Hypothetical - Would you sign with the Browns as rookie QB?

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
mrt144":bpzfl1p7 said:
BlackandGolden":bpzfl1p7 said:
Tough call, but I'd ride it out. Take my millions and play well.

I may not like playing for a loser organization, but refusing to sign or to play well will generate bad publicity about me to the other 31 teams. Everyone's watching you, no matter who you play for.

When my Cleveland contract expires, I'll opt for Free Agency the first chance I get, and sign up with a current Super Bowl contender.

Can you hold out from a franchise tag?

The NFL now has two versions of the franchise tag -- exclusive and nonexclusive. The vast majority of players that are tagged are usually exclusive.

Even under an exclusive tag you can hold out. But you cannot negotiate, sign, nor play for with any other team for that year.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
kearly":2iyvsw78 said:
Eli told the Chargers he wouldn't sign a deal with them. I feel like this has happened with another QB recently, but can't remember which.
John Elway was drafted by the Colts but threatened to play baseball unless they traded him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":2giprcj3 said:
Tough call, but I'd ride it out. Take my millions and play well.

I may not like playing for a loser organization, but refusing to sign or to play well will generate bad publicity about me to the other 31 teams. Everyone's watching you, no matter who you play for.

When my Cleveland contract expires, I'll opt for Free Agency the first chance I get, and sign up with a current Super Bowl contender.
BINGO!