I don't feel the LEAST bit sorry for Falcon fans!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
dutchman063":3dwf6u1k said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":3dwf6u1k said:
Check the Falcons board, some of them crying like the NFL took a decisive victory from them. ..... :irishdrinkers:

Well in all fairness they did get screwed, im not afraid to admit it, and this board would have been screaming the exact same thing if it happened to us
It did happen.
Week 2 in LA, there was about 8 BS calls that went against Seattle in that game.

.....but I say now like I did then, dont leave the other team within striking distance of a victory where the zebras are a factor.
The NFL is not going to address their officiating problems until a "legacy team" gets boned.

davidonmi

Reaction score
oh it absolutely was PI. However you can argue one wasn't called on Kearse earlier in the game that cost us 7 and Julio got away with a blatant hands to the face on that same play.

It was a horrible call, and the refs were honestly not good all game long, but I don't think it's some massive controversy like people are making it out to be

ShockerFalcon

Reaction score
Well this Falcon's fan doesn't want you to feel sorry for us. The officiating was crappy all game long going both ways. Congrats on the hard fought win. I'm proud of the showing from my Falcons in a hostile environment against a great team. We may not be there yet, as some pundits are saying, but our effort yesterday suggests that we are definitely on the right path. Again Congrats to the Hawks and the 12s on the win

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dutchman063":lc8s63pr said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":lc8s63pr said:
Check the Falcons board, some of them crying like the NFL took a decisive victory from them. ..... :irishdrinkers:

Well in all fairness they did get screwed, im not afraid to admit it, and this board would have been screaming the exact same thing if it happened to us

Yeah, this board would have screamed had it gone the other way, but nobody 'got screwed,' because the refs were letting the dirty birds MOLEST our receivers the whole game. Very glad they didn't apply a double standard to the Hawks. They called the game with an even hand, and we just happened to benefit from it at the right place and time. That's all their is too it. I have no sympathy for them.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
ShockerFalcon":ev1mxszj said:
Well this Falcon's fan doesn't want you to feel sorry for us. The officiating was crappy all game long going both ways. Congrats on the hard fought win. I'm proud of the showing from my Falcons in a hostile environment against a great team. We may not be there yet, as some pundits are saying, but our effort yesterday suggests that we are definitely on the right path. Again Congrats to the Hawks and the 12s on the win

Y'all did what great teams do. There was busted coverage on two misdirection plays for TDs, because the guy subbing for Chancellor isn't quite as mind-melded with the secondary, but Kudos to the Falcons for recognizing and exploiting that. Also great job coming back in a very hostile environment. I've got a feeling we'll be seeing you guys in the post season.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
davidonmi":79rq87lj said:
oh it absolutely was PI. However you can argue one wasn't called on Kearse earlier in the game that cost us 7 and Julio got away with a blatant hands to the face on that same play.

It was a horrible call, and the refs were honestly not good all game long, but I don't think it's some massive controversy like people are making it out to be

Almost like they were allowing the secondaries to play old-school ball. Very glad they called that with an even hand...as in ignoring OPI/DPI the entire game, LOL!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
FOGHORN":l2mvbgvc said:
Good. I don't want any sympathy. I won't cry. It was a good game that the Hawks should have won. Just glad the Falcons made it respectable. Im sure tons of Seahawk fans weren't expecting that kind of game.

Cheers to an injury free season and take care of the NFC south for us.

Was not expecting that kind of 3rd quarter. Falcon fans are right to be high on their team

Seahawk

Reaction score
That was clearly PI on Sherman, but that pass would not have even been thrown had there not been holding by 67 on Marsh. Marsh would have pressured or sacked Ryan had he not been pushed to the ground from behind by 67. Non-calls on both sides of the ball.

hawker84

Reaction score
News Flash everyone, NFL ref's suck..... We've been on both sides of a call wrong or right. if you really want to dig deep, I think it's fair to say, we've been on the losing end our whole existence, minus a few here and there. Yesterday, we were on the winning end of a missed call, no call however you want to put it. I'll take it, because over the years we didn't get those calls. Heck all you have to do is look back at the Playoff game in ATL, how many bs calls went against us in that game? So sorry if I could care less that Sherm got away with one. Welcome to the modern NFL.

pmedic920

Reaction score
ABirdOfPrey":90m4rv07 said:
Good game. Wish we would have won, but we didn't. For the life of me I don't get how folks are saying they didn't think that's a PI. The ref didn't miss it, he just intentionally didn't call it.
Take a look:
Will Brinson on Twitter: "What was this ref looking at??? https://t.co/Dp38jq5lal" (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/2ed2EPf

Ok, I'll bite.

