I don't get it?

scakfan

Reaction score
Why are all these local talking heads figuring on a loss to SF? The last time we played we shut down their passing game which is ranked 31st in the league. Although they rank 3rd in rushing half of those yards are from the gazelle whom we pretty much contained in our last two meetings. With the addition of Harvin, a healthy O line, and unarguable a lock-down D (ranked 2nd against the pass) I think we will once again put a beat down on the 49ers. Heck we could have an off game and lose unexpectedly and still win the division as long as we take care of business at the overrated Stick.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Huh? Which 'all local talking heads" are you referencing?

And how do you know we will have a healthy O line in over a month?

I don't get it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's too early to speculate anything.

Injuries play a large factor in future matchups. We could be healthier, or we could get injured in other key areas. They are supposed to get healthier with Manningham and Crabtree back, which creates different matchups than the last time we met them.

We also play better at home, but most teams do. So SF will play better at home, while we won't play as good as the last time. SF is also playing better team ball than we are at this point, so it's not far fetched to see someone speculating they win down there, but it's honestly too early to come up with anything solid.

OP
OP
S

scakfan

Reaction score
bestfightstory":244egcnu said:
Huh? Which 'all local talking heads" are you referencing?

And how do you know we will have a healthy O line in over a month?

I don't get it.

Heck I don't think we even need a healthy O line to win as history has shown. I am not going to name names in fear of getting one or two wrong but there have been discussions on the air about the playoff consequences and seeding after a loss to SF. Maybe you haven't seen many of SF's games but they are winning solely with the efforts of Davis, Boldin, and Kaep's feet. The numbers don't lie, on paper they are not as good as most people make them out to be.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
too far ahead to predict anything...last year the hawks should have won in san fran imo. If they are healthy with some starters back on the o line and Percy in the line up how could you bet against them???

Seafan

Reaction score
We had Okung for 1 qtr. No Clemons, Irvin, Harvin. It's too early to speculate but the Hawks should be at full strength and I expect a close game.

hawk45

Reaction score
Most of the chatter I hear is about how @SF is the most likely loss of the remaining games on the schedule, which is pretty fair. So for purposes of HFA discussion and all that, it's counted in the loss column. But I think as we get closer to the game, fans and media on both sides aren't going to be taking anything for granted. Both teams may very well have retained the ability to control their destiny within the division and the conference, so I expect the attitude to be "who knows what the outcome will be but wow is this game going to be awesome."

Tical21

Reaction score
I hear you man. All the local radio has been talking about tie-breakers all week, and freaking out that our strength of victory isn't as good as the 49ers. They have been planning out the end of our season, and supposedly we're definitely going to lose to the 49ers, and both of us are going to go 14-2 and there is nothing anybody can do or say about it. It is just set in stone. First, I give us a good chance to win that game. Second, I certainly don't put a win in pen against New Orleans, or several other games for that matter. This is the NFL, and I can guarantee you both teams don't win all the rest of their games. Just ridiculous speculation. The ball isn't round, anything can happen on "Any Given Sunday".

The 49ers are two weeks removed from narrowly escaping a 3 game losing streak. We're a few weeks away from a defensive collapse against Indy and being in a battle with the Tennessee Titans and their backup QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. I am not willing to put the next 9 games in the win column for both teams without playing them first.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I really disagree with all of the local chatter that says we should give Bobby Wagner a shot at RB. What are those people thinking? Wagner doesn't have soft enough hands to take Lynch's job.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Eh, it's only fair. Seattle and SF are very closely matched in terms of overall teams. I know we've owned them in Seattle. But we've yet to do anything down there to assume we'll handle them easy. It's reasonable that people would assume a loss. At least more so than assuming a victory. As of right now, I think we're the better team. But home field does factor in. When we play here, we have them hands down. Down there, I think it's a close game. Much like last year.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
It's not outlandish. Until we win one in SF it's a fair assumption.

We have found a way to shoot ourselves in the foot down there quite a few times in the recent past.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I don't think the talking heads don't think we can beat SF, but all talking heads do is speculate. If you're speculating you have to create some structure.

The odds are against Seattle not losing another game this year (only 5 teams have ever gone 15-1) And the odds would favor @SF and vs Saints as the most likely games to lose. SF wins because it's on the road.

Can't really blame the local media for discussing scenarios mostly where that game is an L.

