If Diggs out for an extended period.....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
get used to the soft zone folks cuz I believe that's what the Hawks will play almost exclusively. I don't think there's a chance in hell Pete trusts McD enough to run man in front of him assuming he moves to FS and Blair plays SS.

The offense will definitely need to score at least 30 ppg from this point forward imo, if Diggs is out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That’s why the offense is going to have to score on almost every drive and I’m not talking FG’s.

sutz

Reaction score
I think we should be able to survive the Cardinals without Diggs, but I'd hate for him to miss SF.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":hbrk7qzn said:
I think we should be able to survive the Cardinals without Diggs, but I'd hate for him to miss SF.
If he isn’t playing or does and isn’t close to 100% the Niners will likely score at will or close to it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Diggs should be held out vs. AZ. Their defense is terrible and this offense should have no problem outscoring them.

Getting these youngsters valuable game experience is simply invaluable. Barton and BBK at LB?...It's a possibility for one week at least.

Largent80

Reaction score
BBK played yesterday, only 2 snaps but also on ST. If Wagner is out he will get a lot more with Barton sliding to MLB

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":1v18q1i5 said:

Until we know if it's a high ankle sprain or not, it's hard to speculate how long Diggs will be out.

Unfortunately the ankle boot is a bad sign, that's the tell tail sign of a high ankle sprain...........and that's a 4-6 week rehab usually.

I also am super worried, because Diggs was the missing piece on getting the defense right, and now we're back to Hill and soft base defense. Not good going into the playoffs.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, we have Blair and Amadi. A larger concern for me is Griffin. King is not a good option there.

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2e1isads said:
sutz":2e1isads said:

Until we know if it's a high ankle sprain or not, it's hard to speculate how long Diggs will be out.

Unfortunately the ankle boot is a bad sign, that's the tell tail sign of a high ankle sprain...........and that's a 4-6 week rehab usually.

I also am super worried, because Diggs was the missing piece on getting the defense right, and now we're back to Hill and soft base defense. Not good going into the playoffs.

Wasnt Reed in some kind of boot too and he played the next week maybe Diggs will miss the Arizona game and be back for san fran if that game is needed to be won.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
theseahawkguy":v8zzniqu said:
Sgt. Largent":v8zzniqu said:
sutz":v8zzniqu said:

Wasnt Reed in some kind of boot too and he played the next week maybe Diggs will miss the Arizona game and be back for san fran if that game is needed to be won.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
theseahawkguy":avf0sz4e said:
Sgt. Largent":avf0sz4e said:
sutz":avf0sz4e said:

Yes, but Pete said with Reed it was precautionary, and that Reed "sprained his ankle a little bit."

With Diggs he said it was a significant sprain...............and Diggs posted on Twitter that he's trusting God, which also tells me he also knows it's significant.

Again, all speculation, but IMO it doesn't look good.

balakoth

Reaction score
theseahawkguy":1vrzkbnm said:
Sgt. Largent":1vrzkbnm said:
sutz":1vrzkbnm said:

Hopefully.. because according to some here, one player out is going to allow SF to score at will on us :p

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
balakoth":2f6pe5tt said:
theseahawkguy":2f6pe5tt said:
Sgt. Largent":2f6pe5tt said:
sutz":2f6pe5tt said:

Hopefully.. because according to some here, one player out is going to allow SF to score at will on us :p

Diggs is a big deal, don't minimize his absence and what that means to our schemes.

It's not a coincidence that as soon as he took over at free safety our defense looked much better as it allowed them to get back to cover 3 dropping McDougald down into the box and press covering to dictate.

Before that it was 4-3 base zone, as we saw yesterday once again after Diggs went out.

It matters...................A LOT.

John63

Reaction score
Not having Diggs will be big, he is the key to our secondary right now.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
^ when is the morning presser? Usually get an update then. Losing Diggs for any length of time would be awful.