners. LOL

Yeah kind of like how the Seahawks went down to the wire with the Colts and they thoroughly embarrassed your Niners at home

JesterHawk

Reaction score
0 teams are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs right now and there are 10 weeks of football left. Doesn't it feel a little bit early to discuss this?

Don't get me wrong, we can certainly feel good about our chances to get in, but to be talking about likely seeding and how we feel about matchups 10 weeks before the end of the regular season seems silly.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
JesterHawk":p7ua0wfo said:
0 teams are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs right now and there are 10 weeks of football left. Doesn't it feel a little bit early to discuss this?

Don't get me wrong, we can certainly feel good about our chances to get in, but to be talking about likely seeding and how we feel about matchups 10 weeks before the end of the regular season seems silly.

Then don't participate. Duh.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2amnlfo4 said:
Cobb will be back, though, around Week 15/16. He'll be ready for the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm thinking that, unless Marc Trestman really is a QB genius, the Bears are done. That would leave:

DAL, GB, DET, SEA, SF, NO

as the six clear teams that look like they are making the playoffs. Then it comes down to who will make a second-half surge. I think WAS and ATL are the best candidates for that role, but do you see ATL threatening NO at this point (or actually even making that run)? Washington is about the only team that could knock off either Dallas or one of the two Wild Cards. So basically, we likely have our field set except for seeding.

I could easily see Carolina taking the #6 seed at 9-7 but I think Detroit has a legit shot at getting to 10-6. If i were Green Bay at the #3 seed I be rooting against Carolina because if Kapernick can tear their defense apart I think Newton who has been play the best football of his career could do the same.

Carolina remaining games (W) vs. Falcons (2-4), (L) at 49ers (5-2), (L) vs. Patriots (5-2), (W) at Dolphins (3-3), (W) vs. Buccaneers (0-6), (L) at Saints (5-1), (W) vs. Jets (4-3), (L) vs. Saints (5-1), (W) at Falcons (2-4)

Detroit remaining games vs. (L) Cowboys (4-3), (W) at Bears (4-3), (L) at Steelers (2-4), (W) vs. Buccaneers (0-6), (L) vs. Packers (4-2), (W) at Eagles (3-4), (L) vs. Ravens (3-4), (W) vs. Giants (1-6), (W) at Vikings (1-5)

My projections are

#1 Sea 14-2
#2 NO 14-2
#3 GB 12-4
#4 DAL 11-5
#5 SF 13-3
#6 CAR/DET 9-7

Wildcard

#5 SF @ #4 DAL - SF win
#6 CAR/DET @ #3 GB -GB win

Divisional Round
#5 SF @ #1 SEA - SEA Win
#3 GB @ #2 NO - NO Win

NFCCG - #2 NO @ #1 SEA

Looks like Monday Dec 2nd is preview of the NFCCG!!!