Personally I think we are in kaepernick's head.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Hawks46":etpbqmou said:
They are supposed to get healthier with Manningham and Crabtree back, which creates different matchups than the last time we met them.
With apologies to the OP, I just wanted you to know the Crabtree is not expected to play, or not expected to play well, against us. Here's the link--

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...s-not-make-meaningful-contribution-postseason

The San Francisco 49ers are not expecting Michael Crabtree back from his torn Achilles until late November and are not counting on the wide receiver to make a meaningful contribution until the end of the season, a source familiar with his comeback told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The Niners also are planning for the possibility that Crabtree might not contribute until the postseason the source told Schefter. "It looks like he'll be ready come playoff time," the source said

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
We'll have Okung and Harvin back by the time we play NO and SF. We'll be ripping ass going into that game. We're the #1 seed at the moment with NO on a bye and our pct better. We'll maintain that going into the playoffs and be hosting SF if they progress. I wonder if Kaepernick will have an "injury".

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
scakfan":1mocbhpg said:
Why are all these local talking heads figuring on a loss to SF? The last time we played we shut down their passing game which is ranked 31st in the league. Although they rank 3rd in rushing half of those yards are from the gazelle whom we pretty much contained in our last two meetings. With the addition of Harvin, a healthy O line, and unarguable a lock-down D (ranked 2nd against the pass) I think we will once again put a beat down on the 49ers. Heck we could have an off game and lose unexpectedly and still win the division as long as we take care of business at the overrated Stick.

I have been hearing the same thing and it is somewhat annoying. I get it though. IF the Hawks are going to lose, it would seem a road game against a good team would be the one to do it. They are trying to predict the schedule but not be too homerish about it. The way I see it though, the current Hawks team matches up against the Niners better than anyone else, home or away.

They can over come bad calls, the random turnover, injuries and bad bounces. The Hawks are better than the Niners, period. When they show up in SF this year, they will have added one of the most explosive players in the entire league to their offense. He wont be playing on a team that has Ponder as their QB either, but the last time Harvin played the Niners, his team beat them too.

sutz

Reaction score
Last time we went there, it was the third game they played in less than 14 days-IIRC, it was Mon night-Sunday-Thursday. I know people want to call that an excuse, but it is a relevant fact. Most of the errors our guys committed were those that fatigue and mental stress would contribute to. And we still almost won. Yeah, it is most likely the 'highest possibility of losing' game on the remaining sched, but I have no doubt our guys will be in the game in the 4th. With Wilson under center, that makes me feel good.

;)

firebee

Reaction score
The talking heads or ignorant... We're as likely to lose to the Giants, as we are the Niners or Saints. The Giants are looking a lot better with Jacobs and Hillis; they're a team that can be misunderstood due to performance and gameplans developed early in the season and it's a 10AM game in December when it's colder than cold, windy and most likely wet. Atlanta in Atlanta at 10:00 AM is a sleeper game. Steven Jackson should be returning, Rodgers is a weapon, Gonzo is stiilll one of the best TEs in the game and Roddy White might get back to form... meaning their offensive gameplan could look different with new personnel.

I like New Orleans in Seattle and I don't think we're going to lose that one. They lost to a battered New England team in New England. No reason to think they should beat us in Seattle. Crowd factors and the Saints defense will give Wilson huge running opportunities if they try playing him aggressive like they do all the other quarterbacks. I don't think New Orleans will be able to contain Wilson without killing off their pass rush.

Oh yeah... That's right... We were talking about San Francisco in San Francisco. I think that's the game the Hawks are most likely to win, as they're not going to be overlooking San Francisco due to the implications of the game and we're already familiar with their play. If the W gets us the Division and Homefield Advantage, we'll win it, but let's worry about the teams we have to play before then... like St. Louis.

OP
OP
S

scakfan

Reaction score
firebee":10dlpxd3 said:
The talking heads or ignorant... We're as likely to lose to the Giants, as we are the Niners or Saints. The Giants are looking a lot better with Jacobs and Hillis; they're a team that can be misunderstood due to performance and gameplans developed early in the season and it's a 10AM game in December when it's colder than cold, windy and most likely wet. Atlanta in Atlanta at 10:00 AM is a sleeper game. Steven Jackson should be returning, Rodgers is a weapon, Gonzo is stiilll one of the best TEs in the game and Roddy White might get back to form... meaning their offensive gameplan could look different with new personnel.

I like New Orleans in Seattle and I don't think we're going to lose that one. They lost to a battered New England team in New England. No reason to think they should beat us in Seattle. Crowd factors and the Saints defense will give Wilson huge running opportunities if they try playing him aggressive like they do all the other quarterbacks. I don't think New Orleans will be able to contain Wilson without killing off their pass rush.

Oh yeah... That's right... We were talking about San Francisco in San Francisco. I think that's the game the Hawks are most likely to win, as they're not going to be overlooking San Francisco due to the implications of the game and we're already familiar with their play. If the W gets us the Division and Homefield Advantage, we'll win it, but let's worry about the teams we have to play before then... like St. Louis.

I think you're right as those two east coast road games appear much more daunting then the SF game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Are you kidding me?!

The game at San Francisco is going to be a war with them having home field advantage.

Might be the only game all year we aren't favorites in.

Latest posts