I guarantee our D will be Top 20 the 2nd half of the season

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I think we will have a Top 20 defense in the second half of the Season - in the NFC.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Two games in a row the D looked to be getting it back together. Now we have a mini bye and four of the worst offenses we face all year. I believe this D has turned the corner.

W

Welshers

Wenhawk":3p79pjy3 said:
Two games in a row the D looked to be getting it back together. Now we have a mini bye and four of the worst offenses we face all year. I believe this D has turned the corner.
Good call, Wenhawk! I'm with you! This D is improving as we get healthy! Dunlap and Snacks were great pickups and are now making a difference. Bobby was good as always. Jamal is a DOG! This D is turning it up! You were absolutely right!

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Best Defensive showing of the year. Washington should be another low score.

W

Welshers

Wenhawk":149vcqm0 said:
Best Defensive showing of the year. Washington should be another low score.
Gold prediction, your call is looking like it may come true!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1bgdbgyp said:
This defense has faced two really bad offenses. This defense is fools gold, come playoffs we’re getting exposed.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1i7lnbcc said:
Wenhawk":1i7lnbcc said:
This defense has faced two really bad offenses. This defense is fools gold, come playoffs we’re getting exposed.

I think you are wrong. Our Defense has tons of talent and is just getting going

bmorepunk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1hxyu2v5 said:
Top 20 defense?

So they'll give up 27 points a game instead of 29?

Yay.

Okay so they got their average to just under 25, so if they keep this going it's an actual yay from me.

Spin Doctor":1hxyu2v5 said:
Wenhawk":1hxyu2v5 said:

We're going to find out.

But the Patriots offense sucks and Cam Newton threw for nearly 400 yards against the Seahawks defense, and they let the Patriots score 30 points. For reference, Newton has broken 300 yards one other time this season, against the Texans. Even if we throw out the Rams game where he got benched (even with Stitham's totals added to his it was barely over 100 yards passing), in the other eight games I haven't brought up he threw under 200 yards, and three of those he couldn't even break 100. And that dude got three yards shy against the Seahawks of hitting 400.

Every QB was chucking it against this defense with ease earlier in the season, to the point where they weren't even running the ball. Mullens dropped like 200 yards and 21 points in the fourth quarter. People blew stuff like that off as "garbage time", but you don't give up 3 TDs in the fourth quarter no how much you're ahead against Mullents unless your defense just sucks. And that was a "good" defensive game at the time.

Every time any team got the ball back they basically were going to score during the front half of the season. It really took the fun out of all that high scoring stuff they did early because it had to come down to last possession or a lucky turnover/stop at the end. They were a straight up disaster. Now they're playing like an actual defense. Not one of the best, but NFL average which is good enough to win games against good teams in the playoffs if the offense can shake off the funk.

They haven't been playing the Chiefs the last five games since they've really locked it down, but they're averaging less than 17 points allowed. That is a ton better, and they're clearly playing much better down the stretch.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks Defense has been on fire the 2nd half of the season. If we had played this good all season we'd rank like this right now:
4th- 20 PPG
6th- 314.4 YPG
9th- 227.3 Pass D YPG
2nd- 87.1 Run D YPG

First 8 games 30.375 PPG, 455.7 YPG, 362 PYPG, 93 RYPG

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Yeah I just posted some similar stats in the "#15" thread:

last 4 games:
#1 in points against (52 points in 4 games!)
#2 in total yards allowed (1078 yards in 4 games!)
#2 in tackles for losses
#3 in sacks
#4 in 3-and-outs
#6 in 4th down stops

ivotuk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2sy1si42 said:
Wenhawk":2sy1si42 said:

WFT has been averaging 22PPG and Dwayne Haskins career is 61% pass completion, 6.4 Yards Per attempt.

The Jets are bottom of the barrel, but they did beat the Rams.

I think you're mistaken. This Defense has a LOT of talent, and is just now getting it's players healthy at the right time.

A lot of people use the argument "Well we barely beat the Dolphins, and they're a crappy team!" We've found out otherwise.

The Patriots, they're up and down, but do have the #7 defense. BB is finding out what happens when you neglect the WR and RB position. But teams early in the year, are much different the what they become later in the year. Just look at Pete's teams. They almost always improve as the year goes on. Look at the Steelers, 11-0 and get taken out by the WFT.

It's always an interesting arguments, but it's also infinitely complicated. Did the QB improve as he learned the new offense? Has the OLine gelled? Did the WR or RB you picked up mid-season improve your game?

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12qgdchg said:
So, if we are excited about the defensive improvement we are fools? Oh well, been called worse :mrgreen:

No..., considering the parity in the NFL these days just off the top of my head Jets beat the Rams , WFT beat the Steelers, Giants beat the Seahawks... This is because these teams were playing well...

LTH

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seeing as how they are already 15th ranked you were right NostraWenhawk.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":qkujq38u said:
I hope so.

I would also like to see Kam on this staff.

Kam started the LOB and there was a lot of press during that time about how he put our guys where they needed to be. He seems to know the strategy and tactics well.

When he held out, our defense looked very average - even our great players did not look near as good.

It is always dangerous when you put a great hero on the field in the coaching box. Does not always work out. But Kam seems an obvious worthwhile resource we could be using to get better.

God knows we need to get better. Would be hard to be worse.
Wasn't it really Brandon Browner who started the LoB mindset?

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":f5p2mci1 said:

Even as confident I was in us turning it around on D, I didn't expect we would be playing like a top 5 Defense.

I see fire and energy that has been missing for a long time.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1j5jcbl8 said:
jammerhawk":1j5jcbl8 said:

Even as confident I was in us turning it around on D, I didn't expect we would be playing like a top 5 Defense.

I see fire and energy that has been missing for a long time.

We came up big today. Not many times we play these guys under these circumstances do we hold them to less than 10. We did great! I love love love this defense

evergreen

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3evlgg9p said:
TwistedHusky":3evlgg9p said:
I hope so.

Kam started the LOB and there was a lot of press during that time about how he put our guys where they needed to be. He seems to know the strategy and tactics well.

When he held out, our defense looked very average - even our great players did not look near as good.

It is always dangerous when you put a great hero on the field in the coaching box. Does not always work out. But Kam seems an obvious worthwhile resource we could be using to get better.

He was the thug of the bunch. Theres a great video of him taking out three different Cardinals on a punt. And another of him abusing a Packer receiver. I did love that mean streak.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3kbph9qr said:
TwistedHusky":3kbph9qr said:
I hope so.

Browner was the mentality I think, if you call him the Abuser and Kam the Enforcer you would have the attitude, Sherm the Mouth and Earl the Blanket to cover.

They changed the rules due to them, defenseless player blind side blocks, Browner abused 5 Cardinals in one play on a return.

Browner also body slamming and hip tossing WR's looking like they were going to black him.

Kam taking peoples souls on hits.

Sherm telling everyone what they were gonna do, then post game bragging about how they did it.