Hypothetical: Metcalf at DE?

Seymour

Reaction score
pehawk":1katr0sy said:
Seymour":1katr0sy said:
With Baldwin now gone, why does anyone believe that WR is not just as important or possibly even more important than an experimental edge rusher?

Because the Seahawks won their lone championship on riding their defense. Defense wins championships.

Man, I had forgotten of football iilliterate some people are on here. This is a no-brainer.

You got the "no-brainer" part right...just misused the word a bit. :roll:

Ya..."we are one Metcalf away from being back to a #1 defense". :sarcasm_off:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2l6hmwkr said:
Metcalf would try to bend around the edge and end up in the stands.

Bad idea.

He's 6 foot 3, not Stretch Armstrong. He can't bend that far.

AgentDib

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1oi37hsq said:
Maybe put Tyler Lockett at the 3 technique.
Not sure what you're thinking here. Lockett has a nice first step but I don't think you can count on him to hold up against the run over a 16 game season and then potentially another 4 playoff games. He'd probably be OK against Laken Tomlinson but we only play the 49ers twice.

Seymour

Reaction score
DJ Fluker at nickel back!

Putting a 50 cent piece at nickel would be 10x better!!!

:lol:

D

DomeHawk

Yes it is the dead time and there isn't much in the way of thread material but c'mon.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Why stop here. Let’s put Duane brown at DT. We could put Ifedi next to him. Have Britt play the 5. Let’s put Cody Barton at WR. BKk could play running back and we could have Carson at the edge / Leo. Championship!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":z58vwtm9 said:
Seymour":z58vwtm9 said:
With Baldwin now gone, why does anyone believe that WR is not just as important or possibly even more important than an experimental edge rusher?

Because the Seahawks won their lone championship on riding their defense. Defense wins championships.

Man, I had forgotten of football iilliterate some people are on here. This is a no-brainer.
You preach it Pe!!!
:irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Haha thanks for the input yep just killing time till preseason game 1!

xray

Reaction score
Seymour":k1w1nnwn said:
That ; and he wasn't drafted for the defense. He's gonna be Wilson's new boy toy WR...The DL is worrisome to me...it's a damn good thing ; that the Hawks have maybe the best LB crew in the league ...they will be working overtime this season to compensate . IMO

xray

Reaction score
OK ; I'll play along with the gags...how about Shaquem at long snapper. :0190l:

pehawk

Reaction score
chris98251":chpu9ifh said:
xray":chpu9ifh said:

That was tasteless imo.

Was definetly a bit out of bounds, that's for sure.

Reminds me of an analogy Pmedic made about rest areas yesterday. Something about "if they're clean that means good mods" and if they're dirty "that means making fun of the disabled" And then something about footprints in the rest areas means the good mods carried the disabled through their most trying times. I think that was it? I don't know. It was hard to keep up. The thread is in the shack.

John63

Reaction score
pehawk":28gbgy0h said:
Seymour":28gbgy0h said:

Correct I mean the offense ever even needed to play at all. The defense scored enough points every game by themselves. NOT.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
If we convert him to DL, Cable can convert him to OL. Then, he can report as pass-eligible and really make the most of his experience as a receiver.

Chawker

Reaction score
Sure, why not?

If we are speaking hypothetical... Lets put Russel Wilson at MLBer and move the punter to QB? We could even put PC in a pink tutu. Now wouldn't that be special.

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":5t2tlgeh said:
xray":5t2tlgeh said:

That was tasteless imo.
Not meant to offend ; but it's really only tasteless if one truly believes that he is " disabled ". He doesn't consider himself disabled and neither do I .

Latest posts