Tell me what Will Brinson said about Sherman getting whacked in the head at the start of that play?
Does he wonder what they were looking at when that was missed?

If folks want to complain about a "no call" they should be willing to complain both ways.

Fact is, that was "hand fighting" during a last ditch Hail Mary play.

Hand fighting gets called sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. It rarely is called on HailMary jump ball.

Footballs aren't round, they can bounce any direction, it didn't bounce the Falcon's way on that play. Get over it.

There were some bad calls/no calls that were in the Falcons favor as well, if y'all can't admit it, you have ZERO credibility.

If you single out that one,end of the play, "no call" it does look bad.
If you look at it in full context of the play (no call for Sherm getting blasted) it evens out.

If you look at it in the full context of the whole game, you have nothing to complain about. It all becomes sour grapes, crying because your team lost.

IMHO, the Falcons were "lucky" to be in that position any way. If not for a couple of break downs in the 3rd, the final score would have been a total embarrassment for your fan base.

Post all the links you want, you're not going to get much sympathy if you aren't willing to look at the whole play/game in context.

12thbrah

Reaction score
The media will focus on that one blown call. What they won't talk about is how outside of that fluky 3rd quarter the Hawks dominated the Falcons. The Falcons made it a game in the 3rd but the Hawks took it back from them on both offense and defense in the 4th.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
UntriedBoringGosling.gif

The pimp slap! Was pretty hard too as Sherman almost fell down from it.

I was impressed he even recovered.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ShockerFalcon":2103rvnd said:
Love this guy..He's not a sore loser.Wish I could buy him a beer :irishdrinkers:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":ozc6dvkv said:
Check the Falcons board, some of them crying like the NFL took a decisive victory from them. They're all like "Wait tilll you have to come to the dome and we send you home". Um, OK, we'll see..... :irishdrinkers:

Do they know the team with the better record gets the home game?

I'm not sure they know that. lol.

kpak76

Reaction score
ABirdOfPrey":3hkeqg4j said:
Good game. Wish we would have won, but we didn't. For the life of me I don't get how folks are saying they didn't think that's a PI. The ref didn't miss it, he just intentionally didn't call it.
Take a look:
Will Brinson on Twitter: "What was this ref looking at??? https://t.co/Dp38jq5lal" (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/2ed2EPf

The game was called equally both ways. If you really want to whine, then the play should have been offsetting penalties when Julio pimp slapped Sherm in the face at the LOS.

It's also widely known that at the end of the game, the refs swallow their whistle unless it's blatant. You should credit Sherm for knowing this and using that to his advantage.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ABirdOfPrey":1x1jwii5 said:
Take a look:

He intentionally didn't call it.

I'd have been bent out of shape if they randomly decided to not call that one. The only thing you can ask for is for officiating to be consistent. They were letting incidental contact and tugging go all game long. Both teams benefited from loose interpretation.

Ultimately, this game had a playoff vibe to it. And it was officiated in much the same way. It was a conference contending heavyweight matchup and the refs made a concerted effort to not be part of the narrative.

On that play, it is not unreasonable that a refereeing crew would choose to not bail out an offense that threw a ball up for grabs on 4th down in the mere hope that they'd get an automatic first down instead of have to make a play.

I guarantee you if we face each other in the playoffs, that same standard will apply. The postseason is particularly unkind to teams that resort to the kinds of plays where the officials are expected to make their plays for them.

I do think the non call was intentional. I think the precedent had been set for that all game long. I think Sherman is the smartest/savviest CB in the league and he definitely expected to be able to get away with non obvious contact on that particular play.

I would have only had an issue with it if:

A: Kearse had received the similar DPI call earlier at the 3 yd line and Jones did not
B: Kearse hadn't received that call and Jones did.

Those two call were identical. And the officials called them exactly the same way. May not have been legal to the letter. But nobody can claim that the calls were unfair.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
kpak76":2hrq2xv3 said:
ABirdOfPrey":2hrq2xv3 said:
Take a look:

The game was called equally both ways. If you really want to whine, then the play should have been offsetting penalties when Julio pimp slapped Sherm in the face at the LOS.

It's also widely known that at the end of the game, the refs swallow their whistle unless it's blatant. You should credit Sherm for knowing this and using that to his advantage.

I will credit his veteran savvy. And also credit him for being smart. He knows he cant lock down that dude one one one.

Sherm was off his game for some reason. Looks like Kam was on the sideline getting on him on that blown coverage. No whining. The Falcons shouldn't have left it to that one call.

Great game. Good luck the reat of the season and I hope the Seahawks smash anyone left they play from the NFC south!!!

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
ATL fans whining about not getting a call in a road game on a 4th and 10 heave from their own 25 in the closing moments of the fourth quarter are delusional.