If David Moore was responsible for that block... cut him...

Tokadub

Reaction score
We are lacking a 3rd wide receiver BIG TIME...

I thought that he was told to run over the top to stretch the defense...

I'm not convinced that David Moore was supposed to make that block...

But if you watch the replay clearly David Moore HAD TO MAKE THAT block...

I tend to believe Jake... David was probably supposed to at least chip block him... If he wasn't supposed to block the defender at all then Schotty or Pete SHOULD BE FIRED...

I don't beleive it... if you looked at David Moore on the sidelines during the Wild Card game sitting next to Metcalf... he looked like a guy knows his NFL career is over... He looked like he about to drink 30 shots of vodka... I'm confused... about what just happened...

But if he missed the block even with coaching... we gotta cut him...

Even at his best we are very much lacking in our Wide Receivers beyond #1 and #2...

I cringed every time Freddy Swain was on the field, he's not an NFL receiver from what I've seen so far.

David Moore was a borderline NFL receiver more so that he is physical and can run with the ball... but now he allegedly missed a basic block???

Who is right is David Moore a clown giving up on his career for unknown reasons or our coaches overconfident telling him he doesn't need to block in that play???

CONCLUSION:

We cant blame the Seahawks management... We were supposed to have Greg Olsen and Josh Gordon... if we had them both we could of ran an offense.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Tokadub":33otc8dq said:
We are lacking a 3rd wide receiver BIG TIME...

I thought that he was told to run over the top to stretch the defense...

I'm not convinced that David Moore was supposed to make that block...

But if you watch the replay clearly David Moore HAD TO MAKE THAT block...

I tend to believe Jake... David was probably supposed to at least chip block him... If he wasn't supposed to block the defender at all then Schotty or Pete SHOULD BE FIRED...

I don't beleive it... if you looked at David Moore on the sidelines during the Wild Card game sitting next to Metcalf... he looked like a guy knows his NFL career is over... He looked like he about to drink 30 shots of vodka... I'm confused... about what just happened...

But if he missed the block even with coaching... we gotta cut him...

Even at his best we are very much lacking in our Wide Receivers beyond #1 and #2...

I cringed every time Freddy Swain was on the field, he's not an NFL receiver from what I've seen so far.

David Moore was a borderline NFL receiver more so that he is physical and can run with the ball... but now he allegedly missed a basic block???

Who is right is David Moore a clown giving up on his career for unknown reasons or our coaches overconfident telling him he doesn't need to block in that play???

CONCLUSION:

We cant blame the Seahawks management... We were supposed to have Greg Olsen and Josh Gordon... if we had them both we could of ran an offense.

Come on man.

Nobody is perfect.
Even “all pro” players at their positions miss assignments and wiff on plays occasionally.

Putting this much emphasis on a single play is ludicrous.

Woulda,shoulda, coulda.

Chawker

Reaction score
Olson and gordon ? Thank god we won't have to deal with a old broken down mule and a reefer addict any longer.

nwHawk

Reaction score
David Moore was forced to be a #3, but he should have been a #5. He's a UFA, so no need to cut him. I can't imagine Seattle resigning him.

Torc

Reaction score
If I understand the rules correctly, Moore wasn't allowed to block until the ball is caught, or it would be an illegal pick play. Williams had figured out the play and was already moving into position before the snap, he had crossed the line of scrimmage practically before the ball was in the air. He said afterwards that he knew it was coming. It was a bad play call in a day of bad play calls. DK was waiting for the ball to get to him (pretty normal on these screens); HE should have been fighting Williams for the ball. I'd love to pretty much toss this play out of the playbook, myself. It is hit or miss like a run play, with a much higher risk factor.

I'm fine with Moore as a third or fourth receiver, he's made some quality catches this year.

sdog1981

Reaction score
First of all, it was Freddie Swain that missed the block.

Second of all the formation and motion was predictable. It was the same play that they run against AZ that sprung DK for a TD, that was called back for holding.

David Moore is a 7th round draft pick from the 2017 draft. I highly doubt he will be with the team after the 2021 season.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What block? What play?

Are you referring to the failed receiver screen pick 6 to Metcalf?
That was Freddy Swain that missed that block.

In regards to Moore, he seems like a talented receiver when given opportunities.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
Please. I knew the Seahawks weren't going anywhere once they loss to the Giants at home and only scoring 12 points.

BASF

Reaction score
Torc":8497wj4g said:
If I understand the rules correctly, Moore wasn't allowed to block until the ball is caught, or it would be an illegal pick play. Williams had figured out the play and was already moving into position before the snap, he had crossed the line of scrimmage practically before the ball was in the air. He said afterwards that he knew it was coming. It was a bad play call in a day of bad play calls. DK was waiting for the ball to get to him (pretty normal on these screens); HE should have been fighting Williams for the ball. I'd love to pretty much toss this play out of the playbook, myself. It is hit or miss like a run play, with a much higher risk factor.

I'm fine with Moore as a third or fourth receiver, he's made some quality catches this year.

This is a very astute post. The bolded section is the very reason why Schottenheimer has been fired. The playoffs are a time to use new variations on the plays you have run throughout the season. It is one of the reasons that Bevell deserves all the blame for our loss to the Patriots in the Super Bowl. A lot of people rag on Pete for calling for a pass play there, but imagine if Bevell did not call the play that we only run one route of. Imagine if we lined up in that formation that Browner had practiced against hundreds of times while with us. Imagine the play was changed to Lockett run out to the flat behind the Kearse movement inside while Browner blocks out Butler. We would have watched an easy pitch and catch touchdown that cemented our repeat.

It is the same with the wide receiver screen that we have run so many times this season. Imagine that the play is altered to go to Moore who was a quick release up field to block. It would have been an easy first down. It would also put the Rams on notice that they could not trust what they had seen on film. When you show plays you have not run in the regular season, you put some doubt in the minds of your opponents. The Seahawks under Schottenheimer never did that after week seven. People want to blame Pete for this, but it comes down to whether or not Schottenheimer could install variations on the plays that worked early in the season. He failed, so he is gone.