I don't feel the LEAST bit sorry for Falcon fans!

Largent80

Reaction score
Remember Jimmy's incredible one handed catch in the Jets game?......The DB had a hold of his other arm for the entire catch all the way to the ground, and right in front of the ref. No Call.

lukerguy

Reaction score
SeahawkPQ":2f5spd6l said:
The holding call on the opening play of Atlantas 98 yard td drive occured while the ball was in the endzone. It should have been a safety. A 9 point swing.

The foul must occur in the endzone, not the ball in the endzone.

It was the correct call.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The facts are that the Hawks got away with a horrible miscalled. The fans deserve to be upset, just like we would be if it happened to us.

There's no guarantees that a winning FG would have been made or Seahawks wouldn't have got the ball back; so the call didn't decide the game.

Boycie

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":342egg6k said:
Check the Falcons board, some of them crying like the NFL took a decisive victory from them. They're all like "Wait tilll you have to come to the dome and we send you home". Um, OK, we'll see..... :irishdrinkers:

Wouldn't we have to have a worse record than them to go on the road to face them? Keep dreaming Falcon fans, and even if the Hawks do, they will put the hurt on you again. Falcons are lucky that Ryan didn't get hurt in that game, and if I'm Ryan, I want no part of that Seahawks D line anytime soon.

Mindsink

Reaction score
I'm just so tired of Falcons fans and Seahawks haters talking like this was a game deciding play.

IT. WASN'T.

DPI is less likely to be called on hail mary plays, and let's call it what it is... a deep jump ball thrown into double coverage.

The media is blowing it up to be something bigger than it actually is, because of the certain attention it will draw (think "fail mary" comparisons).

If DPI was called, then...

1. There would have been talk about how DPI should not be spot fouls because 50 yard penalties don't belong in the game.

2. There is no guarantee of what would have happened on subsequent plays (the Falcons had a hard time moving the ball once the Seahawks defense adjusted to their 3rd quarter explosion). They would have certainly run more plays. What if Ryan takes a sack? What if there's a turnover?

3. Even if they remained in FG range, there's no guarantee the attempt would have been good.

Boycie

Reaction score
ABirdOfPrey":vweyqvby said:
Good game. Wish we would have won, but we didn't. For the life of me I don't get how folks are saying they didn't think that's a PI. The ref didn't miss it, he just intentionally didn't call it.
Take a look:
Will Brinson on Twitter: "What was this ref looking at??? https://t.co/Dp38jq5lal" (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/2ed2EPf

Meh, it's like hockey, the refs usually put the whistle in their pockets late in the third because they don't want to be the deciding factor in a game.

We got jobbed in this game too, and if those calls go our way, maybe the Falcons mail it in by being down so much. You can't point to one blown call as to being the reason the Falcons lost.

They lost because they only showed up for 1 quarter, and that will not win you games against a team led by RW.

Largent80

Reaction score
If Kam was playing in this game, and/or Haushka makes the FG and extra point, there isn't even anything to talk about here.

Refs are not going to call non blatant penalties on last gasp efforts by teams trailing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And this isn't even as bad as the one where the guy is basically hugging Kearse, with his back to the ball. No call on EITHER one. But yeah, the Hawks got "lucky"
Yawn

Attachments

• PI2.jpg
    PI2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 434